• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 1)

Zelda Themelin

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:

Well, I must admit I might be a bit overconfident, and this overconfidence only increased after Melkor merged with Red Goo.. but I have unquestionable faith, faith in MYSELF, I cannot admit possiblity of failure, I am a GOD, greatest of all.

Now, this is cool my me, really. Hahaa, maybe now Edena gets enough inspiration to invent what dark powers actually are.

I never appreciated the fact, it was kept mystery. Well, maybe at the time. But not if Melkor wants to start wrestling match, oh, no, I want hear every decicious detail. :D

Yep, and I freely admit it is entiry possible Melkor might be able to get away with it. This is universe of possiblities, after all. Well, pretty near swinging on the edge of destruction currenly, but oh, there still are possiblites, a lot of them.

Now, how do you think Melkor's dark realm would look like?

((In desparate need of sleep...))

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz contemplates the Right Path and opens his eyes... flaring with glowing power... his salient senses hearing everything within miles... of his postion... "I know the way... the Eternal Empire is first step to destiny..."

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Church of Mercy

The Church of Mercy grew directly from Ian Payne himself, and has been strongly supported by his daughter, who has been the Prime Minister of the United Commonwealth of Toril for the last 40 years, and who remains highly popular.
Ian Payne died in peace, and after his death a great miracle occurred in his final resting place.
A memorial to him was turned into a church, and Ian Payne became a saint-like figure to many people (considering how many people's lives he saved, and how many people he helped, that is not a wonder.)

The Church of Mercy now follows the principals that Ian Payne established in life.

A careful, prudent, intelligent approach to problems is considered the best answer to any situation.
Diplomacy, carefully chosen words, and caution are stressed as the answer to dangerous situations.

Above all, mercy, compassion, and understanding are stressed - the world is portrayed as a hard place that drives people to desperation and darkness, and the Church exists to ease the hard reality, and make life better for people.

A clergyman of this Church who allows himself to become filled with anger and hatred will not be expelled; he will be asked to voluntarily sequester himself in the Church, and think upon all of his emotions, and contemplate the consequences of his behavior.
A clergyman of this Church who injures someone in anger and hatred will not be expelled - he will be forcefully imprisoned in the Church, and required to contemplate (for a long time) his deeds, the harm he has done, and he will not be released until he has repented.
The Church will also reimburse any damage done by said cleric, immediately, 10 times over.

Because of it's strict policy of governing it's own, the United Commonwealth allows this Church to govern it's clergy by it's own laws, and does not enforce the laws of the UC on it - that is to say, when you are on church property, you are under church law.
The Church of Mercy, however, works closely with the government of the UC, which it has much in common with.

As stated earlier, it is my desire to claim the Church of Mercy

Zelda Themelin

First Post
“Wishing on a dream that seems far off,
Hoping it will come today.

Into the starlit night,
Foolish dreamers turn their gaze,
Waiting on a shooting star.

But, what if that star is not to come?
Will their dreams fade to nothing?
When the horizon darkens most,
We all need to believe there is hope."

Nighty Night, people.

Serpenteye

First Post
Hmm. The Church of Mercy seems to have a lot in common with the church of the God-Emperor. Maybe they could be merged. ;)

____
A careful, prudent, intelligent approach to problems is considered the best answer to any situation.
Diplomacy, carefully chosen words, and caution are stressed as the answer to dangerous situations.
____

This is identical to the dogma of the God Emperor.

Tokiwong

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Serpenteye, I think you and Draco deserve to control Mina and her forces- you were close allies and both represent very lawful evil.

OOC: They may deservbe it.. but they already have 11th level magic... and so that wouldn't be fair I wager... not that I promote fairness... still want that Eternal Empire of Toril...

Serpenteye

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Serpenteye, I think you and Draco deserve to control Mina and her forces- you were close allies and both represent very lawful evil.

Thanks, so do I. It was the God Emperor who brought Mina to Oerth in the first place, and when I did that I assumed the Union of Oerth would gain control over her and her armies.
But I suppose that since we researched 11th level magics (unaided by "fate") during turn 6 we won't get Mina and her forces. We have other plans, though. Other paths to greatness. :)

--
Edena
All the plans Mr Draco and I e-mailed to you for turn 6 are (when applicable) enhanced by 11th level magics. This includes the flesh-and-energy-golem-project and the gathering of the raw materials for it.

Remove ads