Into The Depths

Halford

First Post
"Aye looks like we might 'ave us a secret door 'ere! Bet its trapped, everything's trapped, I hate traps." The Halfling replies biting his lower lip thoughtfully.

Arv thoroughly examines the anomolous area for traps, twitching a little as he remembers some of his former trap finding exploits.

Once satisfied he turns his attention to searching for a way to open the door.

[Sblock=OOC]I hope I am interpreting that correctly Reveille, I was a little confused by the pure worked stone within it remark. Could you clarify that a little for me - sorry.

In anycase Arv is trying to do at a thorough examination, so he will check and recheck if thats permitted - some DMs permit only a single check so let me know and that'll be fine.

Search checks for traps on secret door(?). (1d20+10=12, 1d20+10=23)

If he is satisfied there are no traps he will attempt to open the door (if thats what it is) let me know what I need to roll for that.[/Sblock]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
After Arv throughly examines the area where the archway is, he comes to the conclusion that it is defientely a secret door and that there are no traps associated with it. It seems as if the stone obstruction within the archway was slid into its current position, however, there are no markings on the floor of wear from moving the massive rock. It must have been pushed into position from behind, possibly trapping the sealers to their doom on the other side.

Halford

First Post
"Well don't look like I'll be openin' this anytime soon. Some blighter's just bunged in a great hunk 'o stone, so either some big fella gonna be doin a hole lotta hammerin' or we need to find us another way. I suppose we might be able t' push it back, but when I see we I ain't includin' meself.""

He shrugs resignedly and makes his way over to the stairs muttering to himself and scouring the surroundings for traps. Occasionally he jumps and his eyes dart about in a frenzy, his left cheek twitching furiously.

"You ain't gettin me, you ain't gettin me." He chants in a barely audible whisper.

[Sblock=OOC]Unless we are in a hurry for some reason Arv will be checking for traps continually. Let me know if I need to roll.[/Sblock]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Okay Halford, give me another Search check. Don't forget that you can Take 20, if you do you still get to add your Skill bonus to the result (which in Arv's case would give him a result of 30).

Arkhandus

First Post
Gerak clanks over in his full plate armor, and gives the whole area Arv was inspecting a good look-over, pushing at spots with his hand and trying to find a way to open it.

(ooc: Search 23, taking 20 with Int and Stonecunning)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Gerak prods the area of the archway; ocassioanlly it moves back a centimeter or two, not enough to make a difference. Gerak makes the observation that no single mortal being could have pushed the massive rock into place and that if it is to be moved iit is going to take a team effort, with no less than a combined Strength score of 75 to move the boulder.

Vertexx69

First Post
Chubbs smirks to himself as the armored types bust a gut trying to force the massive stone door back on its tracks. "Me t'inks d'ere chould be some sort o'v saefty catch 'iddon somewhere in da room aye. Do be comin over to help aye-an-aye be lookin for da catch." Chubbs takes his time and searches the other walls for a small opening or crack that could be concealing a release.

OOC - (Take 20 on my search check for a 30, plus anyone else that might want use the 'aid another' action.) I don't think I've tried writting with the jamaican accent before ;p its kind of fun.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Chubbs has noticed that the first step in the stairs is indeed trapped - spell trapped!

Chubbs needs to make a Disable Device check in order to disable the trap.

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]OOC: Reveille do you mean Chubbs or Arv? Since Arv was headed for the stairs searching for traps and Chubbs was searching the walls for a catch? I any event I am sure the one will call the other over for aide and I assume that Chubbs will aide Arv in attempting to disable the device.

So Arv's disable device check = Disable Device, might have an additional +2 for aide another. (1d20+12=20)

If he knows that fails, he tries again, unless he takes a lot of damage or can be certain simply avoiding the step will work. His second check is a...
2nd Disable Device. (1d20+12=25)
[/Sblock]

Arv moves over to the top step and pulls out his trusty toolkit. Saying a quick prayer to Yondalla he leans down and begins to toy with the mechanism sweat beading upon his brow.

"I hate traps, I hate traps." Arv mutters fervently as he works.

Last edited:

Remove ads