• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interrupts Question

Dayspire

Explorer
I'm somewhat confused on whether or not you can use an interrupt on your turn. PH, page 268, under Immediate Action:

"Once per Round: You can take only one immediate action per round, either an immediate interrupt or an immediate reaction. If you haven’t taken an immediate action since the end of your last turn, you can take one when a trigger allows you to. You can’t take an immediate action on your own turn.

Interrupt: An immediate interrupt lets you jump in when a certain trigger condition arises, acting before the trigger resolves. If an interrupt invalidates a triggering action, that action is lost. For example, an enemy makes a melee attack against you, but you use a power that lets you shift away as an immediate interrupt. If your enemy can no longer reach you, the enemy’s attack action is lost."

I'm probably just being stupid, but I see a contradiction in those two bolded sections. You can't take an immediate action on your turn, but the second section talks about certain powers that let you take immediate actions - on your turn.

Help me to understand!

Mentat55

First Post
The second bolded text is not on your turn -- the example is an enemy attacking, triggering an immediate action that lets you shift away. Your shift is taking place in the middle of your opponent's turn.

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Dayspire said:
I'm somewhat confused on whether or not you can use an interrupt on your turn. PH, page 268, under Immediate Action:

... You can’t take an immediate action on your own turn.

...For example, an enemy makes a melee attack against you, but you use a power that lets you shift away as an immediate interrupt. If your enemy can no longer reach you, the enemy’s attack action is lost."

I'm probably just being stupid, but I see a contradiction in those two bolded sections. You can't take an immediate action on your turn, but the second section talks about certain powers that let you take immediate actions - on your turn.

Help me to understand!

The example has the character taking an immediate interrupt against an attack. The attack was on the attacker's turn, not the character's.

Remove ads