Interesting Class + Monster Combos...

Anti-Sean

First Post
OK, So mine is a combination of a monster that doesn't exist and a Prestige Class that hasn't been (officially) updated to 3.5 :)

The Medusa Incognito picture from Urban Aracana gave me an idea for an alternate race of Medusae. Remove the petrifying gaze (and possibly snake poison) and grow the snake hair very, very long, adding a to-be-determined number of tentacle like slam attacks (or possibly slam+bite or slam+bite+poison) with a bit of reach. Tack on a few levels of an updated Lasher prestige class, and let the fun begin! The image of a Medusa with long snakes pinned back like dredlocks, unclasping her hair and whipping the snot out of a group of PCs who are too busy averting their eyes from a non-existant gaze attack fills me with glee. Plus, the name Eurayle (one of Medusa's Gorgon sisters, along with Sthenno) is just too cool not to use. One of these days, I'll get around to statting them out...

Einan

First Post
Invisible Stalker Rogue.

Kept my PCs freaked out for some time. Spring Attack, sneak attack, spring back. Invisible, silent and deadly.

Einan

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I already mentioned Doomspike, the Hunting Cactus Telepath/Thrallherd in the one-line villain thread. One of the other DS3e designers plays an epic level beholder incantatrix/ninja (or something equally bizarre) in a FR game. The beholder is apparently called "Mr. Pimp"...

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
people often forget that Ghouls are intelligent and can thus take class levels

so I've had

a Ghoul Scorcerer - mixed in with some zombies for 'disguise' and then open up with a few fireballs. Zombies throwing fireballs is bound to freak any adventurer

and

a Ghoul Psychic Warrior - using point buy and with Con as a dump stat! (so I used the points to pump up all the other stats:)) SO he's up the walls and then drops down on the PCs

I once tried a willowisp psion as a character too - it was fun for a while

greywulf

First Post
Kobold Shadow Dancers. A whole tribe of them. Be afraid. Or laugh, it's your call.

Ghoul druids are fun. Especially if they're vegetarians. Don't fight them - watch them starve to death.

Dragons make terrifying Rangers. Imagine a Huge Red Dragon unhooking the paired scimitars from it's back as it smiles and says in a low growl; "Favoured Enemy: Human".

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
So what kind of roles have these critters played in your campiagns? What was the story that revolved around the undead druid? Or your medusa assasins? Lone villains? Reoccuring threats? Entire organizations?

The vargouille druid above is an ally for the PC's who need to create a storm at sea while in the lower planes. An ancient, chaotic-evil presence with an eye to the natural harmony of his own infernal world....

How 'bout these? Knowing what they are is half the fun. Knowing what they've done is the other half. :)

greywulf

First Post
The shadow dancing kobolds came about as a result of a drow House using them as shock troops against another rival House. The PCs got stuck in the middle, made a temporary alliance with the house and the kobolds, then set off in the company of both to free a needed ally from prison.

The Ghoul Druid's name was Aeltern. He started life as a druid and simply forgot to die at his alloted time. Half of the adventure was the PCs convincing him that he had to die as he was no longer a part of nature. One of the most poignannt endgames we've played.

The Red Dragon Ranger was just plain silly, to stop a played min/maxing all the time :)

EricNoah

Adventurer
Someone mentioned giant spiders w/levels of rogue in another thread ... they'd make great stalkers/hunters in a spooky forest.

Naga spellcasters, of course.

Remove ads