Interesting Class + Monster Combos...

Kaodi

Hero
A Note On Dragons With Class

Something I noticed quite a while ago, is that is reality, if you are even using CR to just just roughly gauge the power of a dragon, they have no associated class levels. That may be painfully obvious to most of you, but I thought I should mention it all the same...

That being said... I wouldn't want to fight a dragon cerebremancer. Ow.

Or a succubus anything-that-makes-ample-use-of-charisma-bonuses.

Abstraction

First Post
Succubus blackguard! I've got saves that just can't fail! If high enough level, also take a little Rogue and Hexblade, so that I don't suffer any bad effects of any spell as long as I save, which I will. Throw in a couple of luck blades, just to avoid any danger of a natural one on a save.

FireLance

Legend
Dagger75 said:
Lets see I made an Illithid Monks, Wraith Monks and other energy drain touch creatures monks. Nothing like flurry of blows and stat draining.
Just a word of warning - for some energy drain and stat drain creatures, the ability is tied to a particular attack: slam, for example, or incorporeal touch attack. A monk's unarmed strike is technically not a slam attack or an incorporeal touch attack and thus would not trigger the energy drain or stat drain. I think one of the sample vampires in the MM illustrates this.

On topic: ghoul rangers with favored enemy (elves) are a personal favorite of mine.

Last edited:

Tuzenbach

First Post
I've got a Firenewt Fighter/Engineer with dyslexia and an uncontrollable addiction to raw halfling.......that's gotta count for something, right?

Kamikaze Midget said:
So what kind of roles have these critters played in your campiagns? What was the story that revolved around the undead druid? Or your medusa assasins? Lone villains? Reoccuring threats? Entire organizations?

The vargouille druid above is an ally for the PC's who need to create a storm at sea while in the lower planes. An ancient, chaotic-evil presence with an eye to the natural harmony of his own infernal world....

How 'bout these? Knowing what they are is half the fun. Knowing what they've done is the other half. :)

In my campaign (see sig), there's a PC Minotaur sorcerer with a demon bloodline. Once he's used up his spells, he lowers his head and gores into battle. He just recently took over a tribe of minotaurs and plans on rearing some children to replace the males that got wiped out.

There's also a PC Hill giant cleric, high on wisdom and low on intelligence. He was quested by his church to set up a new branch on a new continent, but after being shot with a forget arrow from a pixie bow, his memory has become muddled. He now seeks to convert all to his religion especially the puny elves.

Pants

First Post
Hm, I had a High-Level Spellstitched Ghoul Rogue/Assassin in one game. He was the primary assassin of a Lichlord. Took me forever to stat him out... he bit it in the first fight. :(

Remove ads