(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 1)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
ANSWERS, COMMENTS, AND RULINGS

I am reposting this below.
And yes, Serpenteye and Draco DO count as two separate Powers, who can launch TWO Attacks and TWO Defenses.
I want you to be afraid of the Union of Oerth.
You should be afraid of the Union of Oerth.
The Union of Oerth have been very carefully, steathily, and ruthlessly building their Power for the last 6 Turns.
This is the payoff for that effort.

Edena

DEALING WITH 11TH LEVEL TROUBLEMAKERS, THE FUN AND EASY WAY
- - -

THE USUAL QUESTIONS

It all starts with the usual questions, but the answers ... ah, there is where the
difference is!

What can you do with 11th level magic quickly?

You can launch a Stage 1 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 1 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic in a few minutes?

You can launch a Stage 2 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 2 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic in an hour?

You can launch a Stage 3 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 3 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic in a day?

You can launch a Stage 4 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 4 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic in a week?

You can launch a Stage 5 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 5 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic using all of Turn 7 to do it?

You can launch a Stage 6 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 6 Defense (see below)

PUTTING THE OTHER POWER IN THE GARBAGE

You all know the trouble is that each Power has several thousand mages who can cast
11th level magic, and several thousand clerics who can cast 11th level magic.

Right?

Get rid of those mages and clerics, and PRESTO: no more problems with 11th level
magic from that Power.
That includes that Power's NPCs.

It does not include that Power's PC, but that PC cannot rebuild his army of lost mages
and clerics - he is a lone 11th level caster against your thousands of 11th level casters.

Guess what happens to him next? (chuckle)

Now, all you need to do is to have your thousands of mages and clerics, launch a
single attack - combining all their power - against the enemy mages and clerics, to get
rid of them.
The longer you take to launch this attack, the more powerful it is - thus the Stages
above.

Each Stage simply means the Attack is more powerful.

DISPOSING OF THE GARBAGE

If your attack succeeds, you can dispose of the enemy mages and clerics in the
garbage, as follows:

You can send them to Ravenloft. They won't be returning to bother anyone, ever
again.
You can send them to the 9th Plane of Hell. Nothing can return (DM's ruling) from
there.
You can send them to the Seventh Heaven. Nothing returns from there either.
You can teleport them all into one of those giant Spheres of Annihilation that is lying
around. They won't be returning from that.
Or, you can declare it a simple, straight, 11th level kill.
The body will live (because of the Mists) but the soul is destroyed, so the enemy
mages and clerics becoming babbling idiots, or mindless automatons, or go into
permanent catatonia, incapable of ever casting magic again, or doing much of
anything else either.

Anyway you put it, it comes up Enemy Neutralized. No more 11th level nonsense out of
him!

(His Power retains 10th level magic, and still exists ... until you use your 11th level
magic to blow his Power to smithereens, capture his PC, and subject his PC to all your
built up displeasure at his doings.)

Now, as I said, the longer you build up the power, the greater the attack, as
represented by the Categories given above.

If an ally helps you in the attack, his Categories stack with yours.

If you are being attacked - if someone and their allies are trying to put YOU in the
garbage can - you can defend yourself.

The longer you build up your defense, the greater the defensive power - thus, the
Category system once more.

Again, a higher Category simply means your defense is stronger.

If allies come and help you, their Categories stack with yours.

EXAMPLE:

So, if Kalanyr waits an hour, building his power up, he would throw a Category 3 attack.

If Alzem, who had taken only a few minutes to build an attack, joined him, the
combined Attack Category would increase to 5.
If Forrester, who built up for an entire Turn, then joined them, the combined Category
would jump to 11.

Mr. Draco and Serpenteye, although they are playing one power, may combine their
Categories - they are counted as two separate Powers for this purpose.
So, let us say both of them are the ones under attack by Kalanyr, above.
Both have spent a whole day preparing, so they each have a Category 4 defense.
The 2 Categories stack, so they have a Category 8 defense.

Thus, it becomes a Category 11 Attack versus a Category 8 Defense.

What will happen? See below! The charts show what might happen!

MISCELLANEOUS

I will be running Turn 7 in terms of DAYS passed - I will announce day 1, then day 2,
etc.

It is appreciated that the IR is a worldwide affair, and it takes people time to post.

Therefore, if someone posts they are making an attack, the defender has 24 hours
IRL to post he is defending himself, and his allies also have 24 hours to post they are
helping.
If someone posts they are making an attack, people have 24 hours to post they are
helping the attack, also.
At the end of that 24 hour period, I will resolve the attack.

THE CHARTS

And just what is the resolution?
Well, it is summarized below:

(Mind you, I the DM always make the percentile rolls below!)

- - -

Attack Category / Defense Category
Effect on Defender

- - -

1 / 0

10% chance 100% destroyed
20% chance 50% destroyed
30% chance 25% destroyed
40% chance 12% destroyed
50% chance 6% destroyed
60% chance 3% destroyed
70% chance 1% destroyed

2 / 0

20% chance 100% destroyed
30% chance 50% destroyed
40% chance 25% destroyed
50% chance 12% destroyed
60% chance 6% destroyed
70% chance 3% destroyed
80% chance 1% destroyed

3 / 0

30% chance 100% destroyed
40% chance 50% destroyed
50% chance 25% destroyed
60% chance 12% destroyed
70% chance 6% destroyed
80% chance 3% destroyed
90% chance 1% destroyed

4 / 0

40% chance 100% destroyed
50% chance 50% destroyed
60% chance 25% destroyed
70% chance 12% destroyed
80% chance 6% destroyed
90% chance 3% destroyed
99% chance 1% destroyed

5 / 0

50% chance 100% destroyed
60% chance 50% destroyed
70% chance 25% destroyed
80% chance 12% destroyed
90% chance 6% destroyed
99% chance 3% destroyed

6 / 0

60% chance 100% destroyed
70% chance 50% destroyed
80% chance 25% destroyed
90% chance 12% destroyed
99% chance 6% destroyed

7 / 0

70% chance 100% destroyed
80% chance 50% destroyed
90% chance 25% destroyed
99% chance 12% destroyed

8 / 0

80% chance 100% destroyed
90% chance 50% destroyed
99% chance 25% destroyed

9 / 0

90% chance 100% destroyed
99% chance 50% destroyed

10 / 0

95% chance 100% destroyed
Otherwise, 50% destroyed

11 / 0

98% chance 100% destroyed
Otherwise, 50% destroyed

12 / 0

99% chance 100% destroyed
Otherwise, 50% destroyed

13 / 0 and above

99% chance 100% destroyed
Otherwise, 50% destroyed

Every Category of Defense reduces this by 1.

So, in the example above, Kalanyr has a total Attack Category of 11.
Mr. Draco and Serpenteye have a total Defense Category of 8.

That is the equivalent of a 3 / 0 on the above scale.

So, Mr. Draco and Serpenteye have a 30% chance of their entire army of 11th level
casters, mage and cleric, being put in the garbage.
A 40% chance that half of them are put in the garbage.
A 50% chance that a quarter of them join the garbage heap.
And so on.

If the Defense Category is stronger than the Attack Category, the following chart
applies:

0 / 0

5% chance 100% destroyed
10% chance 50% destroyed
15% chance 25% destroyed
20% chance 12% destroyed
25% chance 6% destroyed
30% chance 3% destroyed
35% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 1

2% chance 100% destroyed
5% chance 50% destroyed
7% chance 25% destroyed
10% chance 12% destroyed
12% chance 6% destroyed
15% chance 3% destroyed
17% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 2

1% chance 100% destroyed
2% chance 50% destroyed
3% chance 25% destroyed
5% chance 12% destroyed
6% chance 6% destroyed
7% chance 3% destroyed
8% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 3

0% chance 100% destroyed
1% chance 50% destroyed
1% chance 25% destroyed
2% chance 12% destroyed
3% chance 6% destroyed
3% chance 3% destroyed
4% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 4

0% chance 100% destroyed
0% chance 50% destroyed
0% chance 25% destroyed
1% chance 12% destroyed
1% chance 6% destroyed
1% chance 3% destroyed
2% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 5

0% chance 100% destroyed
0% chance 50% destroyed
0% chance 25% destroyed
0% chance 12% destroyed
0% chance 6% destroyed
0% chance 3% destroyed
1% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 6

0% chance 100% destroyed
0% chance 50% destroyed
0% chance 25% destroyed
0% chance 12% destroyed
0% chance 6% destroyed
0% chance 3% destroyed
0% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 7 and beyond

0% chance 100% destroyed
0% chance 50% destroyed
0% chance 25% destroyed
0% chance 12% destroyed
0% chance 6% destroyed
0% chance 3% destroyed
0% chance 1% destroyed

Therefore, it is up to each power to decide how long it will build up it's Attack and
Defense, who will pump up the Attack, and who will bolster the Defense.

THE CLINCHER!

You only get ONE Attack and ONE Defense at a time. One Attack, and One Defense,
simultaneously.

Thus, you can only attack ONE Power at a time.
You can never attack two or more Powers simultaneously.

You may Attack (your one allowed Attack), and you may Defend yourself (your one
allowed Defense), at the same time.

However ...

If you state you are Defending another Power, you cannot Defend yourself!!!

Nor can you Defend more than one other Power from an attack.

(Mr. Draco and Serpenteye count as one Power, for the purpose of defending them.)

Last edited by Edena_of_Neith on 04-09-2002 at 10:03 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
04-09-2002 06:08 AM

- - -

Kalanyr

(rest of article deleted)

ANSWER: I am still working on answering these questions, and making rulings on 11th level magic. It will take a while.
However, I want EVERYONE to know something: I will be running Turn 7 by days, not by months. I will announce the start of each day.

IF YOU DECLARE YOUR 11TH LEVEL ARMY IS LAUNCHING A CATEGORY 4 (OR GREATER) ATTACK OR CATEGORY 4 (OR GREATER) DEFENSE, IT TAKES UP THE ENTIRE DAY.
YOU CANNOT DO ... ANYTHING ... ELSE WITH 11TH LEVEL MAGIC DURING THAT DAY!!!

YOUR ARMY IS SPENDING THE ENTIRE DAY PREPARING FOR THE 11TH LEVEL ATTACK AND/OR DEFENSE, AND IT CANNOT DO ANYTHING ELSE WHILE IT IS DOING THAT!!!

- - -

The Forsaken One

I got a few things I wanna ask, but about the time they need I don't know and frankly I don't care, they need your ruling and if they are possible I'll think of a casting time apropriate.

Can I:

Use my 11th in combination with my Artifact to use the full 100% of my PL to empower my PC thoughout my variant of Metafaculty?

ANSWER: Yes. Vaeregoth can thus employ your entire Power's PL, all at once. No limit to the PL possible for your PC.

If so, when I tap my 5000PL, will it leave my army helpless or will they just be able to fight but don't use psionics anymore?

ANSWER: They will be helpless.

I want to know what I can do with the rest if I tap the full 100% of my power for my PC for something incredible.
Will they be helpless?

ANSWER Yes

Can they fight?

ANSWER: No

Can they still do stuff but no psionics anymore but still magic?

ANSWER: They can do nothing.

Can I extend the duration of my Greyspace wide lucid dreaming with 11th?

ANSWER: No. Your ability to change reality in 5 ways is unique - a one time thing. Do not confuse it with your ability to throw 11th level magic.

Can I create my 11th version of a mythal that would turn a LARGE area under the permanent effect that it merged with the dreamplane and so I'd be able to lucid dream and remake everything in that "mythal" as much and often as I want. As my Oerthwide things but then just for a restricted area but permanent.

ANSWER: Yes. An area the size of Bissel could be permanently altered, so that the 5 changes in reality were forever the new reality there.
Something like this happened to Silvanesti, for those of you who remember the old Dragonlance books.

Can I complete my Larvae project with 11th? (the hatch everything thing)

ANSWER: Yes. It will take the whole of Turn 7.

Can I start on my genetic engeneering project with 11th? The one I'm busy on for turns now

ANSWER: Yes.

Can I cancel magic in a area for the full 100%? So yes what can be done to counter it or prevent it.

ANSWER: You can try to cancel magic over an area. I have yet to rule on this subject.

Can I greatly alter the climate and geography in certain areas? Fast and permanent?

ANSWER: Read my rulings on 11th level magic. First post on this thread.

Can I create gates with 11th that are permanent to for example machanus to VASTLY increase the amount of summons I bring it.

Can I make red goo go away in LARGE numbers and quantaties?

Can I enhance my already formidable hatching process, i f so to which level/degree?

ANSWER: Yes. Enough to increase your PL significantly.

Can I create a huge protection force around the deeper regions of the plane to make it withstand the largest of quakes, nuclear and antimatter hits?

ANSWER: Yes. I have yet to make a detailed ruling on this.

Can I create with this same forcefield the effect that prevents this world from blowing or cracking up. Say if someone blasted the core that it would hold, or if someone crashed the moon into the plane that it would crack up, at least not the place I'm int but that it remains intact?
Can I heal Oerths wounds with 11th?
Can I throw a mountain at someone?
Can I create a anti scrying and teleportation field against 11th?
Can I create a area in which Magic doesn't work at all?

ANSWER: I will rule on all these questions, and post them in the growing list of what you can do with 11th level magic. First post on this thread.

