Into the Dragon's Lair. (Closed, again. )

Hrm... I have a moonelven shadow-walker Telflammar Shadowlord (from Unapproachable East) about... I am assuming that this is a Forgotten Realms game? (I've never played through the module, or read it... for that matter, I can't even recall having heard of it.) Post rate... I can say for sure that I will be online at least every other day, I can often surf from work, so daily is likely.

As a brief history (all of which is up for change if it doesn't fit with the game), she was from Cormanthor and is the last of her family line. When her father died, she tried to take up the family moonblade and it rejected, and nearly killed, her. She left elven society and traveled for several years, ending up in Thesk - when her, uh, sticky-fingered activities were noticed, the Shadowlords told her to either join them, or leave... 'leave' being at the point of a dagger across her throat, she got the feeling. She joined the organization and they trained her to be even better than before (very heavy skill-based character). She ended up leaving Thesk because of a... disagreement... with the current heads of the guild. Now she's looking for a lot of money to pay off her debts.... and the assassins that might come after her.

Last edited:

I rolled some stats, just for the heck of it, and just in case I might be chosen....

First Set:
8, 10, 14, 11, 10, 10
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=688761

Nice to see that my luck with dice hasn't changed. *sigh*

Second Set:
12, 15, 17, 12, 12, 13
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=688767

I rerolled because of the PHB suggestion that one can reroll if one's stats don't make a minimum... net +3 bonus, I think? I don't recall exactly what it is, but I know it is higher than the net +1 that I ended up with on the first roll.... The second roll is still remarkably average, but I do have that 17, so it's not too bad. :)

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Goddess FallenAngel said:
The second roll is still remarkably average, but I do have that 17, so it's not too bad. :)

You must have some pretty high expectations then! ;)

That's an effective 38 Point Buy there, and surely not average by any means. All six stats are at least at the high end of average (12), half of them even higher.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee said:
You must have some pretty high expectations then! ;)

That's an effective 38 Point Buy there, and surely not average by any means. All six stats are at least at the high end of average (12), half of them even higher.

Bye
Thanee

*cough* I feel rather embarrassed to say this, but... our gaming group uses a 50 pt buy... :D So I am used to somewhat higher stats. Doesn't bother me any (stats don't make that big an impact on the game, really), but I'm just accustomed to seeing higher than 12s. ;)

G

Guest 11456

Lumiere : Male Tiefling Rogue 9

Here is my submission (I snagged Isida's character sheet format):

[sblock]Lumiere
Male Tiefling Rogue 9
Alignment: Neutral Good
Deity: Mystra
Region: Unther
Height: 5' 1''
Weight: 135lbs
Hair: Obsidian Black
Eyes: Crimson Red
Skin: Dark

Str: 13 (+1)
Dex: 24 (+7) [+2 racial, +1 level, +1 level, +4 gloves]
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 20 (+5) [+2 racial, +2 headband]
Wis: 13 (+1)
Cha: 9 (-1) [-2 racial]

Class and Racial Abilities: +2 Dexterity; +2 Intelligence; -2 Charisma; Tiefling base land speed is 30 feet, Darkvision 60 ft.; Racial Skills: Tieflings have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Hide checks; Special Attack: Darkness (Sp): This tiefling can use darkness three times per day (caster level equal to class levels); Special Qualities: Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5; Level Adjustment +1. Sneak Attack +5d6, Evasion, Trap Sense +3, Improved Uncanny Dodge.

Hit Dice: 9d6+18
HP: 52
AC: 20 (+7 Dex, +3 bracers) [Touch 17, Flat-footed 13]
ACP: +0
Init: +7 (+7 Dex)
Speed: 30ft

Saves:
Fortitude +6 [+3 base, +2 Con, +1 cloak]
Reflex +14 [+6 base, +7 Dex, +1 cloak]
Will +5 [+3 base, +1 Wis, +1 cloak]

BAB/Grapple: +6/+7
Melee Atk: +14 (1d6+2/15-20/P, +1 keen rapier)
Ranged Atk: +13 (1d2+1/x2/P/10 ft, shuriken)

