• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 5)

Edena.

If you have the time, I need the answers to my template and if certain things succeded or will I know during the turn itself what it's effects are of the things I'm doing?

I'd like to know.... well I need to know certain things so I can plan some more stuff.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ok, I'm briefly online, and have some comments:

I posted the stats for the Hand of Vecna as an example of an evil artifact.
I did not realize a massive brawl was going to start over the Hand of Vecna!

Ruling: Vecna's body is gone. No Hands of Vecna, no Eyes of Vecna (certainly no 33 Hands of Vecna), no nothing.

He's gone, he's history, he's out of the IR, and all his body parts with him! (That's right, folks, you cannot claim the Kidneys of Vecna, Prostate of Vecna, Thighbone of Vecna, Privates of Vecna, or any other part of Vecna. He's toast.)

- - -

Ok, now ... while you all were arguing about Vecna and his various body parts, you completely missed Anabstercorian's post.
Have a look at it again, please.

He just stated - The Army of Darkness is now PROTECTED TOTALLY from a nuclear attack!
And Anabstercorian, when he says that, usually can back up what he says.

If Anabstercorian is telling the truth, then you have a 4,000 PL problem about to come down your throats.

Incidentally, this 4,000 PL problem is not currently in Greyspace, but rather in the Phlogiston outside Greyspace, preparing to come in.
They are not in spelljammers.
They are in Rockjammers.
Giant mountains, miles wide.
5,000 such mountains, each holding hundreds of thousands of illithid and drow, and hundreds of thousands of slaves.

They're coming, they have a real attitude problem, and they intend to turn you all into assorted tokens to decorate their bodies, cities, and mountains with.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Forsaken One, because Anabstercorian is leading the Army of Darkness, the Solistarim are effectively neutral.
That is to say, the Army of Darkness will not attack them, and the Solistarim are terrified of the Army of Darkness and will not attack it.

Therefore, for the sake of simplicity, I allowed Anabstercorian to retain control of the Solistarim.

They continue to follow Anabstercorian with the attitude of:

You are our leader, have been our leader ... PLEASE protect us from this massive armada that's coming to kill everyone ... send them to kill everyone else first!
And hopefully, everyone else will kill them, so we won't be touched.

ok tnx :) If you would reply to all the stuff in my template/secret mail I'd be ready for turn 6 :)

That means tell me now that I know the results or tell me that I will learn the results by trying during turn 6 :)
I can't stand open topics and vague stuff :)

And Edena, when are you online today/tomorrow I'd like to discuss via email/chat something with you. It came to mind today and it's a nice idea and I need to know if such a thing is possible since it would make my PC a mortal with god power if it succeeded and it's... VERY simple how it's done. No big adventures just 1 simple move (I need 10th for it) and the :):):):) will hit the fan.

No weird clones of stuff just 1 Formians Queen with a power quite unimaginable :)

Gurdjieff

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Ok, I'm briefly online, and have some comments:

I posted the stats for the Hand of Vecna as an example of an evil artifact.
I did not realize a massive brawl was going to start over the Hand of Vecna!

Ruling: Vecna's body is gone. No Hands of Vecna, no Eyes of Vecna (certainly no 33 Hands of Vecna), no nothing.

He's gone, he's history, he's out of the IR, and all his body parts with him! (That's right, folks, you cannot claim the Kidneys of Vecna, Prostate of Vecna, Thighbone of Vecna, Privates of Vecna, or any other part of Vecna. He's toast.)

- - -

Ok, now ... while you all were arguing about Vecna and his various body parts, you completely missed Anabstercorian's post.
Have a look at it again, please.

He just stated - The Army of Darkness is now PROTECTED TOTALLY from a nuclear attack!
And Anabstercorian, when he says that, usually can back up what he says.

If Anabstercorian is telling the truth, then you have a 4,000 PL problem about to come down your throats.

Incidentally, this 4,000 PL problem is not currently in Greyspace, but rather in the Phlogiston outside Greyspace, preparing to come in.
They are not in spelljammers.
They are in Rockjammers.
Giant mountains, miles wide.
5,000 such mountains, each holding hundreds of thousands of illithid and drow, and hundreds of thousands of slaves.

They're coming, they have a real attitude problem, and they intend to turn you all into assorted tokens to decorate their bodies, cities, and mountains with.

Anyone with a VERY LARGE AND EFFECTIVE stone to mud spell?

IC:

Angelika is quite pleased with what she reached with the meeting.

"I will return to my people now, as they need my guidance. I am pleased that the Alliance is looking strong. Keep faith, my allies."

With these words she leaves the gathering, returning to her secret hideout, planning her new actions.

zouron

First Post
hmm I have a few comments to anab's protection which is worth remembering.

the blast itself cannot be shielded by magic, and certainly not 10th level magic, he can and said protect against people teleporting in (unless he has 10th level magic I don't think he can block that at all).

also we should remember that while a solid rock is nearly impossible to more then grace with a nuclear blast, rock mountains are not solid rocks they are hollow and can colapse, besides this attempt to protect irl is used, and I think it was a 10mega ton blast would go righ through it.

Nuclear bombs are not useless, so I doubt we have to worry.

Another tactic would be... hehe set fire to the fleet while in the Phlogiston (which happened to be highly flamable so it might soften up those neat little rocks).

rock spelljamming mountains are dependen on large forges in continual work (draining creativity or some such) if I remember my spell jammer correct, if anyone get inside target this area and they will be dead in the air ehh space...

also being slow... out maneuvar them with smaller faster ships with high damaging weapons, not lots of small one one large is better.

I think I said mine about spelljamming mountains for this time :)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(grim frown, look of anger)

I was the Moderator of the IR.
As Moderator, my job was to attempt to provide fun for you.
As a part of my job, it was my job to see what you were doing, and make rulings concerning it.
I was entitled to know all you did, as a DM in a regular game would be entitled to.

And, for your information, I always enjoyed the plotting, the intrigue, the planning.
One thing I did not do was metagame against you.

However, you saw fit to create a Lurker's Forum.
You shut me out of this Forum.
In the 2 months since the IR began, not one of you has offered the URL of the Forum to me, nor the password.
Indeed, over a month passed in the IR before I even learned the Forum existed.

You have treated me as if I were going to use the information against you; to cheat, in effect.
You have not given me credit for being fair and impartial.

I cannot even place the threads in the Lurker's Forum into the historical collection of IR threads I have, because I have not been allowed in - HAD I been allowed in, that would have been the primary thing I would have done, and nothing else.

Why did you feel you needed to keep secrets from the Moderator?
Did you think I could do my job, when I did not have access to all the information?
Did you ever consider that my feelings might be injured, that I was shut out of a part of my own IR?

The implication is that, if I knew what you were plotting, I would metagame and use it against you.
The implication is that I would cheat.
I have not cheated since this IR began - I have kept to strict standards regarding my own behavior.

Now, I request an explanation for this, from those of you who have withheld the Lurker's Forum from me.

(For those of you who have not participated in this withholding of information from me, this letter is not directed at you.)

Incidentally, I was the Moderator.

Now, I am the DM of the IR.

Last edited:

Remove ads