- - -

Kalanyr

Iuz and his concubines :

If you can't guess this one from the way my PC acts about most things, you've been skipping even more of my posts than I thought Edena.
Kalanyr would do everything in his power to free them, (short of killing or injurying somebody) of any sort of control that compels them to do anything they do not wish to.He would see that they get the best treatment possible, food , company etc.
Melkor Regarding Wife,Children Concubines:
" I hope to have a wife soon* depends on how Siobhan responds, I am little rush in this respect."
Soon* = Soon in outsider terms, ie sometime before the Multiverse Ends.Preferably within a Millenia or too
Here Kalanyr's face takes on a sad and pained look
"I have children but I doubt kidnapping them will do you any good, except to wound me in spirit, since they probably already want to eat my heart. Given that they are half-fiends and fiends in the service of Lolth my guess is you'd find them with the Armada of Darkness or in Ravenloft somewhere. "
"If you are interested I can safely state my father still lives, Acererak keeps him in a jar to my best knowledge.Unless he has freed him for some purpose of his own. I believe they called him Tarnhelm"
Concubines
"Those would be none. As a demon amongst ambitious drow I'm wasn't that stupid. As I am I have no desire to enslave people to serve my physical needs. That is exactly the type of thing I aim to get rid of. "
Athas:
I would have contacted the Avangions of Athas and share all I knew with them.
Hmmm, I would also send Emissaries to the Elemental Lords of Athas and the Para-Elemental Lord of Rain since he's the only Para-Elemental Lord I can think of that doesn't want to trash Athas even more.
I also wish to contact the Ffolk and the escaped slave villages of Athas.
One thing I teach them is how to create water,food and iron with magic.

ANSWER: I do not skip posts. I may miss them, but I do not deliberately skip them.
There is nothing you can do about Melkor and Iuz's concubines, obviously - short of kicking them out of the party for their behavior.
The God Emperor treats his concubines well, and they consider it an honor to pleasure him - that is their culture. But the situation with Iuz and Melkor is grim, as slave societies typically are.
You efforts to help the people of Athas are noted. They need that help. They are under heavy attack by Melkor.

- - -

zouron

So who has 11th level amgic now? or more specific does the Eternal Union have 11th level magic (as a former Toril faction).

ANSWER: The Eternal Union has 11th level magic. So do all those Powers in the lists above on this thread.

and as far as I understand if the crystal spheres goes to ravenloft, then if they form a new pocket domains 11th level magic be retained, but if they join a pre existing domain it will vanish right? Just as technology must abid by the level of tech of the domain.
IF we head into Ravenloft, will each fation leader have their own domain or what? or do we have to fight until one of the evil dudes become single overlord and claims lordship (of the lowest degree of darklord) over the spheres?
Will you allow us to state multiple actions of red goo removal in one post if/when we go offline for several hours in a row, or do you want to post 3 or 4 times saying "I remove red goo from X"?

Finally a bit ravenloft input edena didn't mention.
Forgotten realms isn't a world called that it is acalled toril, in the same way ravenloft isn't called ravenloft.
The name Ravenloft referes to the castle of a Count Stradh Von Zarovich, whom is the first known darklord of the current "game" the Darklords or mist (in common tongue) plays.
The Demiplane that lays in the Deep Ethereal is commonly known as Domains of Dread and is greatly feared even by evil, it is to none gods what Carceri is to gods, and appearently the mist likes to torture and delude it's prisinors.
Yes you can get to Ravenloft with a teleport, you do't need that though, you just have to wish for it enough then the mist gladly brings you along, but don't count it set you off someplace safe. To the mist when you are not a Darklord it really doesn't care what you are, you are without great importance at best a pawn to annoy the darklords with (and yes the mist seems to like this more then extremely much).
There is much more or Ravenloft, but let us just say the place likes make you suffer.

ANSWER: Zouron is telling you the truth here. In fact, the reality of Ravenloft probably even darker than he is describing.
If Oerth becomes a part of Ravenloft, it becomes it's own Domain. So does Krynn. So does Toril. So does Athas. The Crystal Spheres around each become a part of each respective Domain. As for who is the Darklord ... I think a lot of evil Powers are trying for that spot right now, while the Spheres are still in the Prime Material Plane.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Edena According to you I lost 8 PL in NPC's....? How when and or why? Since I never had any combat since turn 3 anymore except with my PC? Curious...

ANSWER: You are going to have 11th level magic, be able to summon 100,000 PL in help, and you are worried about 8 PL in NPCs?

And Edena, I controlled Valkys his forces for 2 turns... and we had him in my Hive Cluster for 2 turns... That would mean fairly good relations with eachother I'd say.... So at least for me it would be more logical to let me add them to myself or play them.....

ANSWER: You already have 11th level magic. Only those without 11th level magic may make claims to the 8 Powers.
Someone stated I would allocate the Powers - I am waiting for people to CLAIM them, before I arbitrate the claims.

- - -

Kalanyr

Dear Dumb Dragon King Tyrants

Go and convince some Avangions and Rajaat, himself, to serve you, they are more likely to than I am.

Kalanyr
Strange looking elf with wings

ANSWER: Said dumb dragon king tyrants are busy allying with Tokiwong, who has just claimed the Eternal Empire.
Hmmm ... he will have the strength of the dragon-kings, all that remains of the Empire of Iuz, and the full might of the Eternal Empire, and he will have 11th level magic.
Maybe they aren't so dumb after all ...

- - -

Tokiwong

Iuz looks to the members of the Veiled Alliance and then to the message sent from the Dragon Kings.... "These beings are truly foolish... why Borys of Eve was even protecting them is beyond me..." he turns to the assembled members of the Veiled Alliance, "There was a time..."
One of them a lithe human woman speaks up, "That you would have accepted..."
Iuz looked up, "But it is not to be... I will not betray a world that despises me.. for it is my world... and to do so will only warrant more war... for now... my allies... we shall leave this place... and enjoy the freedom to train the arcane arts in the open... you shall all be esteemed members of the Veiled Alliance no more... but the Council of Arcana... you will have the freedom to pursue the art you all have a passion and gift for..."
The woman nods, as Iuz continues, "The cycle of madness nearly overtook me a third time... come... we have much to do and learn..." Iuz leads the members of the Veiled Alliance to his secret Retreat...

The Veiled Alliance?
It was the Dragon-Kings that offered you alliance, Tokiwong, not the Veiled Alliance.

The Veiled Alliance accepts your offer, but they state they do NOT wish to become involved in the war on Oerth.
All they want is understanding and knowledge to protect Athas with, from the onslaught of the Shade and other dangers.
They will come, but they will not fight.

-Message to Hazen and all of Oerth-

The Dragon Kings come...
They demand total servitude... I blame myself for such a travesty... a thousand times over I have damned this world... and for now I shall see to it to minimize my contact... Self-Imposed exile... my lands when they are healed are at your disposal... do with them what you like...
-Iuz
Dragon Kings,
I came to your world with a force of men, if only to protect myself... but I am at fault for such conflict... but I WILL NOT betray my allies... nor my world ever again... the consequences... are too much... come join the Hell of your own making... Joine the conflict of my world... you cannot possibly damn it more then we have...
In short my answer is no... I will not be subservient... I will not cower... Athas will be a better place... the Return to the Age of Blue... will occur...
-Iuz
OOC: Nope not going to do it... Edena evacuating the Veiled Alliance to my secrect local... then well onward to Edena Knows where... to my Temple City... time for reflection... Iuz is not pleased with the turn of events... oh and hey don't worry Edena I know Ravenloft very well... can I recruit Azalin?

ANSWER: The Dragon-Kings are infuriated with your answer. And they state that if Iuz will not ally with them, they will find OTHER allies, much better allies ...
It is NOT possible to contact anyone in Ravenloft yet. Not unless you go there. IF you go there, now, you're out of the IR for the moment - because there is no returning from Ravenloft (of course, if the IR goes to Ravenloft, you're back in business.)

- - -

Spoof

Not using the Angels from the 7th Heavens how much PL can I call using the Celestials from St. Cuthbert?

ANSWER: See the limits on what you can do with 11th level magic. First post on this thread.

Also I thought you said that 10th level magic was a requirement for 11th level magic.
How are those people who did not have 10th level magic getting 11th now? If you want to give someone 11th level magic for outside reasons that is cool, but to allow anyone who did not research 10th go straight to 11th seems wrong. They had the option of spending PL earlier to get to 10th but chose not to, now with last turn they suddenly say hey I can get 11th now, why not? Allow them to have 10th this turn and 11th next, it would seem fairer to me anyway, but it is your call.

ANSWER: I thought of that. But I allowed the straight jump. A decision that was difficult, and a dilemma, but I made the choice.

As for Alzem’s Alignment change that was voluntary, his alignment is now the same as his god, Lawful Neutral. It was not the mists.

ANSWER: Oh, he is Lawful Neutral now? That makes a difference.
Instead of pure Celestials, a mixture of Celestials and Modrons will come.

Oh also needless to say I will expunge the red goo from Hope Isle Oreth and create an 11th level Mythal around the island, I will send you what it does later. I will also use 11th level magic to create Orethblood fountains across Hope Isle to keep it free from the Red goo and heal the land. Creating a large lake underground/surface of the stuff on the island. Also did I ever contact the Mercans. (sp) I will send you an e-mail of the different things I am trying to do with 11th level magic. I posted this as it is something that I would not be able or want to hide.

ANSWER: This is an Interlude. Wait until Turn 7 before posting that you are doing things - action posts shouldn't occur during an Interlude (which lasts only a short time IC.)
You can, at the very beginning of Turn 7, expunge the Red Goo, and create your 11th level Mythal, BUT ..
Remember that if you do this, you cannot create a Category 4 or greater Attack or Category 4 or greater Defense for your Power (which requires a full Day's concentration by your army of mages and clerics.) You are limited to launching Category 3 Attacks and Defenses or lower.

In other words, while you are busy building your Mythal, an enemy might just decide to snuff your Power out, mages, Mythal, and all, and they might very well succeed.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

I would greatly apreciate this, I need 11th level magic badly.
And how much territory do I control on Athas now? Note that I absorb entire population into Red Army.

ANSWER: You only have a beachhead on Athas right now. Almost none of it is under your control. The Dragon-Kings are NOT pushovers.
You have 11th level magic, as of right now. For you regain the Church of Shade in Realmspace, and it is now a Power per se, under your control, and it most certainly can use 11th level magic.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Answer these in yes or no, so you won't have your head explode.

Can I seal away Luna forever?

NO.

Can I grant the souls trapped in Luna a merciful death?

NO.

Can I remove the need for Illithid to eat brains?

YES.

Can I, in an emergency, collapse the Crystal Sphere of Oerth in to oblivion to prevent the Red Goo from escaping?

NO.

Can I seal Athas from Oerth and Toril forever?

NO.

Can I accelerate construction of the Penumbral Hub?

Yes. But if you do, remember that that means you are using 11th level magic for something other than Attack or Defense.
That means you can only make Attacks or put up Defenses of Category 3 or less - Category 4 Attacks and Defenses require a full day's concentration by all your mages and clerics (5 requires a full week, 6 a full turn.) They can do nothing else while concentrating.

It's your choice. I am running Turn 7 by the day - you can state you are using your 11th level magic to do whatever you want, within the limits of my post on page one, or you can state your entire mage/cleric army is preparing Category 4 Attacks and Defenses.
The choice, is yours.

Can I create a flexible chain between Oerth and the Sun and put an elevator on it?

YES. But it will require a week's worth of 11th level magic to do it.

Can I seal Toril away from the bedlam that is sure to occur over the next month? It's the last intact place to conquer.

NO.

Can I alter Illithid larvae so that they can fly through the air at high speed and crunch in to peoples heads to transform them in to Illithid?

YES. That requires 11th level magic.

Can I find the exact location of the Staff of Ancient Penumbra?

YES. It will take the entire Turn to do it.

Can I kick everyone in Greyspace, Realmspace, and Krynnspace in the crotch simultaneously?

You can try.

Can I create a magical weapon that uses nuclear bombs as ammunition, that focuses their explosion in to a tight beam of energy, and transfers the recoil in to bedrock?

YES.

Can I Teleport vast quantities of Red Goo in to the Positive Energy Plane?

YES. The result will be a colossal explosion, and if you are present when it goes off, you will cease to exist (you will actually die.)

- - -

Melkor

ANSWER TO QUESTION:

Yes, Melkor, you gain 11th level magic by default, the same way Zouron did.

And Edena, I also spread Shade Poisoning on Athas, in addition to Red Goo.

ANSWER: Noted. You are just beginning to do so.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

No, Iuz, not Blue Age, Red and Black shall be dominant colors.
Edena, can I contact Dark Powers? If so, than I have a following offer for them:
I will help to absorb all three spheres into Ravenloft, but in exchange I demand my Avatar to be Darklord of newly created Domain.

ANSWER: You cannot contact the Dark Powers. I KNOW what the Dark Powers are - I figured out their stats, race, gender, abilities, etc., etc., etc., a long time ago.
The reason you cannot contact the Dark Powers, is because you are looking in the wrong place FOR the Dark Powers.
Start telling me where you are looking, and you might actually find them.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Holy shiz-nit!
Melkor, you is evil.
Can I teleport the entire Army of Darkness out of this Crystal Sphere?

ANSWER: You could do that with mere 10th level magic. HOWEVER ... the Curse of the 2 Touches stays with you. It doesn't matter if you go up to the Sixth Heaven for a vacation of a thousand years.
A thousand years later, you still manifest all the symptoms of Touch 1 and Touch 2.
And no, no deity can undo the effects of Touch 1 and Touch 2.

Only you can undo it, and that won't be easy.

- - -

zouron

Melkor are you sure?
Serious are you sure you will attempt this? first off the dark powers (and be sure of this) may answer but they will certainly not grant your wish in any way you would like them to.

ANSWER: (chuckles VERY evilly ... go ahead, make a Wish, any Wish. The Dark Powers are always willing to grant a Wish ... always ...)

Even trying to contact might make you get forced to Ravenloft without getting your wish.

