D&D 5E Into the Dragon's Maw (OOC)

Best I can tell, we've heard from everyone decently recently except for 3SpdDragster (who plays Ursus), from whom we haven't heard in the IC since Feb 16. Pell's ready to move on whenever the rest of the group is; I've expended hit dice for healing during the short rest, and additionally received healing from Lakeover. Pell hadn't burned any spell slots, so nothing to recover there (happily).

Matthan said:
If you have some magical hoodoo, you could conceivably fly up the waterfall into whatever chamber is up there or the path goes off to the bottom right of the map. Let me know how you proceed (stealth, scouting, or whatnot) and we'll see if we can't finish this adventure.
Pell doesn't have fly but he does have spider climb. Perhaps that would work to scale the rock wall beside the waterfall? I'd like to opt for the Stealth/Scouting option for how to approach the dragon's lair. Pell can skulk (Stealth +9), or I'm happy if someone else skulks/scouts.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Pell doesn't have fly but he does have spider climb. Perhaps that would work to scale the rock wall beside the waterfall? I'd like to opt for the Stealth/Scouting option for how to approach the dragon's lair. Pell can skulk (Stealth +9), or I'm happy if someone else skulks/scouts.

Agree on scouting ahead, at a cursory glance I think Faera [MENTION=65487]Zeromaru X[/MENTION] is the only other party member skilled in stealth. May be worth considering having two of us scout.

SO short rest= 1hr, with 10 minutes to prep the Hut, I am tempted to take an additional 10 minutes after the rest to recast Rary's, especially if one of us is scouting up that cliff face. Putting us out 1hr 20 minutes at that point before we scout...

Radaceus

Adventurer
Also, regarding pushing us along. I keep waiting for the others to post their actions, trying not to be an action hog so to speak by taking more than one action per turn. but seeing with issues some of us have had, for whatever reasons unforeseen, and Ursus inactive for a few months now, perhaps we maintain a turn sequence even out of combat? you give us X amount of time to post our actions, moving to the next player in the turn order once that time has elapsed?

Just an idea, I believe CB mentioned something of the sorts and probably has a better way of doing it from experience.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I don't think Lakeover has much magic to help with current spell deployment, though of course a long rest could change that if someone had an idea. :D

Matthan

Explorer
I think what's happened is everyone has been waiting on each other (myself included). I should have pushed things ahead sooner.

Anyway, spider climb is viable. When you write your initial post go ahead and include some skill checks for me, like stealth and perception. If you can think of another skill you want to try and use, go ahead and include that.

Remove ads