• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 5)

William Ronald

Explorer
An open letter to Edena

Edena,

I am dreadfully sorry if I have offended you. I have always been one of the staunchest supporters of the IR.

It was wrong for the Oerth Alliance not to invite you into the Lurker's Forum. I have discussed some of the concerns people had in private, and I will not repeat them here.

I would like to continue the IR as I am still having fun. I have become very frustrated that people are not posting here like they should. I have e-mailed people to be active. At times, I feel like I have been tring to fight a battle with my hands tied behind my back. I have wondered where people have been. I have pleaded with people to be active.

Edena, I understand your anger. I would like to continue the IR. However, I will respect your final decision.

I know you have worked long hours on the IR. I have tried my damnedst to try to keep my allies strong and posting.

Again, I apologize if you have been offended by myself or any Oerth Alliance members. We gave John Brown acccess after he left, in case there was anything he wanted to say to us. I miss him.

I miss Valkys. I miss Kesh. I miss Frigid Spleen. I miss Bonedagger. I will miss the IR if it ends here, but I will understand and respect your wishes.

I feel like I have been working hard to try to make this IR fun for myself and everyone else. No one has worked harder than you. You have my respect and my admiration. No one has ever tried anything like this.

I hope that the IR will continue. I hope you are not angry at me. If so, I ask your forgiveness.

Peace.

William Ronald

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Thank you

If this is indeed the end, I would like to thank everyone who participated in this IR.

It has been fun. I just want you to know that I would gladly give any of you a seat at my gaming table. Also, I think that regardless of whether this is the end, we should publicly thank Edena for his hard work. He has poured his heart, his mind, and his soul into this IR. I will never forgot it or him.

Edena surprised me and honored me by delaying Turn 6 while I mourned the loss of my aunt. I am honored to be part of such a supportive online community. Your support made a rough time a little easier.

If this is the end, I wish everyone who has posted here beginning with Edena the best. Now and always.

kaboom

First Post
It would be a shame if the IR was finished.
I say this for one reason only.
YOU have put two much into the IR for it to be an anticlimactic ending.

William,
I admit that I have not been posting as much as I should. I hope that you will forgive me.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
That's not good enough.

The apology of one person out of 16 is not good enough.

And I want the reasons. I want the reasons why I was excluded.

Last edited:

zouron

First Post
yes thank you

As william said, if this is the end I would like to thank all for the time and fun given, though I wasn't part of this for very long this time around I had fun. Made some plans slowly started getting on footing with different groups here, and yes edena truly poured heart, soul and sanity into this very fun game.

Generally thank you edena for a good time, you truly brought this to be a memory I will keep for a long time.

thanks all for playing and not scrowl at me when I went into the mindless comments from Zouron the Dark. I had fun and seems most here did too. I especially enjoyed Anab's games and work, very admirable.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Jeez, guys!

It was pretty bloody rude of you to have so little trust in Edena - You should have known damn well that he wouldn't have metagamed or any such nonsense using the lurkers forum. And having the gall to INSULT him, the guy who is working his bleeding arse off for us...!! I am truly appalled.

Dammit, I think each and every one of you should apologize profusely, as William Ronald did! William, you did the right thing in apologizing, but you should have allowed Edena in sooner.

That said, I can kind of understand your desire for utter secrecy - With ME around, knowledge is power, and secrecy is vital.

I don't understand why Valkys quit - If things were getting dull to him, he should raise some ruckus! That's what I do. Or obliterate an army, one of those.

Edena, I urge, nay, beg, nay, beseech you to continue the IR! I, you, and many others, have poured our heart and soul in to this, trying to have a good time. I don't know about the rest of them - I'm pretty sure they're all having a blast. But I for one would be truly bummed if the IR ended here.

kaboom

First Post
I apologize.

I had always thought that you could come into the lurkers forum if you wanted to, but with the massive amount of work you had to do, you simply didn't want to use the extra time to look at our scemes.

zouron

First Post
I know I am why do you think I was so darn keen on getting a hold of your darn PC hehe. I would have given the shades most of my darn nuclear arsenal to get you hehe.

Last edited:

Remove ads