ANSWER: That is quite true, but I am trying not to be overly harsh, and so there is no immediate danger of that happening.

Being a darklord in Ravenloft isn't being ruler of a domain to ones pleasure, it is eternal torture just being able to see what one wants the most and then have it taken away. Your domain isn't your land to do with as you please it is the land which has no other purpose then to cause you grief in any way you would not like it.
well anyway good luck Melkor I just feel you will be cheated from the price you so much want.

ANSWER: Zouron is quite right. The Darklords are the most imprisoned of all ... and generally, they are the most unhappy of all, in the Demiplane of Dread that is known as Ravenloft.

- - -

Kalanyr

Hmm, I think I agree with Anab.
Of course I have to add why on Oerth are you trying to hurry yourself into a Prison, Melkor? The Dark Powers tend to torment the willingly evil more than any other.

ANSWER: I never said Melkor would become a Darklord, if Oerth was sucked into Ravenloft. The Dark Powers choose who becomes a Darklord, and I play the Dark Powers.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

TO Black Omega:

-Melkor erupts in sinister laughter after hearing Siobhan`s words:
-You want to hear what I want?! Well among other things, I want YOU! I desire you, and you will be mine, in body and soul, your resistance will make things only more funny, but finally you will totally submit to my will, and you will learn to find pleasure in pain, and suffering of others. Oh, and this loser Kalanyr won`t help you, I would squash him like a bug if he only had guts to face me, his power is no match for mine.

ANSWER: Heh. Now, that's the Melkor we know and love! :) Good rping, Melkor.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Well Anab, Zauron, and Kalanyr, ONLY my Avatar will be a part of Ravenloft, not Melkor himself.

ANSWER: (the DM smiles very, very evilly) Wanna bet?

- - -

Black Omega

No such thing as too much! And Siobhan did get involved with Kal when he was evil, so you never know.

ANSWER: (look of surprise.) Well, it's all up to Siobhan, of course ... I am sure Melkor could teach her the darkest depths of pleasure and pain ...

Well, someone had to be the first to answer and paint the bullseye on themselves.
Nice to see I got their attention.

ANSWER: Yes indeed. The Dragon-Kings of Athas have big plans for your Power, Black Omega.

Maybe not, but life gets dull if you only place it safe. It you are going to walk the edge, you may as well dance.

ANSWER: Cheers, Black Omega! Well put! :)

Hmm...Siobhan certainly wouldn't mind. there's no rush but if we wait on peace it might never happen. Might be time to at least do that ring shopping.

Questions for Edena on 11th level magic.

Can I change my iron golems to Oerthblood golems? Or at least admantium?

YES AND YES.

Can I 'treat' a area of lance to make it resistant to the red goo being returned?

YES. But just remember, if you use 11th level magic for any purpose but to Attack or Defend, you cannot launch a Category 4 or greater Attack or Defense, but must content yourself with a Category 3 Attack or Defense or less instead.
All fine and well, unless Mr. Draco and Serpenteye decide to both spend an entire day preparing an Attack, and hit you with a Category 8 Attack.
In which case, prepare to pay the piper.

- - -

Kalanyr

Hey Melkor last time I checked none of the Races Kalanyr the PC have been, have a -12 Penalty to Intelligence,Wisdom and Charisma, which is what you'd need to singlehandedly try and fight someone 5 times as powerful as you. Without special circumstances.

ANSWER: Heh. That's nothing. Wait until Vaeregoth starts running around with 5,000 plus PL. I'd like to see the being who would dare take Vaeregoth on then ...

By the way, you can use 11th level magic to duplicate Vaeregoth's feat. It will take an entire day to do it, but it can be done with 11th level magic.
Of course, your Power can then only launch a Category 3 Attack and Category 3 Defense or less.

In other words, your PC might have no Power to supply him PL with ...

- - -

Venus

Can I remove the Red Goo from Oerth completely?

ANSWER: YES. It will take the entire Turn, and this assumes nobody else interferes. Of course, you cannot launch any Category 4 or greater Attacks or Defenses while you are doing this.

Can I heal the wound in Oerth itself, removing the source of the red goo?

YES. It will take the whole Turn.

Can I get more Oerthblood?

YES. See my description on what you can do with 11th level magic. First post on this thread.

Can I stop the fog?

NO.

Can I revive angels that died in the battle between the Red Army, the Devils and the Angels?

NO.

Can I free Luna?

You can remove the Sunstare on it. That will take the entire Turn.
You might not want to do that - the population there was buried alive, and they cannot be reasoned with now - they will attack Oerth.

Can I restore any geological damage done to Oerth?

YES. See the limits on what you can do with 11th level magic. First post.

Can I make the sun shine bright again?

YES. It will take the entire Turn, and in addition there must be no interference from anyone else.

Can I create pocket dimensions?

YES. 100 of them, each sized LL.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Well, I am Melkor The Great, if anyone can make a deal with Dark Powers and get away with this, it is me! Actually I find the power I gained from merging with Red Goo not enough, I hunger for more, my appetite is infinitive!

ANSWER: You have to FIND the Dark Powers before you can bargain with them, Melkor.
You have not located them yet.
Better keep looking.

- - -

dagger

If you need anything from me Venus, dont hesitate to ask.

ANSWER: Dagger, I urge you to select one of the 8 open Powers on the lists above.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

OOC:

LOL When I read this post, I laughted aloud for five minutes, well actually I still do. Please, continue being so delighfully evil. Melkor's personality remains me a lot of my late character's daddy dearest.

ANSWER: Heh. The evil you can come to love. :)
Zelda, I urge you to take one of the 8 Powers I have listed as open. I think you'd enjoy it - having 11th level magic to throw around at some of these guys.

Edena: How hard and slow it is make few small areas on Oerth livable for part of my people, with help of 9th level magic, druids, elementals and direct manpower. My template didn't use PL reserves for almost anything but defense last turn (6th), so I should have free hands at least.

ANSWER: With only 9th level magic and below, you can make the Kron Hills habitable, barely. You can begin restoring the damaged soil, begin growing hardy plants, and you can make the atmosphere breathable.

So, amost all my npc are dead. 3 PL left only, that leaves two alive. Another must be Kasha the Witch, and another is Ergoth-Nog prince of Storm riders of Telchuria, man who became closest friend to now dead Lord Baron Elvor of Ratik and leader for People of Timberway Forest.
Am I right here?

ANSWER: Yes. But remember that you can resurrect or wish your NPCs back.

- - -

Forrester

This is all really quite silly. If 11th level magic could have these kinds of effects, on Toril we would have long ago deciphered the full contents of the City of the Gods by now (we all have an Int of 50, with our double-empowered Int-boosting spells up and our base 40 Int).
Hell, we'd have practically ascended into godhood. We've been living with 11th level magic for *years* on Toril, for pete's sake. If a single post re 11th level magic could have world-ending effects, or world-creating effects . . . I mean, c'mon.
This is all just too silly. After I get 11th level magic on Oerth, we retreat back to Toril, close off Realmspace to make sure nobody can invade (we HAVE been building protections/walls for freaking years now), and party.
Here endeth Forrester's participation in the IR.
If you want to cast Toril into flames, Edena, or blow it up by giving a random Oerthian an artifact that allows him to destroy worlds, or suck it into Ravenloft, be my guest. Knock yourself out.

ANSWER: It goes without saying that reading this post was painful. And I went offline for 12 hours afterwards, drained of any energy or will to continue the IR. However, I am back. I will not go away. As long as you will not, I will not.
I must arbitrate 11th level magic. Is it silly? Yes. It is ridiculous? Yes. Is it playing God? Yes. Am I to tell Mr. Draco and Serpenteye they can't have what they sacrificed and paid for, for 2 months IRL and 6 Turns of the IR to achieve? No.
And remember, the IR was always meant to be silly. It was never serious. Just exactly how long do you think the Chosen of Mystra and the Powers That Be on the real Toril would have tolerated the Gnomish Industrial Revolution? Heck, you can't fire an arquebus in the setting without the Watchful Order of Magisters hunting you down, and Khelben is backing them.
This is not about a chess tournament. This is about fun.
Besides, I do not believe there has ever been an 11th level intergalatic war game before. But there is always a first (even if it may well crash and burn.)

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Need to resist... nooooh....

Some effects would IMO be possible. Though must remember these are still just questions. And, Oearth does have history of time, where magic did a lot of harm, but we should not forget balance of power either. If some side could easily do something, there would be other one to easily stop it, most of the time.
Mmh, maybe you became gods.
That would explain your problems to bring your all power and knowledge to Oearh to start with. Now wouldn't that be weird?
And you were revealing in the afterglow of all those good times that followed those terrible wars, that you didn't even notice.
Such a sense of responsiblity. Yep, I smell certain trait of divinity here.
I see no reason, why such tactic wouldn't work however.
*Sniff*. Goodbye then, come back when you feel like it.

ANSWER: Actually, 11th level magic could be used to make Oerth into a paradise. Literally. The volcanoes could be calmed, the geography could be restored, the flora and fauna returned, the atmosphere returned to normal.
Humankind could be rendered immune to disease and parasites, given a 40 in every stat, made immune to all normal injuries, made to feel constantly healthy and strong.
Depression and mental illness could be greatly reduced, people could achieve fulfillment, dreams could come true.
The Mists could be driven off, the effect of the Touches reversed, and real immortality of a much more healthy kind could be bestowed upon those who want it, and desire it (although death through battle will always be a possibility.)
All this is possible with 11th level magic.
However, for this to happen, the Powers of Oerth must work together to make it happen.

Why dont' you do something IC to stop him then, please?
Though since I really wonder should Toril be in any danger from being sucked into Ravenloft in the first place. Now, that would give a little too much credit to power of these so called dark lords. Now on Oerth, with psychos like Melkor helping, impossible might become improbable, and with some more help, even possible. Toril didn't get involted, except through our Lord of Chaos, Forrester, and they didn't want him to do that either, so it's truly unlikely Toril ends up into this mesh. Probably dark powers or whatsoever are just twisting divinations to make it seem so, or maybe it is our new god of dreams.
Let's hold our horses, story has yet to unfold.

ANSWER: Do not underestimate the power of the Dark Powers. They have inflicted the First Touch, Second Touch, and are closing in on the Third Touch, against you all. Six Touches, and off to Ravenloft everyone goes, and then there is no returning.

dagger

Adventurer
Which ones are open?

The United Commonwealth of Toril is now an open power.
The Eternal Empire of Toril is now an open power.
The Church of Toril is now an open power.
The Church of Mercy is now an open power.
The Scro Star League of Toril is now an open power.
Mina and her Army are now an open power.

Reprisal

First Post
I do believe that Creamsteak wanted to take over the Church of Mercy...

Oh yeah, hey everyone! :cool:

Post Edit:

After receiving an e-mail and sending one back, I'm thinking of returning to the fold, of course, I'm somewhat confounded by the entirety of these proceedings, but I should be able to handle it as long as I get some help in the beginning.

In any event, I'm going to ask Edena to put a hold on The United Commonwealth of Toril until I can make my decision of wether or not I want to dive into the deep end ...

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
More Answers, Comments, and Rulings (to the posts from page 2 of this thread)

'o Skoteinos

I'm starting to collect Oerthblood. I'm making weapons out of 50% of it, the rest I keep in the safest place (Orc takes Oerthblood, Orc become Worm, Worm goes into my PC).

ANSWER: The collecting goes well. Oerthblood is coming up in fountains all over the place, and the collection of it is easy.
It can be used to forge weapons, armor, and shields that are immune to the effects of Red Goo.
It heals on contact. It will resurrect the dead, within limits. It grants regeneration (everyone has that, already, though.)
It does a lot of good things - it even drives the Mists out of the local area.

BTW: I'm visiting the following people (if I can find them, I'll stay a mile away from them.
They got togethere somewhere, if they're still partying, I'll join them.):

1) Angelika
2) Kas
3) Vreagoth (don't think I can find it)
4) Anabstercorian (he must be somewhere in the sun )

ANSWER: IMPORTANT - DO YOU ALLOW 'O SKOTEINOS TO VISIT YOUR PC?

- - -

Mr. Draco

Kas is on a tour of the union school system right now. of course, if you want to talk with him he'd be more than willing...

ANSWER: The children of the Union of Oerth have become very strangely behaved, for children.
First of all, they are not afraid. They should be - a normal child would be terrified the Alliance of Oerth, or the Shade, or the Torilians, were going to come and kill him or her and his or her friends and family.
Secondly, these children want to fight, want to join the military - even those as young as 5 are eager to get in there and train.
Thirdly, and most sadly, the children have been subjected, just like everyone else, to the First Touch - they enjoy pain to a mild degree, and their idea of children's games is to hurt each other.
The fact they regenerate has allowed them to create some very sick games - things you would expect sick adults to do. Seeing this in children is horrifying (I'm not going into said sick games.)

The school system itself has been warped by the First and Second Touches.
The standard reward for getting an A is 200 strokes of the lash (I'm not kidding.)
The penalty for flunking a class is to be placed in sensory deprivation for several days, followed by a Restoration spell for the insanity caused.
In other words, the culture has become twisted, sick, and degenerate, and it is getting worse - rapidly.

- - -

Venus

Ho,
Angelika will of course meet you.

ANSWER: Noted. 'o Skoteinos and Angelika meet.

- - -

Mr. Draco

and the ir slows down again...

anyway, one more question:

can i create linked spheres of anhilation so that whatever goes into one comes out of the other?

ANSWER: NO.

As for the IR, I need a few days to conduct matters.
There are 8 Powers to be claimed.
There is diplomacy to be carried out, ONCE those Powers are claimed.
I must update the Lists.
I must make all the rulings on 11th level magic.
I must answer all the posts in this thread.
I must answer all the e-mails sent me.
I must answer all the posts in the next thread, and the next one after that.

