• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interest Check- Marvel Superheroes system game

EarlyBird

Explorer
Wondering if anyone plays with the Marvel Superheroes system? I was thinking of a game not in the world, but still wish to use the system.

Has anyone played with it in pbp? I would think with their if it is of a lower rank than your attribute you auto success, would make posting a lot easier than waiting for results to be posted.

My ideal is for a game where all the players wake up in an odd laboratory with a bunch of other people and have to solve the mystery of what happen to you - while you start exhibiting superpowers.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Wondering if anyone plays with the Marvel Superheroes system? I was thinking of a game not in the world, but still wish to use the system.

Has anyone played with it in pbp? I would think with their if it is of a lower rank than your attribute you auto success, would make posting a lot easier than waiting for results to be posted.

My ideal is for a game where all the players wake up in an odd laboratory with a bunch of other people and have to solve the mystery of what happen to you - while you start exhibiting superpowers.
Is this the Margaret Weiss Heroic RPG? I have played that, but not PBP, just tabletop. Great system.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
Sorry I don't think so, not at home at the moment to look. It is the mid 80's system that I didn't get into really hard till the early 90's and started converting all the Image Comics characters over to the system.

I thought maybe it would work for PBP because if you had say Incredible strength and to pull a lamp pole out of the ground to use as a weapon was a Remarkable feat than you did it automatically. I thought that kind of knowledge would lead to easy posting.

hero4hire

Explorer
I have played all 4 versions of Marvel. Faserip, Saga, Stones, and Dicepool. Faserip is the closest to my heart. It still has decent online support. I recently joined a couple of FB groups and was thinking of getting into it again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
FASERIP is the only system I have played for Marvel. I have also played DC Heroes, and Palladium's Heroes Unlimited. I really haven't Superhero RPG'ed in almost 20 years and it seems I am getting an inch for some super punching, and blasting of things.

If you have any links to sources or the FB please post them for me I may just join a group and play, if there isn't any players on here.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Finally got a chance to check out all those sites and WOW to the Classic Forever site! They even have Superman and Batman in there, haha.

I only have the Basic Box set and the two Advanced books, but that site had everything, even the old modules. To bad there is no interest here, I don't think I can divide my time between two different sites, at least I don't want to try and then mess things up in either.

Since this is not going to get off the ground I am going to try something else I have been thinking on this week. Be on the look out.

Remove ads