Into the New World - Recruitment OPEN (Current players stay OUT!)

Shayuri

First Post
I have an idea for a sorceress...perhaps a rival to the PC wizard? A difficult student...not intellectual at all. Magic fueled by emotion and instinct rather than erudite understanding. Impatient...impulsive. A yin to wizardry's yang.

I'll need to coordinate though, to make sure I don't pick overly redundant spells.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I was wondering if a barbarian hunter would fit in. Someone who "inspires" to hunt the bigger game. If you approve, I will elaborate and have a character sheet up. If you would prefer something else..... then I will find something else!

Dire Lemming

First Post
A few more questions :heh: : Do we have dogs? Do we ride horses? Do we have wheels? What kinds of tools for woodcutting and farming do we have (Axes, saws, plows, shovels, spades, sickles, scythes)? What kinds of eating utensils? What do people in this culture tend to look like (skin, eyes, hair, build)?

I noticed that you mentioned in clothing that women wear skirts. Is this a mild sexual prejudice or just a coincidence of fashion?

Anyway my character will be Enko the Spirit Shaman. He was born with the mark of some well known healing plant that grows in the forest. His home is in the town but he often travels to the outlying farms and hamlets to check on people. He seems somewhat timid but this is more an aversion to conflict than a fear of pain or punishment. His living family consists of his Mother, Father, four years younger Sister, his Mother's Sister and his Father's Mother. His Aunt is a farmer, his Mother is a spirit talker and his Father and Grandmother are hunters. His mother is a healer as well and he idolizes her somewhat. When he was 3 years old he somehow managed to wander into the forest and no one is quite sure how he survived, but they found him sleeping at its edge thirteen days later. His survival was attributed to the little people in the forest. For a while this caused his parents to become extremely overprotective of him and only in recent years was he again allowed to venture out of the town. He has yet to build his own house and start his own family.

If you think of any questions to ask about my character please ask them, it'll help me develope him more.

EDIT @ Shayuri: You love your impulsive young women don't you? :p

Shayuri

First Post
lol

In fairness, I have plenty of perfectly reasonable, levelheaded women too.

Even the teefer beguiler concept I had for the Pscape game was going to be a cool calculating sort.

You've just never been in a game with me where I was playing that kind. :)

Zurai

First Post
Redclaw said:

Character sheet looks good.

Apprenticed to a local herbalist (if such a person makes sense. I didn't want him to be a midwife-in-training... ;) )

Yep, there are herbalists. Some specialize in healing herbs, some specialize in spices and cooking herbs, and some do a bit of both.

Background looks good.

Zurai

First Post
WarShrike said:
Sorry for being a noob, but i can't find your special HD house rules. :uhoh:

WarShrike

Whoops, forgot I'd removed those. Originally I was going to bump up low hp classes based on BAB progression (low BAB would be d6 minimum, med BAB would be d8 minimum, and high BAB would be d10 minimum), but then I decided the Vitality and Wound Points rules would cover that well enough. Sorry for the confusion! You should have 9 VP and 12 WP.

Remove ads