Besides, why are you in a hurry? They intend to destroy you on Turn 7, if they can. Of course, I have given you and Serpenteye the ability to combine your Attacks and Defenses, a trump card that will (or should) terrify the others.

Still, why be in a hurry to be obliterated, if such is indeed the fate decreed for you on Turn 7?

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Hi people. Has anyone given any thought to so called balance of power. You might very well have cold war of 11th magic at hand, since so many people with quite opposite goals have same kind of power. Now, whatever someone tries to do with such magic, is likely another one can counter.
So, Edena, what's are your thoughts?

ANSWER: That is why I created the article: How to Deal with 11th level troublemakers: the Fun and Easy Way.
I do not think there will be a cold war.
I think Melkor, at the least, will launch an Attack and Defense, which will pull someone else into an Attack and Defense, which will pull others into Attacks and Defenses, which will pull others ...

- - -

Kalanyr

Well it might be balance of power, but my guess is its more likely to be a race to obliterate each other first. *sigh*

ANSWER: Heh. But it won't be nearly as easy as you think. I made the charts so that it will be difficult to destroy another Power.
After all, with 11th level magic, you can mount a truly tremendous defense, and blasting through that isn't easy.
A Power that loses only a part of it's force, isn't weakened either.

By the way, if an Attack is successful, the Attacker gets to decide where to send the defeated opponent.
If he or she chooses Ravenloft, the enemy does not die, but instead one of the Darklords of Ravenloft has a king-sized headache on his hands.

More likely than not, if Oerth and the other planets are pulled into Ravenloft, all those forces will still be there, waiting.

Then, things will get truly messy.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

I meant true balance of power very easily. Its not as simple as 'hey, I got 11th level magic, I blast you'.
when another one has it too, and says:
'Nah, I got 11th level magic too, I shield myself'.

ANSWER: Well, with the Attack and Defense Category system, it sorta is that easy. I have to create an easy way to resolve conflicts - otherwise, I am going to be dealing with a situation where the Players use 11th level magic in ways so complicated it would take a Krynnish Gnomish Tinkerer Scientist to even hope to deciphere what they are trying to do, much less make a ruling on it, much less figure out if it works against the equally complicated enemy version.

It might create stand-stills very easily. Power alone is enough, it still is going to take time and cunning to use it, so that other side don't just stop you with same 'simple trick'.

ANSWER: Well, the point here is: You can ask your allies to aid you in an Attack, and the effects stack. Thus, with diplomacy (and under the table payoffs) you can muster a great attack (and in this case, you can e-mail me privately just how great an attack that will be - I don't need it posted publicly.)
As for the defender, he can obtain help also, by hook or crook, or by altruism.
Furthermore, both sides can Attack and Defend simultaneously.

Every day, this can go on. For all 30 days of the Turn.

I see a lot of bargaining and deal-making going on here.

I didn't mean any way to refer to any wisdom involving our dearest competitors, especially those so eager to annihilate everything.
Of course it is up to Edena, how he sees fit to make such 'counterspells' work.

ANSWER: All I can say is, if you don't like the fact a Power is trying to annihilate everything, and they cannot be reasoned with or stopped ... what choice is there, but to annihilate that Power?

- - -

Kalanyr

I think Edena already decided that 11th was relatively weak defensively, judging by the 65% chance plans are not revealed, the fact that 11th can't resurrect those Killed by 11th. Unless he changed his mind. Which would explain why either the Shade on Toril haven't obliterated the UC or been obliterated by the UC.

ANSWER: Wrong. 11th level magic is strong defensively, and my charts reflect that fact. If 11th level magic wasn't strong defensively, the Church of Shade in Realmspace would have been totally rooted out and destroyed by the authorities.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Edena, think about this:

-I start invasion of Athas by attacking one of city-states and its surroundings, which quickly falls, unprepared to battle Red Goo, let`s say I turn 100 000 people into Red Warriors- it means pl of around 3000, which should be enough to conquer Athas, since Krynn had only around 1800 last turn. Anyway here is my invasion route:

-First Tyr, than I separate my forces into two armies: one goes against Hamanu`s Urik, one against Nibenay.

ANSWER: This is a reasonable plan of attack. But it cannot go off during the Interlude. You will need to repost this during Turn 7.
Besides, Melkor, they are now offering to ally with YOU, if you will stop attacking them.
Iuz turned them down. They want to serve YOU, they state, and help YOU to destroy the Oerthians.

- - -

Sollir Furryfoot

Sorry, I might need to blow off a little steam here:

Melkor, I won't metagame about any posts about other settings and such that are in your plans, but, did you even *think* about Athas before we all revealed our plans about the future of the IR...or did you see how under my plans I was going to ally with the world of Athas?

ANSWER: Sollir, you wish to ally with Athas? They will listen to what you have to say, and maybe they might ally with you.
Sollir, I URGE you to take one of the 8 open Powers. I wish you to have 11th level magic, because then I believe the IR would be more fun.
If you take one of those Powers, you retain your old Power, and it is even possible the two Powers ally.

- - -

Festy_Dog

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to put it in before.
Silver Phases ratings: Evil 3 Chaos 3

ANSWER: Don't worry, Festy Dog. I only put that extra thing in to throw a scare into folks. I won't take away your PC.
However, you may well find yourself on a one-way trip to Ravenloft.
When you get there, the party will really start ...

- - -

Alyx

Jand bows his head.

Around him lay the shattered walls of a small fortress. The remains of the once mighty defences are unseen, however. The world fog cloaks them.

Somewhere the people of Celestial are doing their best to rebuild. Somewhere the few remaining elves of Varnaith, Celene, and the Lendore Isles are mourning. The fog cloaks all, renders isolation, seperates friends.
This fortress is a monument to a war. A war that swallowed people whole, destroyed them utterly, killed indiscrimantly men, women...and child.
Some might say that none of them mattered. None of those people shook the world.
None of the innocents played any part in the greater scheme of things. None of them could flay the sun, destroy a moon, kill a million people without a single thought or care.
Care. That was the key word. There is not one soul left who cares. Oh, maybe somewhere sombody mourned. But who among the mighty would even deign to notice a single, lost, bent soul?
A million die. And every one of them, in the end, make not a sound.

ANSWER: Alyx, I am requesting you take the United Commonwealth of Toril, one of the 8 open Powers, as a second Power under your control.
Reprisal, who created the UC, would have appreciated your eloquence, and your perception of events.
I really hope you will choose to play the UC.

- - -

Tokiwong

Finding the Path

Talindra paced softly aside the dark brooding deity, which was Iuz his small frame form dwarfed by her tall lithe build and willowy appearance. He continued along the long dark hall in silence, “Why are you following…” his voice no higher then a whisper…
Talindra paused at his side, “I was waiting for an acknowledgement of my existence, mighty Iuz…” she looked out from the hall towards the dancing flames, chaotic and powerful, they surrounded the whole of Chorazin. She looked at the flames, “You came to my world as a conqueror… why did you stop? You claim to be a God… a creature beyond the ken of us mortals… so why did you stop your onslaught…”
Iuz sighed, “It is pointless.”
“Pointless?”
Iuz turned his full fiery gaze upon her, “Pointless Lady Talindra, I have fought and scrapped for a millennia… for longer then sometimes I wish to remember… and what do I have to show for it… Godhood…” he chuckles, “bitter consolation it cannot stem the pointless void growing in my being…”
“You are remorseful then?” Talindra replied confused.
“I feel nothing, going to your world was a mistake upon mistake born out of greed, blind greed and a hunger for power… I could have taken that offer and crushed Oerth into dust… I damned that world once why not do it again… but to what end? What purpose is served by destroying which deep in my soul I hold dear…”
“So then you are moved by emotion…” she replied with a slight arch in her brow, her green eyes focusing on the small form of Iuz.
“I feel nothing…” he replied frustrated by the woman’s inquiries.
“You love this world… this Oerth… despite the actions you have committed the atrocities… you love it… you crave… so much you wish to hurt it… and yet you will not destroy it… no matter how much you clamor otherwise…” Talindra replied boldly smiling. She placed a hand on his shoulder, “There is no shame in that Iuz, Lord of the Glowing Darkness… you love this world… this Oerth… why not help to save it…”
Iuz glanced up to the woman, “It is not my place… nor my time. The people must decide the fate of Oerth, they face a powerful threat but if there is one thing we Oerthians can depend upon, we band together in times of need and fight. A common foe unites us; it is only when we fracture amongst ourselves that we falter… I am the most guilty in the recent events… my fate is exile until I can find the right path…”
Talindra nodded withdrawing her hand, “Then perhaps you can learn the right path… and save your world yet…”
Iuz continued walking, “That path is fragile and eludes me… wherever I search… whomever I touch it turns… black with death… death follows me… I cannot say that I do not enjoy the thought… but that will not help my dying world…”
Talindra followed and nodded, “We of the Veiled Alliance… now the Council of Arcana shall support you… we owe you much just as you owe us…”
Iuz nodded, “I trust that together we can find the Path… and set things a right… let it be known that my cruelty shall not be bated… but I will not allow my world to be destroyed… by forces without or within…” Iuz continues to pace down the hall… "I have many sins to amend... and many more yet to commit..."

ANSWER: The Veiled Alliance treats with Iuz with extreme caution - they are cautious in all they do.
They are not hostile - they are cautiously friendly.
They are researchers, first and foremost, seeking magical lore - but the Veiled Alliance has a better appreciation of the dangers of magic, and it's responsibilities, than many others, and they are careful in their research.
They make a point of not offending Iuz, their sponsor.
However, the Veiled Alliance will not involve itself in the war, unless it is directly attacked.

They WILL send emissaries to other Powers, as long as this does not offend Iuz, and as long as they are treated courteously by the Powers they try to contact.
They will not send any emissaries to the Shade or to the Army of Darkness.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Best Line Ever

Tokiwong

"I have many sins to amend... and many more yet to commit..."

OOC: Good line, Tokiwong! And excellent roleplaying, Alyx. Truly spectacular.

Anabstercorian broods.
Oerth is a treasure. Oerth is a trap. The mist is a blessing. The mist is a curse. Substare cannot be destroyed. Red goo can destroy Substare.

<< Why am I fighting? Am I fighting to save my people? Am I fighting to change my people? Am I fighting to save Oerth? >>
<< I'm not fighting to save Oerth. >>
He floats through the convection cells of the sun, musing.
<< Why am I fighting, then? Why didn't I leave with the fleet and find a new world to crush? >>
<< Because you want to WIN, Anabstercorian. You always did. >>
<< And win I shall. I will NOT flee. I will deny the Dark Powers Oerth. I will deny everything to all but the Illithid, and I will do it without killing a soul. I will do it perfectly. I will be Grace. >>
<< I will WIN. >>

ANSWER: The DM looks pleased. The IR is not just about killing the other guy. It's about philosophy, about the complexities of reality, about the drama of the human condition. Apparently, some of that has gotten into the IR, and that is good.
But the DM cannot take credit for more than a part of this - his players are the true heart and life of the IR, as they are of all D&D games.

- - -

Tokiwong

OOC: Thank you Anab... now to decide on the future

ANSWER: You are assuming there is a future. What an optimist ... :)

- - -

Sollir Furryfoot

Hellmaster Phibrizzo
Evil: 5
Chaos: 12+ (Being a Slaad of course)

ANSWER: Again, don't worry. I won't take your PC away from you, although another player might kill him or her.
If you go to Ravenloft, the party will continue - even if it is a party, Ravenloft-style.

- - -

William Ronald

(OOC: Sorry I have been away people. I have been pretty busy.)

ANSWER: You don't have to apologize for being busy. Take your time, my friend!

Hazen kneels in prayer as the Angels make their announcement. There are tears in his eyes, tears of joy which have not been seen for a long time.
"Thank you. I am honored by your trust. I swear that we shall heal Oerth and protect its people. I mourn the loss of Luna, and if I can, I will try to heal wounded souls"
"People of the Kevellond League, it is time for our greatest trial. We must fight the Red Mists and the Dark Powers of the Domain of Dread. We shall do so by healing the world and restoring what was lost."
Hazen restores the dead NPCs to life that belonged to him, and restores Keoghtom, Murlynd, Zagyg, Kallden, and Heward. (These demideities are played by members of the Oerth Alliance.)

ANSWER: Allowed. And everyone else can do this for their NPCs during the Interlude also.

The Kevellond League summons Oerthblood to its lands and begins to combat the mists and heal the soil. During this interlude, I will try to heal as much territory as I can. I also begin raising my dead, and the dead of the Oerth Alliance nations. I begin raising the righteous dead of all generations, people committed to fight for, protect, and heal Oerth. I will also help restore the NPCs of allies.

ANSWER: The Interlude does not last long IR. Little can be done in this little amount of time.
However, diplomacy is a Free Action (as one might say) and you can conduct as much of it as you want during an Interlude.

Hazen sends a message to the leaders of the nations of Oerth.
"Let us heal Oerth. Whatever our differences, we love this world."
Hazen asks that the people of Aquaria join with him in this effort. I will not claim them, as it would be rude to do so.

ANSWER: Aquaria is in ruins, half it's people dead, half it's forests burned, it's cities destroyed, it's coasts washed away. They cannot help you - they can barely save themselves.

Hazen joins Kalanyr's efforts to contact forces on Athas opposed to the Dragon Kings.

ANSWER: That is not hard! Melkor is assaulting the Dragon-Kings full on!

