Into the Dragon's Lair. (Closed, again. )

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Seated in the Welcoming Hand Tavern, a group of adventurers strike your fancy. Perhaps its the odd collaboration of races and from the looks of it professions, or the fact that you could've sworn you heard one of them inquiring about a dragon's lair. Was it their intentions to raid such a purse filling destination? Were they off to slay an evil dragon that has plagued the realms too long? Only three of them, eh? They definitely could use another amongst their ranks! All of this plays out in your head and finally, after finishing your ale, you approach the men in hopes of signing on for whatever spell-binding mission that lays ahead.

******​

Before moving into character creation, please just submit a few things to me. Character concept, post rate, and whether or not you've done this module. No need to do up a 10th level character (unless of course you wish to) if you don't need to. :)

Character creation as follows:

*Characters begin at 10th level - Your character will be filling in the gap of missing players - not their characters, so feel free to let your creativity run wild!
*Stats will be done by rolling 4d6 dropping the lowest on www.invisiblecastle.com. Please put in your user name, and for details put TwistedMindInc's game.
*Starting gold to buy items will be 57,000. Magicial items are allowed to be bought but no more than half may be spent on one item.
*Books allowed (subject to change): PHB, PHB2, Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, Magic of Faerun, Races of Faerun, Faiths and Pantheons, Lords of Darkness, Player's Guide to Faerun, Unapproachable East, Silver Marches, Serpent Kingdom, Lords of Darkness, Races of the Dragon, Tome of Magic, Complete Warrior - Divine - Adventurer - Arcane, Races of Stone - Destiny - Wild, Unearthed Arcana, Draconomican, DMG, Arms and Equipment, and Minature's Handbook. -- new addition: Dragon Magic.
*Any WotC book you wish to use, that I do not have listed - feel free to ask about.
* HPs will be full at first, and the remainder levels will be rolled via invisiblecastle ( user name, and TwistMindInc's game) + con mod.
*This is not a first come first serve game.
*Special Rules: No Psionics! Bonus regional feat at 1st level, in addition to any other regional feats you may pick.
*If stumped on what exactly to play, may I suggest a rogue-like character. We currently lost our only character that was skill heavy, and what dragon wouldn't trap its lair? :)
*Your adventure will start in Eveningstar; you may be from any region.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Hi there! :)

Not sure what you are looking for in terms of character concepts (i.e. what's missing).

I had this sorceress already written up for your game. So if you are looking for an arcane caster... ;)

Bye
Thanee

G

Guest 11456

OK. How about a tiefling rogue who is constantly trying to prove that he is not evil, to the point of obsession?

Post Rate: I'm here generally multiple times a day during the week and less on weekends.

Module: Never played it.

Tailspinner

Last edited by a moderator:

G

Guest 11456

I'll go roll some stats and get to work on the details. Even if I don't get the slot, I get to have fun creating the character.

TS

Fenris2

First Post
TwistedMindInc said:
Before moving into character creation, please just submit a few things to me. Character concept, post rate, and whether or not you've done this module. No need to do up a 10th level character (unless of course you wish to) if you don't need to. :)

I look forward to hearing from you!

Hmm, concept... Nale is the 2nd son of a fairly prosperous merchant family whose father has just recently passed away. The family business stands to be inherrited by his nitwit spend thrift elder brother (or, is he?). But that would soon doom the family, and they all know it (or, do they?).

Luckily, Nale's cousin brought up the ancient custom of trial to determine leadership. After much debate, the family agreed to allow it. Both Nale and his brother have one year to grow their fortunes any way they wish (it is a _merchant_ family after all, what sort of trial were you expecting, hmmmm? ), so long a its' actually theirs (not borrowed, gifted, etc). At the end of the year whomever has gained the most gold in value wins... And, of course, exile from the family for the loser.

The problem? His elder brother starts with the family business already his to grow (or lose) from... So, Nale needs a large infusion of fast cash or even a modest pecentage gain by his brother may out do whatever he can generate with just his own personal fortune.

Well, there is always that dragon they talk of. I bet it has a horde... Nale is not too bad with stealth, or the sword for that mater, and with a just a little bit of luck. . . Hmm.... It could work.

Concept rules wise? A sneaky mobility fighter. . .

I see rogue and/or scout levels combnined with the Dervish Prc. Probably some fighter or ranger in there as well... not positive about that last part yet, and may vary it after some thought. Perhaps a sideline in shadowdancer...

Post rate. up 1-2 daily is fine, can be less on weekends though depending on family / work load

adventure: never done it, read it or heard of it.

Last edited:

Remove ads