Intellectual Property needing the RPG treatment

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The problem with that was she is massively attached to the story and her characters and didn't want anyone else doing things she didn't approve of with them. And second because she was completely unable to divorce setting from plot in order to create a plot free setting guide.
That was a long, long time ago. She's since approved a theme park and moved on to write another book.

Lhorgrim

Explorer
I would love to see a Mass Effect PnP RPG.

I've seen several un-official conversions to the Traveller ruleset, but I don't know how well those handle the property.

Mercutio01

First Post
I always thought a Dark Angel RPG would have been pretty cool. You'd get to be a transgenic human escaped from the Project Manticore facility in a dystopian America, fighting off Serpent Cultists and Manticore soldiers as well as run-of-the-mill cops and whatnot.

Johnathan
I frequently feel like the only person who liked that show. Glad to see that is not the case. A decade later and I'm still annoyed that it got cancelled. It would be a lot of fun to play in that world. I'd bet you could use Spycraft or Mutants and Masterminds (at a lower Power Level) to mimic its feel pretty well.

Avatar: The Last Airbender. All I could think of while watching the show was. "Man! This plays out just like a DnD campaign." You've got your 4-5 people in a party. They become more powerful over time. They face off against an evil empire and lots of faceless goons. Perfect.
I tried a 4E reskin for Avatar for home-play and was kinda/sorta successful for lower level stuff. I think it might be easier to do it in a rules-light FATE kind of system that doesn't really worry too much about how the mechanical effects are described. But I would love to see a professional attempt at this.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I frequently feel like the only person who liked that show. Glad to see that is not the case. A decade later and I'm still annoyed that it got cancelled. It would be a lot of fun to play in that world. I'd bet you could use Spycraft or Mutants and Masterminds (at a lower Power Level) to mimic its feel pretty well.

you weren't the only one to like Dark Angel (Jessica Alba's best work imho) I'm shocked to realise its been a decade though - wow!. Anyway I've used some Dark Angel ideas in Spycraft including a character who is a living heuristic computer 'Brain" and another whose blood is the ultimate panacea.

Remove ads