Also, he contacts the Chosen of Mystra and other Torillian factions. (Forrester, I am sorry to see you go. I have been critical of your actions. I think several players made sure that they would do all to make sure that the IR would continue.)
Hazen appears before Jand. (Alyx, Hazen is now an Angel, so his appearance has changed.)

ANSWER: Correction. Hazen has the powers, partially, of an Angel. He does not have the mindset of one - if he did, he would become an NPC.

"Have hope, my brother, my friend. You are valiant. People do care. I swear before Rao and all the powers of good that I shall work to save Oerth. "
"I hope Alzem speaks with me. He seems to have grown grimmer."

Edena, I suggest that you play Toril. You may wish to put out a call for more players. I have a few friends on the boards who might respond. Also, Alzem says he knows a few people.

ANSWER: I am requesting Alyx play the United Commonwealth of Toril, for various reasons.
I really do not want to have to play the UC. I have good reasons for this. I will only do so as a last resort.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Always with the phat l33tness, Edena
Edena, I bestow upon you the +5 Hat of Total Pimpitude, +6 vs. Getting Yo Gaming Shiz-Nit On.
Also, I would like to take this moment to play my Total Bastard card, and reveal the fact that I have Mordenkainen under the control of the Dictum - Since turn 3, in fact. He is now flying up to personally supervise the construction of the Penumbral Hub - He should do well, Gary Gygax always was a damn creative guy. I bet he'll pull something amazing out of his arse to speed up construction.

ANSWER: Heh. If that was a compliment, a big thank you! :) And yes, Mordenkainen is under Anabstercorian's control (sorry, Black Omega!) and has been since Turn 3. One of the IR's secrets, revealed.

- - -

Tokiwong

OOC: I like the game Edena it rocks.. and the scheme for 11th level magic is nice and easy to understand... keep it up... you are cool... oh and just in case anyone wanted to know... I like pie.

ANSWER: Cheers and thank you, Tokiwong. By the way, I don't see anyone contesting your claim to the Eternal Empire of Toril. I do believe that this Power is going to go to you ...

- - -

Mr. Draco

Edena, the rules for 11th look fine. It is already looking like it'll be alot of fun turn 7.

ANSWER: I hope we can have fun. It isn't easy, having fun, when the game involves power of such magnitude. Monty Haul has nothing on this IR.

I think anab's comment was made with the intent of "whoa, that's really cool! now we can blow each other to bits without really worrying about exactly how powerful each attack is!"

ANSWER: Exactly! But, of course, I made it possible for you to connive and bribe and use diplomacy to increase your chances of blowing the other guy to bits, and to decrease the chances of him or her blowing you to bits ...

- - -

Anabstercorian

Relax, Forrester didn't leave because of the way you handled 11th level magic. He thought you were being inconsistent, which, while a blow, isn't the same thing. Personally, I think what you've been doing is amazing - The +5 hat of pimpitude is my little way of saying, "That's amazing. Stupendous job."
Hee hee. Pimpitude.
This is going to be a heck of a turn!

Anabstercorian

P.S. I have strange ambitions to run an IR-esque game set on Earth 2020, with tech roughly equal to that of Metal Gear Solid 2, based on the arrival of forces from a fantasy setting in to our world. I would, of course, do this after the 3rd IR concludes. I don't know if I have what it takes, but if I do, would anyone be interested?

ANSWER: (very solemnly) Thank you for the compliment, Anabstercorian. And if this IR spawns new IRs, or new campaign settings, or people are inspired to start new games because of it, then I really feel good.
As for Forrester, he is always welcome back. Although if he doesn't return soon, I might have to create a new power for him to play.
I think Forrester is cool. I always will.
He is quite right about 11th level magic being silly - but I must allow it, and must find a way to make it fun (silly or not.)

- - -

William Ronald

Edena, I believe Mr. Draco's analysis of Anabstercorian's statement is correct.
I am sorry that Forrester leaving has hurt you. As a gentleman, I will not speculate on his reasons for leaving. I did talk to Gnomeworks, and he will be around. (You know why he has been away.)
I think you should see about advertising for more players. I also think YOU should run Toril.
I like the rules and the fact that people have 24 hours to respod to an attack. I believe your rules are quite elegant and very easy to comprehend.

ANSWER: It seems my rules are a success. Let's hope so. Let's also hope GnomeWorks can return. Some talk of a delay in the IR - if that enables GnomeWorks to return, all the better. Maybe even Kaboom will show back up again ...
I am beginning to think of everyone in the IR as a kind of family. It's really great, roleplaying with you guys (and with you, Zelda.)

I do have some questions on 11th level magic.

Can I build a new moon in the orbit of Luna?

NO.

Can I try to heal the hurt of the people of Luna?

YES. It will take the entire Turn, and it must not be interrupted by a countereffort.

If I had been up during the attack on them, I would have done something. I might have gotten Hazen killed, but it would have worked.

ANSWER: Understood. But Anabstercorian was adamant concerning the attack, and repeatedly posted he was doing so.

Can 11th level magic be used to begin repairs to the entire planet?

ANSWER: See the list of what 11th level magic can do. It's the first post of this thread.

I would like to get the map looking somewhat recognizable. (By the way, has anyone heard from Maudlin. I really liked the way that he played Acererak. Also, his help with the maps was crucial.)

ANSWER: I greatly miss Maudlin. I hope it's just that he's on vacation. As for the map, it is beyond recognition right now, and unless 11th level magic is used to put Oerik and the Flanaess back the way they used to look, it will remain unrecognizable.
Of course, doing that requires effort and time, preventing any Attack or Defense greater than 3.
Or, in other words, it's hard to clean up the mess while people are dumping garbage into it.

Can 11th level magic be used to create artifacts and relics?

YES. But the process is long and complicated. It will take several Turns to complete a single artifact (Forsaken One is the only one to successfully do so, so far.)

Tokiwong: Nice post.

ANSWER: Yes indeed.

- - -

Mr. Draco

[begin foreshadowing] William, seeing how you're the acting president of the Oerth Alliance, could you give me a little info about how it works? Basically I was wondering if they (the member nations) would accept a new member, say, a lawful neutral member nation? It could be a rather, electrifying, shall we say, development... [end foreshadowing]

ANSWER: The DM watches, and does not interfere.

- - -

Alyx

OOC

Count me as interested, Anab. An intruging prospect.

ANSWER: The DM wonders what's up ...

- - -

Tokiwong

Iuz would be intrigued to have The Eternal Empire of Toril on his side... and to have access to its power...

ANSWER: Unless someone contests it, I am awarding the Eternal Empire of Toril to Tokiwong.
This may serve as inspiration for others to claim the other open Powers ...

Iuz has decided that the time ahs come to make tough decisions he has many wrongs to right... and so does Toril.. perhaps a union to further heal the broken the world may be in order... he is a God he has much power... that have the magic to being his ambitions to fruition... He must a find a path to bring balance back... and Toril hopes to achieve full subjugation of Oerth... perhaps that is for the best... for the world that Iuz loves so much... he extends a hand of bondage to the Empire... to grow... and to join... and to become the force that can fully bring Oerth out of the pits of its despair...

ANSWER: A Hand of Bondage?

- - -

creamsteak

These powers are acceptable for me. I believe they fit somewhat well, but if someone conflicts with one tell me...

ANSWER: Creamsteak has informed me he is claiming the Church of Mercy. Unless he is contested, that Power is now his.

- - -

Uvenelei

The Church of Toril fits me nicely, as long as they let me slip Bahamut the Bright Lord into their Pantheon. The Star League would be nice too if they weren't ruthless and militant - I'd love to head an intergalatic, interdimensional trade empire.

ANSWER: The Church of Toril will not fit Bahamut into their Pantheon (they have already refused a lot of Torilian Gods.)
However, if you wish to play either them or the Scro Star League, please just give me the word, Uvenelei.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers, comments, and rulings on the posts from page 3 of this thread

Kalanyr

Hmmm, Can the Dictum affect powers with 11th since Anab has it too?

YES. The Dictum can now enslave anyone except a PC.

The Obvious:

I revive the NPC's of The Oerth Alliance, Forsaken One, Festy Dog

ANSWER: Noted and done

The Gesture of Goodwill
Tokiwong

The Pointless Gesture of Goodwill
The Union of Oerth

ANSWER: Heh. What about the Gesture of Goodwill to Mina and the Knights of Neraka? What about the Gesture of Goodwill to the Dragon-Kings? What about the Gesture of Goodwill to the People of Luna? Now, THAT would be hopeless gesturing. :)

Edena_of_Neith
The Nasty, Evil DM of the IR :D

- - -

Kalanyr

Kalanyr to Anabstercorian:

Mental Sending

<<Illithid, Is it your intention to block the sun with that space station of yours? >>

ANSWER: Talking with Anabstercorian is dangerous. He might just reach out with that Dictum, and seize the speaker as his slave forever.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Festy, we need to talk. I saw you on MSN just a while ago but I had a appointment with the Docter so that had to wait. I need to discuss something with you, you might like it very much, you might hate it.
Skot and I are gonna have a nice conversation this afternoon at school But he has practically agreed to it.
if I see you on MSN we can talk it over.

ANSWER: I hope things are ok with you, Forsaken One. Hope the trip went well.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Nice work on 11th magic, Edena, you are brilliant.
Don't be sad over Forrester leaving. I've been here long time, and I've noticed he/she has habbit of getting moody, pissed, make angry remark, leave, and maybe come back later.
If Forrester does, well, I presume there are some people here waiting with questions and rope.

ANSWER (solemnly) Thank you for the compliment, Zelda. I think he is watching, at the least. Hopefully, he'll enjoy watching the IR, even if he does not return.

The United Commonwealth of Toril
Would best fit with my other plans (those very few I have).
However, if there is a lot of competion, and I have not been very active player this far (though I might become one, but that is not certain), I'd be satisfied with 'protection pack'.
My people are neutral on avarage, and would appreciate very much that some powermonger wouldn' t just blast us away for fun or feed us to evergrowing fungi (aka.red goo).
Tokiwong, your 'Iuz remorsal' IC was great.
Aneb, I still haven't got my hands on Metal Gear 2, interesting concept however.

ANSWER: You wish to play the United Commonwealth of Toril? You can do that. When you take that Power, you are assuming control over the lives of over 100 billion innocent people and beings, most of the world of Toril, the moon of Selune, and most of Realmspace. You will find yourself in a position of having to post very heavily (think - as heavily as Melkor) and that a heavy weight of responsibility is on your shoulders. Forrester protected these people, protected the UC, employing whatever means it took to do so ... how will you handle the UC? How will you protect it's 100 billion innocent people? A heavy burden will be on you.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Edena what is the effect from 11th on the dreamings?
Since it pulls the wwool over the gods eyes, I am not expecting 11th to be able to do something about it.

ANSWER: 11th level magic has a chance, depending on how long the Power using it tries, to reverse one or more of the effects of your 5 changes in reality.
However, the chances are not good, and even if they succeed, they succeed only for the one Power in question that I roll for, and they are successful.
Furthermore, they cannot throw any Attack or Defense greater than a 3, while attempting to overthrow your changes in reality.
See the list of what you can do with 11th level magic. First post of this thread.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Melkor and Iuz, I ask you to redraw from Athas.

ANSWER: DM watches this, amused, not getting involved.

Edena, I AM STARTING TO EQUIP MY FORCES WITH OERTHBLOOD WEAPONS / ARMOR / P.A.A.

ANSWER: Noted.

I'm ditching the red stuff with 11th and oerthblood. I'm creating wells and springs of it as well down in the hive areas. Time to get rid of the Trash.

ANSWER: Noted. You can now quickly rid yourself of the Red Goo, but now you must rebuild your arsenal. That will take some time - not much, if you use 11th level magic to help.

Btw I'm turning ALL my creatures to lawful neutral like my formians. Everything just got hiveminded.

ANSWER: Noted and allowed for your Formians. The Unseelie take a little longer - it will be a few days into Turn 7 before they fully convert.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Edena, I'm calling all the powers of Athas to a meeting and I want to here their opinions on the matter. I as a psion of at least "some" respect should get them to talk since I'm a psion and not a arcane user.
I want to know all their PL's and some background on the setting if you wouldn't mind.
The Swarms are coming to athas to get rid of the evil Oerthian influences there.
Psions united

ANSWER: I have not yet determined the PL of the nations of Athas. However, I will say this:
How would you feel, if a bunch of Shadow Monsters suddenly appeared on your world, and started attacking everything in sight? And turning things into Red Goo? And raising your own people they killed as ghastly Red Warriors?
Not that the people of Athas are friendly to start with - most of them shoot first, and ask questions later.
With the exception only of the Veiled Society, the people of Athas are now universally hostile to the people of Oerth. They blame you all for this invasion of their homeland. They now know what has happened on Oerth, and they think you are all a bunch of lunatics.
And the evil Dragon-Kings, who lead them, think your world would make a fine addition to their kingdoms, and the lush blue-green worlds of Toril and Krynn make their mouths water.
The halflings of the Forest Ridge don't care if you are an emissary - you still taste good in the pot.
The Mindlords of the Last Sea aren't interested in alliance, but ARE interested in keeping their resources a secret from all ... these tyrants keep everyone in the area happy (Serve the computer! The computer wants you to be happy. If you are not happy, you just might be used for spare nuclear shielding parts.)
Guess what happens to your emissaries? They become happy citizens of that region.

The Dragon-Kings tell your emissaries that if your formians will come and GET THE SHADE OFF THEIR BACKS, they would be happy to talk with you, and discuss everything, but right now they have this minor little war going on, in which they are barely holding against the Shade, and unless you have something useful to say, or help to bring, they are busy, thank you.

The Veiled Alliance is friendly. Cautious, as always, but friendly.
They receive your emissaries, and offer to begin a dialouge.
They will not, under any circumstances, take sides or become involved in the war, unless attacked.

