• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inspired by PotC - Dead Man's Chest: Seaclaimed Creature template

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
I saw the movie 2 weeks ago, and I saw one fellow with a moray eel sticking out of his stomach. (He can be seen over Will Turner's shoulder when he sits down to play dice with Davy Jones).

Eel: Your stomach is an empty hole that has become the nest of a moray eel. Once per round, this eel can strike out at an opponent within 5 feet of you with a +4 bonus to hit. On a successful attack, it does 1d6 damage with a bite. This eel is supernatural and does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe. It can be pulled from your stomach but it reappears there on your turn the following round.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Olly said:
Wikipedia has a page dedicated to the wretched souls in Davy Jones service... It might be a good resource to study if anybody is still interested.

Interesting...I'll check it out.

Olly said:
I like the idea of a seaclaimed dwarf with a seaweed beard... :p

Me too. :cool:

DnDChick said:
I saw the movie 2 weeks ago, and I saw one fellow with a moray eel sticking out of his stomach. (He can be seen over Will Turner's shoulder when he sits down to play dice with Davy Jones).

Eel: Your stomach is an empty hole that has become the nest of a moray eel. Once per round, this eel can strike out at an opponent within 5 feet of you with a +4 bonus to hit. On a successful attack, it does 1d6 damage with a bite. This eel is supernatural and does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe. It can be pulled from your stomach but it reappears there on your turn the following round.

Great! I added it to the template.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Wow just four more traits and we can get it up to 50 and make a d% chart so the traits can be randomly determined. :D

Shade

Monster Junkie
DnDChick said:
Wow just four more traits and we can get it up to 50 and make a d% chart so the traits can be randomly determined. :D

Woo-hoo! I think we can come up with four more. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
Frukathka said:
Question about the Drown ability: if the target is amphibious, does it still have to make a svae?

An excellent question! I lifted the ability from the nereid in Stormwrack, which doesn't specify. Even the drowning rules don't seem to specify. Personally, I'd rule that water breathing would prevent drowning.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads