(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 2)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sollir declared you don't get the Riftcrag Forsaken one...

You will have to cut through me as well to take it then... Even though you have been a general "not so mean" guy towards me...

Creamsteak

Explorer
I can't quite figure out how to get colors to match up so that my text appears as invisible as some of yours. I don't know URL so that could be why... but I don't believe any of the "basic" colors is so well hidden... anyone willing to post on how they do it?

Anabstercorian

First Post
Here's the trick.

Alzem, sorry for sharing... But this should be public knowledge.

Look in the vB code thing to learn how to do color. Where you type in a color, type {firstaltcolor} for the black background and {secondaltcolor} for the dark gray background. This should render your text completely invisible.

Also, Edena, where-ever you are, I hope you're getting some needed rest.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers and Comments

Ok, this is my last Answers and Comments Post.

After that, I am going to explain several new Rules, then ask for your Templates.

Here goes! :)

- - -

The name of the new Power is the Emerald Order, not Emerald Enclave. My mistake.
Also, I am setting up the forces of the Eternal Empire that are on AnaKeris as a Power that can be claimed.

AnaKeris continues to refuse to ally with anyone.
The reason for this is their Seers are predicting doom for all of them if they do (and considering the Shade will nuke them if they ally with the Alliance of Oerth, their Seers are quite right. In neutrality is short-term safety.)

I have read all your Posts and updated the Lists accordingly.
The Lists are accurate now.
I have made Rulings concerning all complaints and requests, and the results are given in the Lists.

In particular, Forsaken One's PL doubled.
That has been taken into account. Forsaken One, your PL is finalized.

The Godspires are contested, so I have not awarded them to anyone.

William has Celene Base, and Serpenteye has Polaris Base.

The Union of Oerth gave up it's Red Steel. In so doing, their attack/defense dropped by + 1 / + 2.
If they want that + 1 / + 2 back, they will have to resume their all out development project with the Red Goo.

They still have their army of Red Goo enhanced superdragons and supertrolls, unless they declare they are destroying them too.

- - -

Spoof

Edena did you get the explination for a possible jump in PL for me that you ask for. I posted it on the last thread. Just need to know so we can decide if we want to try it. I just thought this would work as when you take over a country its PL is adjusted by your Civilization, Thanks

ANSWER: What you are trying to do cannot be done.
However, next Turn (Turn 7) your entire PL will be released into play (all 5,000 PL.)
The Angels of the Seventh Heaven (still under my control) will come to your aid, and they will come to Oerth.

Hey I know you found the Annulus, and I was wondering if you wanted to use it to destroy the Staff. That is if the staff will not call the elder ones if this is used. Also Edena Would it be possible to lure the Illithid Fleet to a deserted universe and break the staff calling the elder ones to destroy them? This would only be done if I can be assured the Elder Ones could not leave there to harm anyone else. Also as for the Colnes of Anab. would giving one of them the staff cause the fleet to turn around?

ANSWER: These are things you would find out the answers to in play.
The True Staff of Ancient Penumbra has something to say to Alzem, however.
It states:

You think that by giving me to Forrester and thence to Toril, that you will solve your problem.
You think the so-called invincible strength of Realmspace will block the Illithid Fleets.

However, the Illithid are much brighter than you, little being.

The Illithid know WHERE I was stolen.
I was stolen from my Rightful Owner in Greyspace.

The Illithid Fleets will have their vengeance on all of Greyspace for this affront, whether you give me to Forrester, or whether you keep me for yourself.

ONLY by kneeling before Anabstercorian, my Rightful Owner, and begging for forgiveness and mercy, and accepting whatever fate he decrees, and in humble apology surrendering me back to Anabstercorian, will this not happen.

I have spoken, little being.

(And nobody knows how big the Illithid Fleet is going to be, because it's still assembling. Nobody knows how long it will be before it attacks.
For that matter, nobody knows if the Staff is telling the truth, or lying as well as Anabstercorian ever could.)

And no, you cannot lead the Illithid Fleets to a desert place and destroy them.
They are too powerful for that.

- - -

Rhialto

So what are the Black Brotherhood doing during all this...?
Well, to be honest they're being quiet.
Eerily quiet. Almost suspiciously quiet.
Anyone whose spies are keeping a lookout for the Brotherhood hears rumors--some sort of mass exodus to the Blood Waste--but that's all.
No one can find out what they're doing.
No one can find out why they're doing it.

ANSWER: Rhialto, I hope you received my e-mail warning about the Red Goo. It is very dangerous. Read my e-mail again - you can't read that one too many times.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Spoof, since I'm neutral to everybody and I don't wanna see the world go boom, or a possible enemy wield such power. I'd like you to give the staff to me. I got 83 PL of Illithid, all nice lawfull evil and next turn lawful Neutral. I keep the staff in1 piece, and the PL out of a enemy of yours posession.

ANSWER: It is up to you people, what you do with the Staff. Give it back to Anabstercorian, and one thing happens. Give it to Forsaken One, another thing happens. Keep it, and another thing happens.
Give it to Forrester, yet another thing happens.
You don't know what will happen.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Whoa! [Open post with secret bit]

Edena, don't kill yourself! At the very least, give us an e-mail limit and simplify the templates!

ANSWER: It is my intention to limit the number of e-mails sent to me during Turn 6.

- - -

Forrester

Spoof -- What's a "bick stick"?

In any case, Edena -- if everyone gets to double their PL every month through industrialization, then there's no reason that the folks on Toril aren't doing the exact same thing.
In other words, I think you should go back to the 150-limit (and no offense, but Kalanyr's creation of "pocket dimensions" to get around the growth-rules seems little more than a rules kludge, and nothing else. How is that realistic?)
Just my two cents.
If the rules stay the way they are -- well, Toril just went from a 10,000PL nation to maybe a 16,000PL nation. This last month. I'm sure you see the problem.
And does this mean that you are erasing the five-turn limit for 11th level magic, too?
Because with 1000PL to spend, I'm sure Serpenteye and others would love to get the big one-one sooner than that.

ANSWER - FORRESTER, PLEASE READ: I am allowing the United Commonwealth of Toril, and all the other Torilian Powers, to begin Advancing their Civilization starting NOW.
However, I am creating special rules to handle this situation, and I will give a detailed explanation of this below.
The Pocket Dimension Rule stands.
Kalanyr deserved the reward. He sacrificed most of his PL over a 4 Turn period to obtain 10th level magic.

Everyone with 10th level magic may create 10 Pocket Dimensions of size LL.
These gain from Advancing Your Civilization.

Forrester, with 11th level magic, may create 100 Pocket Dimensions, each size LL.
So may Alzem. For he has 11th level magic in Realmspace.
So may the Eternal Empire.
So may the Church of Toril.
So may the Scro Star League.
These also gain from Advancing Your Civilization.
(However, before EVERYONE loses their wits and freaking out after reading THAT, PLEASE READ MY RULE ON ADVANCING YOUR CIVILIZATION BELOW, when I get it posted.)

- - -

Anabstercorian

Issues with the lists post

Melkor is still shown as being in possesion of Sauros. I made him my bee-yatch in turn 3 and used him as a decoy copy of me against the Eternal Empire in turn 5. He's currently in Toril somewhere, unless Forrester decided to give him back.

ANSWER: I fixed that. Sauros is out of play.

Second, I've gained a total of 33 levels, Edena. 10 levels for the Divine Agent prestige class you let me get, twenty for annhilating the Eternal Empire force, and three more for the Battle of the Blood Waste and defending the Godspires against the City of the Gods.
Also, I personally think that I deserve PARTIAL experience for convincing the remainder of the Eternal Empire army to leave just by glaring at them.

ANSWER: I gave Anabstercorian his 33 levels, and placed them where you requested.

Third, if I think up a wild tactic/monster/widget for my own troops, can I boost my PL production in one of the Arms Races?

ANSWER: Yes. But you must start doing it.
Take Melkor. He just gained 10th level magic. He has stated a number of things he is doing with that magic.
But the Lists won't reflect those things now, but rather on Turn 7.

LAST, 1 PL of my Evil Undead were PSIONIC liches, so they probably remain in my power. Unless you simply count them as part of my normal power level?

ANSWER: Acererak has complete control of all undead, period. Unless they are magically in suspended animation, or unless they are protected by 11th level magic.

And NO, Acererak cannot control the Undead of Realmspace.
They ARE protected by 11th level magic, so they remain beyond Acererak's influence.

By the way, that 400 PL you saw me give Acererak, in undead?
That's just the beginning.
Those are only the undead that manage to arrive on Turn 6.
I assure you they keep coming. There are undead galore out there, and they are all coming at Acererak's beck and call.
Which gives the rest of you a King sized headache.
Of course, 20 megaton hydrogen bombs do funny things to millions of massed undead ... unless you let Acererak get 20 megaton bombs of his own.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Let there be no mistake, everyone. Sauros is my bitch, and remains so. He just happens to be in Toril at the moment.

ANSWER: Yes, and he is likely to remain there. He is out of play, unless Forrester allows him to return through the Torilian Border Guard.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Maudlin, did Edena approve you gaining control of most undead in the multiverse?

ANSWER: Acererak having control over all the undead in the multiverse is quite beyond the scope of this IR.
And it is irrelevent.
What is relevant to the IR is that 400 PL of undead are coming to Acererak's aid each and every Turn, from now on.

- - -

Mr. Draco

Edena, one mistake, in the claims section, you have it listed as "sword of vecna" when it should be "sword of kas"
Otherwise, great! & keep up the good work!

ANSWER: I only made one mistake in the Template? Wonder of wonders, and I mean it. It's a lot of work, that Lists Post (especially the endless addition, which I try to do in my head.)
Thanks for the compliment, too, Mr. Draco.

- - -

The Forsaken One

mm Guessing Edena's asleep now or doing some relaxing. Cause I went over it again and I should be 150 PL up. Against the 800.
Double 314 = 628 + the civ advance PL (150 PL or something like that if it isn't even more).
That's cause you specifically stated EVERYTHING doubles in your mail reply.

ANSWER: I have kept my promise. Trust me on that. You are not quite up to 800, but you're close.

- - -

Forrester

Double trouble

What all this I've been reading about doubling of PLs, anyway?

ANSWER: Forsaken One has been on a lengthy, secret project, Forrester (one involving a LOT of e-mails, a lot of time and planning, a lot of work.)
It has cumulated in his PL doubling.
He is the only Power that this happened to (other than the Union, which doubled for it's massive 360 point investment in Advancing Your Civilization.)

At first I thought it was somehow the effect of a broken amount of industrialization, but now I'm wondering whether something else is going on . . . ??

ANSWER: I'm modifying the Advancing Your Civilization rule, and adding to it considerably. See below.

- - -

dagger

After looking at that list.........sheesh I thought I was doing good being able to spend 100 points last turn.
Oh well, ive had fun so far being in a war every turn except last turn. Im still here even though Im a little guy.
Is my year right for my power?

ANSWER: Dagger, you had no fun in Turn 6? I am sorry. Nuts. :(

I'll check the date on your Power.

- - -

Anabstercorian

If you need to tell me anything secret-secret, send it in the color black as a semi-private message. Looks like it's all I can do.

ANSWER: This will not be necessary on Turn 6, this black letter posting.
I will allow you all a limited number of e-mails to me, so that you can e-mail me secret plans.
Besides, a determined person can read the black lettering anyways.

Edena, I have several goals for the next Turn.
First. I will Enthrall one of Kaboom's NPC's in order to get me that anti-bat plague. I will promptly alter his memory and send him back, causing as little fuss as possible. I don't want to waste a Dictum (And PL) on this if I don't have to.

ANSWER: State this again during Turn 6, and I will rule on it.

Second. Edena, I am creating a new combat tactic. I will be taking my Neothelid and casting Empowered, Persistent Enlarge spells on them before each battle. Their massive, imposing forms, shielded with Bloodsteel, should be terrifying enough to give me a morale advantage on the field.

ANSWER: This may affect your rating in the Monster Arms Race, starting Turn 6.

Third. Edena, a few turns ago I began research on a spell that would revert Bloodsteel to Red Goo. Have I completed my research on that yet? I believe that would give me a RESOUNDING advantage over the rest of Oerth.

ANSWER: You need 10th level magic to accomplish that, and the result would indeed be that Red Steel turned back to Red Goo.
Such a spell would have the same area of effect as a spell that banished both Red Goo and Red Steel.

Fourth. The Ana Keri are still in alliance with us. I am sending emissaries (NOT ANABSTERCORIAN) to apologize for the whole debacle with the Eternal Empire. We will attempt to set up an arrangement for their food shipments - A teleportation circle leading to a dry spot in one of our undersea allies caverns.

ANSWER: AnaKeris remains friendly to everyone. They are TERRIFIED. Their Seers are predicting a world-wide catastrophe on Turn 6.

Fifth. I want to immediately begin research on how to destroy all of the other Artifacts that the other powers hold. Knocking off 100 PL from my enemies looks like it'll be worth a bit of a hassle.

ANSWER: It's not hard to destroy an artifact. Mordenkainen's Disjunction has a 1% chance per level of doing it, and look at your level.

The problem is not the destroying of the artifact at all.
The problem are the subsequent CONSEQUENCES of destroying said artifact, which are - at the absolute minimum - enormous.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Anabstecorian, have you seen my email? I offered you 10th level magic help with you-know-what.

ANSWER: You can help Anabstercorian with your 10th level magic, but remember that you cannot share 10th level magic with him.
He must learn it himself.

- - -

William Ronald

(Also, recall what I asked about the place described by Mentzner. Does it exist in this IR?)

ANSWER: (weary sigh) Yes, it does exist. And I've been occupied, and haven't looked it up, and haven't added it to the IR.
I wish to do so. I need URLs for it again.

In the lists posts, two of my NPCs are listed as ghosts. You said Alzem could change them into celestials. I indicated that I would do so.

ANSWER: I fixed that.

Also, I think my PLs are somewhat higher than calculated. You know the reason.

ANSWER: I do? I believe your PL is accurate! I need an e-mail from you explaining the problem.

I forgot about the change in the limits for advancing your civilization. Can you post the rules to the next turn.

ANSWER: In this Interlude, I am going to post a complete set of rules for Advancing Your Civilization.

Also, thanks for putting up with all of us.

ANSWER: np

When does the next turn begin?

ANSWER: I wish to start on Saturday, at 1 my time.

How are the AnaKeri and the Eternal Empire forces responding to my overtures? I am willing to share the power with Black Omega.

ANSWER: See above

- - -

Spoof

(article deleted)

Most of these questions, Spoof, you need to wait until after Turn 6 starts for an answer to.

Also can 10th level magic cause the red Goo to revert back to its goo form from solid, possible in a horrible explosion of force?

ANSWER: Yes, but you will be caught in the explosion also, no matter how far away from it you are, and no matter what you try to do to protect yourself.
You don't want to try that. Really. Trust me when I say you will suffer as much as your opponent.

how most of the population of Oreth disappeared last turn. Hey where did they go, I am still attempting to learn this, as well as the status of the Red Death that is approaching.

ANSWER: Nobody except you and Forrester know IC that the Red Death even exists, much less what it can do.
You don't know what it can do - ask Forrester! And, no, it cannot be talked to.
As for when it will arrive, that is also something only one person in the IR knows IC.

As for the people of Oerth, they have gone into the Secret Retreats (if they are sane, they did - considering the Shade have nuclear weapons and teleportation circles!!!)

I am going to begin research on creating a plague of life. After all there are so many diseases that affect the living there must be some that affect only the dead, and release them from their suffering.

ANSWER: That CAN be done. A Life Plague is possible. You are researching such a plague now (this is secret, folks - only Alzem knows IC about this.)

- - -

Spoof

Oh Crap!

Um, is anybody else worried that the Red Goo has a Rating in the Magical Arms Race of over 6????? This just seems like a really BAD thing to me

ANSWER: That IS a really bad thing. But how bad ... is yet to be seen.
By the way, that number is going to go up.
I see some 5s on the Red Goo rating chart. Those 5s remain, unless someone tells me to take them down.

- - -

creamsteak

To Edena:

I am still curious as to what happened when I invaded the Solistrim. I believe you stated that I found interesting cities and other "Junk" stuff... but do I gain the 4 PL per turn from being the closest force to the Godspires?

ANSWER: You have not been paying attention. Forsaken One and Tokiwong both have sent forces to the Godspires.
Not only do you not find anything of use there, but you DO find THEM.
And they, have informed you that (at least Forsaken One has) you are to leave immediately.

Secondly, me and Sollir have been discussing becoming a united nation to make things a little easier on us, and in turn, a little easier for you. We would like to have a similar shared power system to MR_Draco and Serpenteyes...

ANSWER: I will combine your Power, then.
It will require a very considerable modification to the Lists, and take a day. I will do it.
I understand why you are doing this - If MY Power was sitting next to the Union of Oerth (PL 1,700 or thereabouts) I'd combined strengths too!

Rhialto

First Post
I know of the risks, Edena, and I accept them.

In fact

We will be dousing the Red Goo with magic in an attempt to make it sentient. This will creat a powerful, nearly unstoppable warrior of DOOM!

(Yes, it's a crazy plan, but really, what do you expect from a bunch of suicidal entropy worshippers...?)

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Rhialto

Is that the color you mean?

Here's how i did that:

(color=blue) Rhialto (/color)

Now, just replace the '(' with '[' and the ')' with ']'

dagger

Adventurer
Edena

You took that sentence the wrong way, I really DID have fun being in a war the whole time. Better than sitting on the sidelines and just talking smack. :) I AM having fun!

Remove ads