- - -

Black Omega

Sorry for not answering sooner, I skipped past this when in a rush and forgot to come back an answer it. Depending on the current status of that fight we'll be happy to help.
Though we're also expecting trouble from the Dragon-Kings since we were the first to refuse their surrender demands.
Send someone on by, we'll work it out.

ANSWER: So, you are aiding Melkor in the invasion of Athas. LOL. :) :D :) Why do you think the Dragon-Kings are so angry?

To answer Forsaken One's post you answered to, yes you can begin giving your Unseelie psionic powers.
See the list of what you can do with 11th level magic. First post on this thread.

- - -

Kalanyr

Edena are those Quickly/Day/Week/etc things exclusive or stackable because if they're not stackable you're better off increasing your (N)PC's PL by 5 in an instant than by 300 in a month. Same with a lot of those things. Unless of course each of those things are 1 time only ie +5PL for a PC quicky once.
And I was just going for a bunch of Psionic Spellfire Weilding Avangions, tsk tsk, I lack Imagination.
Edena
Oh and if one can achieve Divine Ascension with 11th can you boost your rank further with it? eg Intemediate->Greater or Lesser->Intermediate
Also I have some more questions about 11th back on my original post

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ:

Although I am running Turn 7 in days, you can announce you are starting projects that will take longer than an entire day.
If you do this, then you will ultimately gain the greater benefits as stated in the lists of what you can do with 11th level magic, as each appropriate date occurs (1 week, 1 month/Turn.)
For example, you can increase your PC's PL by 5 quickly. But you CANNOT do that a second time (if you could, your PL would reaches about a million or more by Turn's End.) To obtain the greater PL values, you must spend the extended time employing 11th level magic.
While you are working on any project that takes longer than an hour, you cannot launch any Category 4 or greater Attacks or Defenses.
You're busy doing something else, not concentrating all your firepower on an enemy, and spending 100% of your time preparing to Attack or Defend.

You cannot boost your divine rank with 11th level magic, but you can attempt to seize another diety's portfolio. The chances of success for this are in the lists of what you can do with 11th level magic. First post of this thread.

- - -

Black Omega

You know..with Oerthblood, 11th level magic and everything else...it just hit me. I can pretty much make Evangelions now! Woo!

ANSWER: (smiles) Yes indeed.

- - -

Kalanyr

Kalanyr sits in the remains of the party decorations

For all my good intentions this did nothing. Perhapes I have even made the Goo stronger?
Perhaps pointing the finger at others is a mistake we make, we are all to blame for what has happened to this world. We must all take responsibility for our own actions. So many of my people and the people of others have died due to my foolishness.
But giving up and wallowing in misery, despair and self-pity just strengthen the Red and bring the Mists closer. What must be done is active. to help rebuild, to clear the skies and to heal the land. To restore the dead to life. To free the slaves of Acererak.
He stands and with a gesture shuts all the gates not leading to an area in need of help or held by an ally. The party decorations vanish haveing repacked themselves behind him.
Something in his eyes is sparking again and enegy buzzes around. The aura of divinity around him forms and coalesces into a discernable emotion it is different to that of the Sword God , Iuz , Melkor , Zagyg or any of the other demigods or avatars, his aura holds no charm,death or battle lust, merely hope, the hope and determination to see things through to the end, the hope that all will be well if you do enough, if peace is worked for hard enough and the hope for peace, freedom and unity.
(If the monologue above seems disjoined, its supposed to be, creatures capable of thinking in depth about more than one thing at a time tend to have monologues sound disordered I'd guess.)

Kalanyr kneels in front of the Statue to the fallen erected after the attack on the shade.
His eyes are pale and his look is of rememberance and sorrow.
So much, so many have given for what is right. I feel I am unworthy of the form I wear, my deeds accomplish so little now, the struggle to undo the evil I could cause in one day takes months. I must do more. So very much to do.
He stands and looks at Iggwilv, his only surviving close companion of the past 17 months, Eclavdra,Zuggtmoy and Lyzandred all fell in the battle with the shade, Keraptis and Xaene lost their lives in the battle with the Red Army.

What do you think?
Of what?
Of the fallen, of the needless suffering and death?
I remember when I would have revelled in it, when I would have applauded Iuz, and felt a certain degree of motherly pride. But such times seem so distant now. I can only mourn what is done and do what I can to repair the damage. To lose hope is to undo the very essence of Freedom.

Kalanyr stares at her and nods

You are right, to lose hope is to undo all we have worked for. It is time to act, to heal.

As Kalanyr and Iggwilv disappear from the statue a spring of Oerthblood springs from the ground where he knelt and moves to the statue, touching it,melding with it, transforming the rememberance to the brave and the fallen, be they mighty or humble, archmage or peasant, into Oerthblood. The statue glitters in the sunlight as the silver metal works to undo the devastation and poison around the area that was once the great City of Greyhawk.

(Note to Edena-Eclavdra should be dead, I believe Jubilex exploded her in Turn 4)

ANSWER: Nice rping, Kalanyr. Cheers! And yes, that spring does erupt, but sadly the atmosphere is too choked with dust for the sun to shine down ... or is it? The clouds part, the gloom lifts, and for a brief few seconds, the clear blue sky is visible through the endless smiles of smoke and debris in the sky.
The sun lifts into that patch, and it's light smotes down, illuminating the statue in brilliant, golden (not mauve or purple) light.
For a moment, the Statue of Remembrance shines brilliant white in the sunlight, strong, tall, and beautiful in the sunlight.

- - -

Kalanyr

Evangellions?
I was going to make Mechas, hmm they are possible now, Woohooo! Go the giant magical constructs!

Another note to Edena: Did you get the 2nd of my 3 emails? There's several questions amongst the pointless rambling I would like answered when you have the time.

ANSWER: I don't consider any of your questions pointless rambling.
I do not know what Mechas are. Someone will have to explain that concept.
I received your e-mails, and hopefully have replied to them.

- - -

Kalanyr

I know you aren't trying to punish those of us who gained 11th level magic by research.
You just want people to enjoy this IR.
The thing is that by claiming any one of those powers the player instantly can do everything those of us with 11th can do and probably have at least 5000 more PL than us.

ANSWER: I must be blunt in my answer on this. Those people who are out to win the IR, as if this were a chess or bridge tournament, can consider they have won, simply in getting 11th level magic.
There is no question but that, with 11th level magic, those Powers with it would have utterly destroyed those without it on Turn 7. That is a given.
In that sense, you won the IR just from that.
However, if you really want to be realistic, then know that Forrester's UC had one hundred times as many mages who could cast 11th level magic as all of the rest of you had. The UC had 40 years to train new mages, and a whole Crystal Sphere full of people to work with.
Realistically, you would have been crushed by Forrester.
Forrester, in effect, won the IR.

However, the IR must have ways out for people - there must be a way out.
Perhaps a small number of mages with 11th level magic can take on and destroy an enormous army of mages with 11th level magic.
And perhaps players who have only 9th level magic, and are effectively shut out of the IR now, deserve some fun - their Power may be down and out, but the player need not be down and out.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

I agree with Kalanyr on that. It certainly would undermine people's efforts. However, there are few players who deserve 11th magic or something. Put hands up, if you think so. I am not among those people. I am able to enjoy game without that much power, perhaps 'cause I've gotten to play enough 'evil demi-gods' in our table top games. Hehee, not that I'm afraid of having 11th magic or anything.
Little song came to my mind about this magic thing, here it is, for your amusement:

Every year Companions Choose as they have done before, The Chosen come with shining hopes to learn the Herald's lore. And every year the Heralds sigh and give the same advice --
"All those who would hold Magic's Power must then pay Magic's Price"

ANSWER: The Chosen of Mystra, if you are referring to them ... I played them, as Moderator, in the first and second IR.
I played them as cautious, careful people who never struck out with their magic, but who did attempt to save Toril when it appeared Toril had no future.
If you are saying that power brings responsibility, I agree - and I have seen this cliche apply to Real Life, and it is not a cliche - it is all too painfully true.
I have seen power horribly abused, with horrible results.

However, this is the IR, and in the IR, if someone wants to create the Olympic Games of Torture, or turn Drax into the lowliest undead and assign him to cleaning the sewers, or destroy the Vast Swamp, or raise armies of undead, or connive to do dastardly things, or to lead Red Armies around the world in mayhem and massacre, or to seal up entire worlds in Sunstare, or plot to kill everyone else, that is fine.
After all, it's only an IR. And if Ravenloft does suck everyone in, well ... I guess we'll just have to invite the vampires into the party! (poor vampires won't ever know what hit them.)

Whether they deserve 11th level magic or not is not relevant.
Whether they deserve fun - well, all of you (that means you, Zelda!) deserve fun.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

To Forsaken One:

-Do not interfere, ant, and I will leave you alone! For now I have ascended, I am Melkor The Red, and I possess power and wisdom beyond your imagination! You can`t defeat me, and battles between us will only make The Mist stronge, neither of us wants to be a part of Ravenloft!

ANSWER: DM watches this with amusement, never getting involved.

- - -

Tokiwong

OOC: I would like the Eternal Empire of Toril then... to use... just as I said before... so if that is possible then cool

ANSWER: It's yours, Tokiwong, unless someone contests the claim.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Edena, I assume you will later respond to some posts in this topic?

ANSWER: LOL. Here I am now. Better late than never!

- - -

Spoof

Ok I have a question about "Taking out the Garbage"

ANSWER: You mean, the garbage is worth discussing? :D

Mr. Draco and Serpenteye count as two players in the 11th level magic war. So that means they can assist each other with both defense and offense so unless we know who they are attacking they are pretty much guaranteed to destroy who they go after. Also it would take 3 other players to destroy them, as they will both defend themselves, or could we just attack one or the other? Personally I think that they are just one power so should only get one attack/defense per round, that would be the problem with running a single power with two people, 2x the ideas but the power should be split, not multiplied by 2 then split, same with all the arms races.

ANSWER: Mr. Draco and Serpenteye, are a dangerous exception to the rules. They can each muster an Attack and a Defense, but they represent only one Power.
As a result, they can hurl a double strength Attack and Defense against the rest of you.
This is a reward I am giving them for six Turns of sacrifice and careful planning and scheming.

If you are afraid of them, remember that they stood up against the whole Alliance of Oerth, pretty much alone, for many turns.
Now, they are come into their own - let the world beware, for the Union of Oerth is on the warpath!

However, even they are restricted to Category 3 or less Attacks and Defenses only (for a total of 6) if they use their 11th level magic for any project that takes over an hour (see the list of what you can do with 11th level magic; first post of this thread.)

But as for Forrester, if she/he has no commitment then we do not need him/her. I say give Toril to someone who wants it (and a HUGE PL boost) but it would have to be one of the good guys. This could easily be done as the UC has decided to put Forrester up for war crimes, for murdering millions of allied forces with careless disregard for their lives.

ANSWER: Forrester is a he. The United Commonwealth might not approve of what Forrester did, but Forrester protected them when Oerth was a real menace (after, consider - Turn 1, he could have allowed people into Realmspace to research 11th level magic, and helped them. Turn 2, he could have helped them again. He could have refused to help the Alliance of Oerth against the Shade.)
Forrester's actions, however ruthless, protected Realmspace from what was happening in Oerth. Among the humanoids of Oerth, Forrester is an invincible hero. Among the others, he is respected and honored.
That does not excuse the deaths of all those people ... I merely state how the people of Realmspace view Forrester. If you think Forrester is a war-criminal, then I guess you will have to somehow overcome the United Commonwealth and take him by force for trial. They will not give him up to you willingly!! And such a battle with the UC will kill billions of innocent people.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

I think that Sollir deserves THe Unseelie, besided Tokiwong and him all of the players without 11th level magic are good, and he is chaotic evil, perfectly suitable.

ANSWER: It is up to Sollir. If he wants Valky's Unseelie, he is welcome to them ... he'd do well, with them, I think.

- - -

Kalanyr

I don't mind people getting 11th. I'm just slightly annoyed they get 4x my PL (at least) for free with the 11th. Makes me wish I hadn't bothered to get 11th.
Its Ok for most of those of us with 11th: William and Venus got 10000PL of angel, The U of O and Alzem already had a massive PL, The Faerie Triple in Power, Forsaken hextuples his PL, Melkor gets the Church of Shade.
I take 500PL damage from research and have around 850PL left vs the 5000+ everyone else will have. I ain't going to achieve much. And I'm gonna get blown up lots because I'm a sucky PL with 11th.

ANSWER: Incorrect. You can Attack and Defend normally, like everyone else, including the very powerful United Commonwealth of Toril.
PL is going to rapidly become irrelevant as people use 11th level magic to increase their PL by thousands, tens of thousands, and hundreds of thousands.
What will be truly relevant is whether you can crush the enemy's 11th level army.
If you succeed in doing that, it doesn't matter if the enemy has a PL of 100,000, and you have a PL of 100. You will crush his Power like an egg squashed by an elephant.
The Baklunish prove my point. A small remnant of them, who survived the Invoked Devastation, gathered at Tovag Baragu. Just a few surviving mages, out of a whole people. Those few surviving mages brought down the Rain of Colorless Fire and destroyed the entire Suel Imperium. 2,000 years later, it is still a lifeless sea of ash.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Edena, I would really like you to comment on this:
Edena, my assault on Athas continues, and it SHALL not stop until every person on Athas becomes one with Red Goo, and a Shade, and they will ALL bow before Melkor The Great, Lord Of Athas, Lord Of All! I WILL personally deal with Sorcecer Kings, killing them one by one, than they forces will shatter!