Skills:
Balance +19 (12 ranks, +7 Dex)
Bluff +1 (0 ranks, -1 Cha, +2 racial)
Climb +13 (12 ranks, +1 Str)
Decipher Script +17 (12 ranks, +5 Int)
Disable Device +19 (12 ranks, +5 Int, +2 feat)
Escape Artist +13 (0 ranks, +7 Dex, +6 vest)
Hide +33 (12 ranks, +7 Dex, +2 race, +2 feat, +10 ring)
Listen +13 (12 ranks, +1 Wis)
Move Silently +21 (12 ranks, +7 Dex, +2 feat)
Open Lock +25 (12 ranks, +7 Dex, +2 fest, +4 vest)
Search +17 (12 ranks, +5 Int)
Sleight of Hand +19 (12 ranks, +7 Dex)
Spot +13 (12 ranks, +1 Wis)
Tumble +19 (12 ranks, +7 Dex)

Feats:
Magic in the Blood (bonus 1st level regional)
Weapon Finesse (1st level)
Exotic Weapon Proficiency [Shuriken] (3rd level)
Nimble Fingers (6th level)
Stealthy (9th level)

Languages: Common, Infernal, Draconic, Dwarven, Goblin, Orc

[Equipment
Guards of Toldek (Bracers of Armor +3) – 9,000gp (1 lb)
Torrent (Keen Rapier +1) – 8,320gp (2 lb)
Hands of Kalak (Gloves of Dexterity +4) – 16,000gp
Temple of Gulache (Headband of Intellect +2) – 4,000gp
Vest of Stolson (Vest of Escape) – 5,200gp
Cloak of Guisue (Cloak of Resistance +1) – 1,000gp (1 lb)
Veilor (Ring of Chameleon Power) – 12,700gp
Traveler’s outfit (Free)
Backpack – 2gp (2 lbs)
~Elixer of Hiding – 250gp
~Elixer of Sneaking – 250gp
~Elixer of Vision – 250gp
~Shuriken (x30) – 6gp (3 lbs)
~Caltrops (x5) – 5gp (10 lbs)
~Trail rations (4 days worth) - 2gp (4 lbs)

Money
15gp
~~~~~

Background: My name is Lumiere and as you can see from my features I am a tiefling. Although I came from a merchant family, I chose to head my life in a different direction. I have spent my whole life trying to make amends for my race’s bad reputation. The horns and demonic features do little to help. But I try the best I can and I am determined that I WILL succeed.

Like others of my kind I have the ability to produce darkness. This makes it difficult to convince others of my good tidings. But, to make matters worse I have been gifted with the power to produce this darkness more than once a day, making it even more difficult to convince the masses of my good will. So I have learned that I must sometime use subterfuge to get to the ends that I endeavor for. I have traveled the realms trying to right the wrongs that my race has done.

Ah! I noticed you eyeing this rapier at my side. It’s name is ‘Torrent’ and I took it from Alabaris, a master thief. These arm guards I took from a warrior by the name Toldek and thus I call them ‘Guards of Toldek’. These gloves I found in the hands of a minstrel named Kalak and I call them ‘Hands of Kalak’. This headband I wear about my temples I found in the wizard, Gulache’s house. I call it ‘Temple of Gulache’. This fine vest I took from the wizard, Stolson’s tower and I call it ‘Vest of Stolson’. It has some most remarkable lock picks hidden away in it. This cloak I retrieved from a priest by the name of Guisue and thus I call it ‘Cloak of Guisue’. But my most prized possession is my smallest possession. See this tiny ring here on my left hand? See it is made of gold, silver, platinum, copper and several other metals? Its name is ‘Veilor’ and with it I am able to better blend into not only my surroundings, but also blend into a crowd. I am able to change my appearance and thus make my escape should the situation arise.[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Sorry I've been away, as I posted in my game that my computer/internet has gone wacky. And then today, when Time Warner was supposed to come and fix it -- they claim that they stopped by but no one was there. Grr! I spent all day sitting around there waiting for them, such an exciting Saturday. ::Huff!:: All right, enough of that. I'll look over the submissions and get back to you all. :)

Remove ads