Interest Check- Marvel Superheroes system game

EarlyBird

Explorer
Wondering if anyone plays with the Marvel Superheroes system? I was thinking of a game not in the world, but still wish to use the system.

Has anyone played with it in pbp? I would think with their if it is of a lower rank than your attribute you auto success, would make posting a lot easier than waiting for results to be posted.

My ideal is for a game where all the players wake up in an odd laboratory with a bunch of other people and have to solve the mystery of what happen to you - while you start exhibiting superpowers.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Wondering if anyone plays with the Marvel Superheroes system? I was thinking of a game not in the world, but still wish to use the system.

Has anyone played with it in pbp? I would think with their if it is of a lower rank than your attribute you auto success, would make posting a lot easier than waiting for results to be posted.

My ideal is for a game where all the players wake up in an odd laboratory with a bunch of other people and have to solve the mystery of what happen to you - while you start exhibiting superpowers.
Is this the Margaret Weiss Heroic RPG? I have played that, but not PBP, just tabletop. Great system.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
Sorry I don't think so, not at home at the moment to look. It is the mid 80's system that I didn't get into really hard till the early 90's and started converting all the Image Comics characters over to the system.

I thought maybe it would work for PBP because if you had say Incredible strength and to pull a lamp pole out of the ground to use as a weapon was a Remarkable feat than you did it automatically. I thought that kind of knowledge would lead to easy posting.

hero4hire

Explorer
I have played all 4 versions of Marvel. Faserip, Saga, Stones, and Dicepool. Faserip is the closest to my heart. It still has decent online support. I recently joined a couple of FB groups and was thinking of getting into it again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
FASERIP is the only system I have played for Marvel. I have also played DC Heroes, and Palladium's Heroes Unlimited. I really haven't Superhero RPG'ed in almost 20 years and it seems I am getting an inch for some super punching, and blasting of things.

If you have any links to sources or the FB please post them for me I may just join a group and play, if there isn't any players on here.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Finally got a chance to check out all those sites and WOW to the Classic Forever site! They even have Superman and Batman in there, haha.

I only have the Basic Box set and the two Advanced books, but that site had everything, even the old modules. To bad there is no interest here, I don't think I can divide my time between two different sites, at least I don't want to try and then mess things up in either.

Since this is not going to get off the ground I am going to try something else I have been thinking on this week. Be on the look out.

Remove ads