ANSWER: It would seem, if what I am reading is true (look of disbelief) that Black Omega and William wish to help you with this project.

Message to Athasians:

-People of this world, do not deny your destiny, for you SHALL ascend, your power and wisdom WILL rise beyond your comprehension, and you will be purged, cleansed of weakness. Behold for I am Melkor The Red, do not oppose me, I shall lead you to glory and ENTIRE multiverse will bow before the power of Eternal Night!

ANSWER: And you get a reply:

And I am the Dragon-King, one of the great generals of the Clensing Wars.
You are a nothing, and your people are pathetic; your whole world is pathetic, and presumptuous, and idiotic in it's behavior and attitude.
You dare to come here and proclaim yourself lord - you, who are lord of nothing, not even your own people, much less the pathetic world you were driven to, unable to show your face on your homeworld of Toril.
THEY have our respect, and our envy, but not you.
You will suffer the fate of all who dare to attack us ... you will be destroyed, and your life essense used to empower our Dragon Metamorphosis.
As we cleansed this world of humanoids and faerie, of filth and scum, so will we cleanse you from this world.
Then we will come to Oerth, and we will cleanse IT of the filth that inhabits it, and it shall be our domain, and those of you who are permitted the privilege of living will be ours.

Edena, think about this:

-I start invasion of Athas by attacking one of city-states and its surroundings, which quickly falls, unprepared to battle Red Goo, let`s say I turn 100 000 people into Red Warriors- it means pl of around 3000, which should be enough to conquer Athas, since
Krynn had only around 1800 last turn. Anyway here is my invasion route:
-First Tyr, than I separate my forces into two armies: one goes against Hamanu`s Urik, one against Nibenay.

ANSWER: A good attack plan. However, surprised as it was, Tyr is successfully repulsing your attacks, so far.
That may change, for this is but the Interlude, but so far they have destroyed everything you could hurl at them.
Their psionic enchantments were a nasty counter-surprise to your Shade.

William, Black Omega, are you helping Melkor in this assault?
Are you even indirectly helping him, by assaulting the Dragon-Kings on your own?

- - -

Spoof

Well mabey not massive PL I only had 360 last turn + extras (npc, pc, arms race...) and gor 790 for Krynn, and Allmost lost that to someone else. But now with 11th level magic you can summon 100,000 or was it 10,000 PL of outsiders (5x) per turn so Pl is not going to make a difference anymore really. Its all about the bid guns now.

ANSWER: Exactly.

- - -

Spoof

Oh and Edena, me and my Allies will use 11th level magic to shut off this Sphere from all others but Toril. We do this to try and keep the destruction based here, and Toril.
Hopefully now that Forrester has been ousted the UC will play a more helpful roll by not killing EVERYTHING, that breathes.
So to everyone who has forces in other places, damn sorry, I guess those PL are gone forever

ANSWER: Heh. I don't think so, Spoof. The Angels wished to allow everyone a chance to learn, and they threw open ALL the Spheres ... everyone can go anywhere they please, and have the full advantage of their magic and technology wherever they go.

Even if you closed egress from Greyspace with 11th level magic, Melkor would just simply reopen it. Then someone would close the Sphere, then someone would force it's reopening. Etc, etc, etc.

- - -

Kalanyr

Let me demonstrate what I mean:
Me PL 850 gets hit by multiple catastrophes, my new PL 0 my part in the IR is over in the first 3 posts of turn 7.
Random Person with 5000PL gets hit by multiple catastrophes, their new PL 4150 they continue on and recover quickly.
Difference in 8 posts of turn 7:

Smoldering Ash(Me) vs Surviving Power(Them).

If I actually survived long enough to get those outsiders yes it would work, but since I'm charred remains, no it doesn't work.

ANSWER: Well, ok, I'll be blunt again. Kalanyr, with 10th level magic, you are able to resurrect a great part of what you lost, and a great part of your forces were not in the battle to begin with. You'll be just fine, as long as you are ready to duel with 11th level magic, and get in there and fight, to win! :)

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Kalanyr, stop whining, MOST of the players are your allies (Alliance Of Oerth).

ANSWER: Oh come now. No need to recriminate. Sure, Kalanyr has friends. So do you. The one who should complain is me. I'm the big, bad DM. I have no IC friends! (whines pitifully.) :)

- - -

Kalanyr

And I suppose you never complained in all those threads about something you thought was weird or unfairly (in your opinion) disadvantaged you?
Oh wait you did multiple times and in multiple places, for some strange reason I think I have the same right.

ANSWER: Regards this argument ...

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Sorry Kalanyr, you are right, but I can`t deny the fact that I am enjoying all your failures.

ANSWER: You are, eh? Enjoy while you can - I do believe a number of Powers wish to talk with your Power over certain atrocities committed, Melkor.
And somehow, I don't think they're going to bring any wine from Veluna this time to the table!

- - -

Zelda Themelin

OCC: Ok, I try something IC again after long time of silence. Wish I could write english better.

IC:
After some time of this great destruction many of the survivers started returning from their secret sanctuary. There had been much debate over this, after all mourning. Gifts were sacrifised for dead, so they could carry something with them to realms of Kord.
Ergoth-Nog, last of living heroes led these men, whose respect he had gained amidst these battles. His saddness was great. So meaningless seemed to be deaths of his wise father Jenda-Nog, king of his people. He didn't know if it was in him to lead his people now, as they were demanding. Many of,them wanted war, revenge, on uncaring demi-god, Forrester of Chaos and other outsiders who had brought only destruction with them. Some had brought good things, but constant betrayals had made them wary. Jenda-Nog wanted to hold unto memory of good will and trust,he owned that much for his best friend, Elvor of Ratik, who was now amongh dead, as was Elvor's wife and unborn baby child.
In the end, had it been wisdow to stay down and only involted when it was absolutely needed, sometimes not even then, unless it had been something threatening their lands.
Not that Elvor's allies had tried to contact either of, nor Jenda-Nog very often.
He didn't know, if he liked joining with barbarians that much. They had been untrustworhy and looting sort, taking opportunities, and they seemed to love hating Aedri. Despite these issues and cultural differenses they actually had managed to get things together, or almost so.

Many had learned to love nature and it's creatures, but their distrust for outsiders was still very strong. Oh, and they hadn't given up looting and raiding either.
Ergoth-Nog felt bad for certain betrayal amidst their own. King Morreg of Snow Barbarians had given in to his dark heart at times of last troubles before this one, and tried to join with his loyalists with armies of Iuz, who seemingly had been greatest leader to be followed in his mind. Like father like son, after all. Morreg had had his faults yes, but this had hit Ergoth-Nog complitely by surprise. Nobody knew what had happened to Morreg after that. He had taken with him many valuables and skipped, just before Elvor found out his true loyalities. Morreg probably died in flames, like many others.
Ironically, Ergoth-Nog himself was only alive, because Elvor has hoped him to lead people to their secret sanctuary. Katha the witch, eludant immortal, was likely to be another, though their divinations didn't find anyone else. Katha couldn't die, which apprantly seemed to be everybody's fate now.
So this is how it feels to be a little man in universe, that does not care if you live or die or whatever you were never here at all.
It's starting to grow on me, Ergoth-Nog thought.
Still he felt hopeful.
They had magic, elementals and strong arms and minds ready to work for restoration of their lands. Of course, without help, or without greater art of magic it was going to take years. If it would, so would it be. Maybe some or their allies would want to share some tools to restore the air.

((Well, what kind of answer Ergoth-Nog receives?))

Kaella, beautiful elven druid approaches Ergoth-Nog. "We have almost everytime we need, but we lack the knowledge of ancient true rituals". "Surely one of our allies greatest magicians are able to do them for us." "No, Chosen One, we need very specific ancient rituals, not great power. It is likely Katha the Witch has knowledge of them, she used to live at ancient times according to my people's legends.
"I don't know. Trusting crazy cursed immortal who didn't help us last time, is not something I feel like doing after all this. But since she hasn't accually harmed us either, contacting her might not be such a bad move, if she chooses to answer that is. I just hope you are wary of her advices."
"We are."
Should we call back our dead?
Ergoth-Nog answers:
No. Death is part of evertal cycle of life. Energy and souls are eternal, until true incarnation of Entropy takes it back to Void where none exist.
There is no reason why we should torture our dead heroes, who already have done best they could and protected us others this far, by calling them back amids this sorrow, where we can't give them back everything they lost, or even hope, that future sacrifises are going to recreate the joy of life they lost.
It is place of those who survived now walk this path and create our fate. Maybe we call later spirits of our dead heroes to show them the joy their sacrifise helped to accomplish.
But before there is such thing to show. No. And even when that kind of time should come, it is not our right to force their spirits to have life of body, when they are now enjoying life of soul.

ANSWER: A voice speaks to Ergoth-Nog. It is fatherly, it is kindly, and it is stern:

Look around you.
Behold the fields that were.
Behold the tall trees that stood.
Behold the clean rivers that once flowed.
Behold the majestic mountains that once stood.

Now, behold what is.
Those who did this thing, continue in their destruction.

Who will stop them?
Who will choose to stand and fight for the world?

You must fight the fight.
You must win the battle.

The Pact was to defend.
But when life loses it's value, and is taken for naught, the Pact is: to avenge.

- - -

Kalanyr

Nice Zelda. The only flaw I can see with your english is some of the words are in the wrong order. Much like my french only way better.

ANSWER: English is a very difficult language to learn.
I applaud all of you from non-English speaking countries - most of you use English far better, on these boards, than many of my fellow Americans.

Melkor-No Problems and I enjoy watching you think you can outwit the Dark Powers and considering I can name the two creatures who have done that in the entire history of Cannon Ravenloft (1 Being Vecna (Lesser Power,Lord of Secrets,Tricked Iuz into helping him) and 1 being Lord Soth (this one by author fiat alone)) I really don't like your chances.

ANSWER: Kalanyr is quite right. Only 2 Darklords in the history of Ravenloft ever outwitted the Dark Powers. And one of them was, I believe, due to a request from the Dragonlance people.
Trust me when I say the Dark Powers are very dangerous. They are more dangerous than Vecna, even. Be very careful in your dealings with them, when you locate them - and locate them you will, Melkor.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Let me disillusion you. Any people in IR whose co-operation has been fruitful in long stand are those bad guys with insanely destructive goals. Destruction has been a plenty.
Need any more?
I can pick incarnation of entropy as my PC if you start to feel bored. Then we could have truly Gary Gygax- kind of ending.
Anyone read old dragon book, Dragonomicon, Draconomicon or something. It had dragon god called Garyx the Destroyer. Coincidence? I think not.

ANSWER: I have heard Gary Gygax destroyed Oerth in his books, although I have not read the final ones.
However, the ending of the IR will not be determined by me, but by you, the players. If you choose destruction for the world, so be it. If you choose paradise for the world, so be it.
I am the DM, and I am neutral in this matter.

- - -

Anabstercorian

Responses to questions

ANSWER: Dear Gods! Now HE'S started responding to questions! It's insanity. It's spreading. Quick, get a doctor! Get the paramedics! AHHHHHHHHHH .....

The city is a glorious one, built on a ribbon of ebony a hundred miles wide, with vast spired citadels that rise miles in to the sky, the star-filled, beautiful sky. The city continues in to the horizon, exchanging sky-scrapers for a vast dome containing a pressurized atmosphere and an illusionary sky, where herd-beasts roam confusedly. Anabstercorian sees it from above, a vast belt around the equator of the sun, yet still almost invisible compared to that stars vast bulk.

<< No, Kalanyr, I am not blocking out the sun. I don't have the resources to do that at all quickly. I am merely creating a starbelt, a star-born city. A city on a golden hill, I suppose you could say. Those of you who choose to remain on Oerth will not be hampered by its presence. >>

OOC: Melkor, this is an interlude - Attacks aren't going to be resolved until the beginning of turn 7. Be patient, oh evil overlord.

ANSWER: Beautiful description, Anabstercorian! I like it! Nice rping.

And, on a lighter note, who says the so-called ugly illithid can't build things of grace and beauty?
I think it has been shown the illithid can rival the greatest of elves, in the building of things beautiful and wondrous.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Edena.

I'm attempting to Claim/Ally all forces that are good or neutral on Athas.
If there are people who want my help and want to ally with me.... (they can join the hive if they want to... but I'm not forcing it up to them. I'm just propagating it and how beautifull and perfect 1 mind is.)
if there are people who want to ally or need help and they are good/neutral I will come in force to aid them against the new threat.
Evil powers must submit themselves to the hive mind before I help them. And thus effectively turning them to LN.
Black Omega I hope I can see the Seelie join me in the eradicating of evil and red goo from Athas.
After we stop the plague from spreading we can concentrate on Oerth and make it the center of the conflict.

ANSWER: Some (I stress the some) of the people of Athas come over to your side, Forsaken One, after prolonged psionic communication.
But, although these are technical neutral people, they aren't the most nice people - cannibalistic halflings, slave overlords from the Last Sea, mercenary elves who kill all outsiders, mercenary thri-kreen who feed on humankind, and various intelligent monsters who dislike the invasion of this world.
A few people from the cities, who see in you hope for their own future.
And most importantly, you get the dwarves of Athas. They are probably the most enlightened and noble of the remaining peoples of Athas, and they join in voluntary and true alliance, to help you rid Athas of the accursed Shade and their Red Poison.

This means a major war, on Athas, between Forsaken One and Melkor, on Turn 7.
Everyone is welcome to take sides ...

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Anabstecorian , my invasion started in 6th turn, and Edena said it was pretty succesful.
And Kalanyr, you make me laugh, you think these two names impress me, if Dark Powers are so weak that they couldn`t keep these two in Ravenloft, than I have NO reason to be afraid of them.

