Into The Depths

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Arv accidentally sets off the trap, and though he evades the full force of the effect he doesn't manage to pull away quickly enough, and is seared for 8 points of fire damage.

Halford

First Post
Arv yelps as the fire scorches him and curses profusely.

"If I ever find a trap maker I'm gonna sew his eyelids to his scrotum! Sons of kobolds!" He finishes darkly, before turning to Gerak and saying simply,

"Medic!"

[Sblock=Reveille]Can I please get a little more information on traps? e.g, does he notice its a pressure plate or a proximity trigger, etc.

Does he feel the party can hop over it to avoid it, etc.

And I am assuming it was not a reflex for half dealy because Arv has evasion. I am not sure what fire effects would allow me to avoid but not fully avoid?

Just in case its relevent Arv's reflex save is a 23 Reflex save if necessary. (1d20+10=23) [/Sblock]

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Halford said:
[Sblock=Reveille]Can I please get a little more information on traps? e.g, does he notice its a pressure plate or a proximity trigger, etc.

Does he feel the party can hop over it to avoid it, etc.

And I am assuming it was not a reflex for half dealy because Arv has evasion. I am not sure what fire effects would allow me to avoid but not fully avoid?

Just in case its relevent Arv's reflex save is a 23 Reflex save if necessary. (1d20+10=23) [/Sblock]
In order to figure out how a trap works and bypass it with the rest of the party, Arv needed to to succeed at a Disable Device DC26 check, which he failed to do.

I did roll the reflex save for Arv and figured for evasion before I replied. This damage is for the first failed check. Arv realizes that had he not scuttled out he would have suffered twice as much damage.

Arv does know that the first step is associated with the trap. He can try again if he so wishes.

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=Reveille]Sorry to quibble Reveille, but like I said before attempting the check I was assuming that Arv would be getting aide anothers from Chubb's which would have given him a 22 on the first check and a 27 on the 2nd. Unless Chubbs was not willing, or unable to make the 10 needed assist. If you look back the original check does say that there may be an additional + 2 added on.

And if evasion works he takes no damage, since it only works for reflex saves which are half damage. If he failed the save he takes full damage, though I hate to say it since he does not have improved evasion.

I am happy to accept your decision, its really no big deal, I am just a little confused by it.[/Sblock]

Muttering under his breath,

"Bet the sneaky bums trapped the second step too.."

Arv tries again, motioning for Chubbs to help (assuming Chubbs is not there already.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Halford said:
[Sblock=Reveille]Sorry to quibble Reveille, but like I said before attempting the check I was assuming that Arv would be getting aide anothers from Chubb's which would have given him a 22 on the first check and a 27 on the 2nd. Unless Chubbs was not willing, or unable to make the 10 needed assist. If you look back the original check does say that there may be an additional + 2 added on.

And if evasion works he takes no damage, since it only works for reflex saves which are half damage. If he failed the save he takes full damage, though I hate to say it since he does not have improved evasion.

I am happy to accept your decision, its really no big deal, I am just a little confused by it.[/Sblock]
D"OH! Okay, you're right and I'm wrong on this one. My memory of evasion was faulty. No damage suffered and trap disabled! ;) :cool:

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
"Small ones disarmed all traps? Good job. If you need somebody slashed, I wil do mine." The goliath says to the goblin and the halfling.

Halford

First Post
"Not likely big fella, but this ones done with at anyrate. Stay behind me 'n Chubbs the whole place is probably riddled." Still twitching Arv sets off down the stairs his eyes darting across the steps walls and ceiling.

[Sblock=Reveille]Sorry Reveille I was just a bit puzzled. No harm no foul![/Sblock]

Halford

First Post
OOC: Well since our roguetastic party has two rogues with the same search check I suggest chubbs goes first. He has a better AC, reflex save and most importantly he has darkvision. Arv will come up to disable traps - assuming Vertexx is okay with that.

Arv will stay behind Chubbs if everyone is okay with that.

Arkhandus

First Post
"Right lads, let's go. This stone's not movin' a foot without a whole team o' dwarves pushin', and I don't think it's got any catch meant fer openin'. I'll budge it tomorrow wit' a spell if it ain't too huge." the dwarf says, moving up a bit behind Chubbs and Arv, keeping a bit of space between them in case they trigger any traps. Gerak keeps an eye out and examines the walls and such as he goes.

Remove ads