[Interest Check] Savage Worlds One-Shots

Walking Dad

First Post
Currently only have access to the test-drive rules.
No problem, they will suffice and I'm here to help, if anyone has questions.

You will all be members of a U.S. Army Rifle Squad. These are the stats of standard members:

In full kit, they suffer a 1 Encumbrance penalty.
- Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Strength d6, Spirit d6, Vigor
d6.
- Skills: Fighting d6, Guts d6, Notice d4, Shooting d8, Survival d4,
Throwing d6.
- Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5.
- Hindrances: None
- Edges: None
- Gear: Angle Head Flashlight (.5lbs), 3 C Rations (6lbs), Folding
Shovel (3lbs), LBE (5lbs), M16 (Range 24/48/96, Damage
2d8, RoF 3, Weight 8lbs), 2 M26 Grenades, 3 Magazines: 20 M16
rounds each (3lbs), 2 One Quart Canteens (6lbs), Pancho, Small
Towel, Steel Helmet, Machete, Two Quart Canteen (5lbs). Total
weight: 46.5 lbs.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Besides for the bonus edge, proints from hinderances, and left over skill points (I have to examine the numbers to see if there are any left over), do we get any advances or are we green recruits who have no experience what so ever?

-Sent via tappatalk

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
The adventure assumes starting characters and you don't have to meet all the sample stats.

Here is the mission briefing:

Briefing
This is a recon patrol along the Srepok River. We will fly you out by chopper to an LZ eight clicks east of the river. Hike due west to the river, then follow it northwest, downstream, toward Cambodia.
About 17 clicks down river, on the western bank, lies the village of Mau Do Doi. We suspect the VC have been using this river to infiltrate II Corps, so do what you can to win over the villagers and get them to talk.
You will evac the following morning at 0900 at a second LZ, 10 clicks farther down the Srepok.

• Enemy Forces: We’re not sure what you’llfind, that’s why you’re going.

• Support: There is no dedicated support forthis mission but you can call the firebase if you need it.

• Weather: Hot and muggy.

• Equipment: Take standard gear for 24 hours in the bush. One of the unit must carry a PRC25.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Sounds cool. We post our characters here? Will try to read through the test rules again in more details. Skimmed it last week.

Fenris

Adventurer
So do we use the standard write up or are we making our own characters (using the template as guidance say)?

The set up sounds really cool.

Mass Defect

First Post
I read the brief description of the campaign and it sounds very interesting. I've only played SW once in my 15 years of tabletop gaming and I really can't remember the rules very well. Is there a big learning curve to the system? If not I'm interested.

Also hello to all.

Remove ads