ANSWER: BE AFRAID. BE VERY, VERY AFRAID. I will NOT pull punches, when I roleplay the Dark Powers!!
You may not understand the Ravenloft Campaign Setting - you WILL understand the Ravenloft Campaign Setting, before I am done.
My most powerful and oldest character, Edena, 160th level, shudders when he hears the name Ravenloft even mentioned. He does so, for very good reasons.

- - -

'o Skoteinos

*deleted*

ANSWER: Hmmm ... can I undelete this? Where is my magic DM's wand? I knew I had it somewhere ...

- - -

Kalanyr

To Anab

<<Very well, Chosen One. I must credit your cunning, resourcefulness and intelligence.
But I think that we will meet in battle over something, given the fundamental difference in our nature and beliefs. But I hope the time is not soon.>>

ANSWER: Stays out of this one, but chuckles anyways ... Turn 7 is going to be lively, methinks ...

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Hey, listen all. Melkor is prepering us for valuable "evil is stupid after all" - lesson. :p

LOL

((Nah, no idea how powerful they are really. But then again, Melkor is one dark power against several dark powers behind Ravenloft, I'd except.))

ANSWER: (solemnly) Compared to the Dark Powers of Ravenloft, as described in official supplements, Melkor and Iuz (and even Vecna) aren't very bad people at all, in comparison.
I genuinely hope you all do not find this out the hard way. But then, I am the DM, and I must play the bad guys, and I will. And if I win, the bad guys win ... it is incumbent upon all of you to stand against me, and win against the true IC enemy in the IR.

- - -

Tokiwong

OOC: Get ye mitts of them Eternal Empire folks.... mine mine mine... 'o Skoteinos... LOL hope you get the Scro League... got big plans for the Eternal Empire...

ANSWER: 'o Skoteinos, you are putting a claim on the Eternal Empire?

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Well, I must admit I might be a bit overconfident, and this overconfidence only increased after Melkor merged with Red Goo.. but I have unquestionable faith, faith in MYSELF, I cannot admit possiblity of failure, I am a GOD, greatest of all.

ANSWER: Heh. Cheers! Evil, supreme and victorious, dauntless and fearless. It's hard to be humble, when you're the best! Good rping, Melkor.

- - -

Tokiwong

OOC: You go boy... take them Dark Powers... you know I got your back... well you know what mean...

ANSWER: Tokiwong, is 'o Skoteinos contesting you for the Eternal Empire?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers, comments, and rulings concerning your posts from page 4 of this thread

Zelda Themelin

Now, this is cool my me, really. Hahaa, maybe now Edena gets enough inspiration to invent what dark powers actually are.

ANSWER: Melkor's enthusiasm has helped this IR immensely. Maybe even saved it from dying, at one point. Cheers to Melkor! :)
I already know what the Dark Powers are. Long before this IR, I made the decision on what they were. But not even Zouron, my long friend, knows what I have decided.

I never appreciated the fact, it was kept mystery. Well, maybe at the time. But not if Melkor wants to start wrestling match, oh, no, I want hear every decicious detail.
Yep, and I freely admit it is entiry possible Melkor might be able to get away with it. This is universe of possiblities, after all. Well, pretty near swinging on the edge of destruction currenly, but oh, there still are possiblites, a lot of them.
Now, how do you think Melkor's dark realm would look like?

((In desparate need of sleep...))

ANSWER: What would Melkor's Dark Realm look like? Hmmm ... orgies taking place in baths full of Red Goo, men and women laughing merrily as they hurl Red Goo at each other, Red Goo (which is slick) being used for various erotic purposes ...

- - -

Anabstercorian

Thank you, Kalanyr

If you so desire, you are welcome to visit the new Penumbral Hub's construction site. It is far from finished.

ANSWER: If Anabstercorian succeeds in this, it will make Greyspace into a civilization comparable to Realmspace.
A city, so big it girdles the sun. Filled with highly intelligent and lofty beings (well, one could assume the illithid might turn lofty ... but with Anabstercorian, I can predict nothing.)
A city, magnificent, beautiful, and overawing in it's strength and size.

The Penumbral Hub.

- - -

Tokiwong

Iuz contemplates the Right Path and opens his eyes... flaring with glowing power... his salient senses hearing everything within miles... of his postion... "I know the way... the Eternal Empire is first step to destiny..."

ANSWER: Unless 'o Skoteinos is contesting your claim. In which case I ask you two to try to negotiate a settlement. If you cannot, I must arbitrate (sigh) who gets what.

- - -

creamsteak

As stated earlier, it is my desire to claim the Church of Mercy

ANSWER: I see no contestants to this claim. Unless there are, the Church of Mercy goes to Creamsteak.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

“Wishing on a dream that seems far off,
Hoping it will come today.
Into the starlit night,
Foolish dreamers turn their gaze,
Waiting on a shooting star.

But, what if that star is not to come?
Will their dreams fade to nothing?
When the horizon darkens most,
We all need to believe there is hope."

Nighty Night, people.

ANSWER: I do like your poetry and stories, Zelda. Nice rping.
I still think you should choose one of the Powers. Make the shooting star come. Even if you must hit someone with it, because they won't stop trashing everything in sight.

- - -

Serpenteye

Hmm. The Church of Mercy seems to have a lot in common with the church of the God-Emperor. Maybe they could be merged.

ANSWER: I realize there appear to be similarities, but there are few such, and many differences. A merging is not possible - I would disallow it, if someone tried this.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Serpenteye, I think you and Draco deserve to control Mina and her forces - you were close allies and both represent very lawful evil.

ANSWER: They might deserve it. But the new open Powers must go to those players with 10th level magic or 9th level magic only.
If Powers remain unclaimed, I will play them.
It would be very unfair for someone who already had 11th level magic to double up (except only in the case of Mr. Draco and Serpenteye, who can double up - but that is a reward for 2 months of sacrifice and plotting.)

- - -

Tokiwong

OOC: They may deservbe it.. but they already have 11th level magic... and so that wouldn't be fair I wager... not that I promote fairness... still want that Eternal Empire of Toril...

ANSWER: And you will have the Eternal Empire, if 'o Skoteinos isn't challenging for it.
You and 'o Skoteinos need to talk, if there is a conflict.

- - -

Serpenteye

Thanks, so do I. It was the God Emperor who brought Mina to Oerth in the first place, and when I did that I assumed the Union of Oerth would gain control over her and her armies.
But I suppose that since we researched 11th level magics (unaided by "fate") during turn 6 we won't get Mina and her forces. We have other plans, though. Other paths to greatness.

ANSWER: That's right. Unaided by fate. Thus, Serpenteye and Mr. Draco can double up their Attack and Defense.
As for Mina, you allowed a GREAT evil into the world of Oerth, when you allowed Mina into the IR.
I am betting you knew this then, however. (grins)

Edena
All the plans Mr Draco and I e-mailed to you for turn 6 are (when applicable) enhanced by 11th level magics. This includes the flesh-and-energy-golem-project and the gathering of the raw materials for it.

ANSWER: WARNING. Let me remind you - IF YOU USE 11TH LEVEL MAGIC FOR ANY PROJECT THAT LASTS FOR OVER ONE HOUR (the above project will last longer than that) YOU CANNOT LAUNCH AN ATTACK OR DEFENSE GREATER THAN CATEGORY 3 (even doubled up, Serpenteye and Mr. Draco could not Attack or Defend at greater than a 6.)
TO OBTAIN A CATEGORY 4 ATTACK OR DEFENSE (8 doubled for Mr. Draco/Serpenteye), YOU MUST SPEND ALL YOUR 11TH LEVEL MAGIC PREPARING FOR SAID ATTACK AND DEFENSE, FOR THE ENTIRE DAY.
TO OBTAIN A CATEGORY 5 ATTACK OR DEFENSE (10 doubled), YOU MUST SPEND ALL YOUR 11TH LEVEL MAGIC PREPARING FOR SAID ATTACK AND DEFENSE, FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK.
TO OBTAIN A CATEGORY 6 ATTACK OR DEFENSE (12 doubled), YOU MUST SPEND ALL YOUR 11TH LEVEL MAGIC PREPARING FOR SAID ATTACK AND DEFENSE, FOR ALL OF TURN 7.

- - -

The Forsaken One

And I think I deserve to control the unseelie Argumetned why about 2 times this interlude now

ANSWER: You deserve it, Forsaken One. But you have 11th level magic. I must give Valky's Unseelie to someone who doesn't have said magic. My regrets.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Well, Forsaken One, you=LN, while Unseelie=CE, I think Sollir is much more suitable.

ANSWER: Well, I'll say this - if NOBODY claims Valky's Unseelie, then I will.
You do not want me, the evil DM, to control the Unseelie. Trust me. Better that Melkor have them, than Yours Truly. If I get control of them ... (really evil grin)

- - -

The Forsaken One

But this player helped the Unseelie from valkys for 2 turns, played them while he was ill, harbored them in his hives and protected them. And this player already has alot of unseelie
Get the point ?

ANSWER: Yes. If you had only 10th level magic, you'd have them now, Forsaken One.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Greedy ant!

ANSWER: Stays out of this.

The Forsaken One

Haha, expected something better then that from you o dark one
Do I see a god here without a evil, caught remark? A quick line, a humiliating sentence?
You disappoint me

ANSWER: I see Turn 7 will see quite a war between these two. It is already raging on Athas now between them ...

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

You thing you deserve my notice?! You see, I don`t usually pay much attention to ants, I just step on them if there are any in my way!

ANSWER: Watches this sparring.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Time will tell.. time will tell......
Talking doesn't hurt, nor does it impress.
And the less attention you to pay me.. the better.
And I find the fact that you underestimate me amusing.
In the end we'll see who and what's left, the one who's tale will spread on for ever shall be the victor.
Time will tell Melkor, time will tell.

ANSWER: Watches this sparring ...

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Well, I am actually looking forward to the moment when Vaeragoth achieves Red Ascendance, wilingly or not, she will be one of my mightiest leutienants!

ANSWER: Watches this sparring ... smiles evilly ...

- - -

The Forsaken One

MIghty....
Well at least you got something right this time

ANSWER: Well, if they can fill 4 pages over whether a cat can defeat a commoner, in Rules, I suppose they could have quite a match here ...

- - -

creamsteak

Forsaken One:

Don't worry about lowering yourself to Melkor's level. In my opinion Melkor hasn't done anything better than negative energy nuking the red goo, which was one of the first ideas to cross everybody's mind. You, on the other hand, have been impressively diligent in getting many more... discreat... ideas out there.

ANSWER: Watches the sparring turn into insults.

- - -

The Forsaken One

Thank you cream, I am glad some people are starting to respect my work.
But there are other players fare more cunning then me in this IR.
The DM most of all and several other players.
If I have met my match here, it seems I'll have to rise above myself.
In the end we'll know who was right.

ANSWER: Thank you for the compliment. However, you are the heart and soul of the IR, not me. You, Melkor, Creamsteak, and the others.

- - -

Anabstercorian

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think Melkor has guts
I mean, come on! The guy just SWEATS evil. He's so evil it's scary. I mean, he's just this mindless all-consuming destructive force! He makes this game what it is. I'm all for him, and I'd love to have him in my Earth IR game.
Props to Forsaken One, too - He's like a stealth bomber, man, you never see it coming till you see the flash of the A-Bomb. I'd love to have him in my game too, preferable as some secret society like the Illuminati.

ANSWER: Cheers, Anabstercorian! You are right, about them both. But you forgot someone who is very clever, very nasty, and very dangerous - a certain illithid called Anabstercorian!

- - -

The Forsaken One

The stretch of land between guts and stupidity is very small.
But evil he is, and damn that he plays it well.

ANSWER: (frowns) Stupidity? Well then, I fear we must rename all paladins. Considering the way I see most paladins played, I must assume the illithids ate their brains when they were children, and replaced what they ate with ectoplasmic goo from New Umbra. :)

(best quote by far from the latest couple of threads)

quote:

The guy just SWEATS evil.

ANSWER: Gods, sweat? A good question. I'll bet Pan, Sune, Aprodite, and Sharess sweat quite a lot ...

- - -

Tokiwong

OOC: All this talk about evil... man... evil this... evil that... blah blah... well i will admit Melkor is a smidge more evil then Iuz...

ANSWER: Is this an IR, or a Who Is Most Evil contest? Hmmm ... the DM declares himself the winner!

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Hurrah for Melkor daring to play so deliciously evil all the time, even at times it was not for his best intrests of survival to be so evil all the time. Yeh, there were few little slips, I recall, but that's small.
The Forsaken One, you are so filled with nasty ideas.
Anabstercorian, you are my personal favourite.
Ah, you are all great.
Sleep Zelda... Sleep...

ANSWER: Cheers, Zelda!

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Yes.. but Iuz is da man!

ANSWER: Well, he might be ... but Melkor has Forrester's concubine (about the most beautiful and intelligent girl in all of Realmspace)

- - -

The Forsaken One

Hey I'm trying to be LN here

ANSWER: (smiles)

- - -

Serpenteye

I agree. Lord Melkor is by far the most evil character in the IR (except maybe Iuz).
The rest of us seem almost good in comparison.

ANSWER: And what about the poor, underappreciated DM? Heh ... so you think Melkor is the most evil Power in the IR, eh? Well then, time to show you some real evil ... :)

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers, rulings, and comments concerning your posts from page 5

Mr. Draco

Ok, I'm caught up, but one question: what's an avangion?

ANSWER: A butterfly. You turn from human to butterfly as you progress from 20th to 30th level (2nd edition.) A very large butterfly.
You gain enormous power, enormous special abilities, and you become a very great power for good and life, on the parched, ravaged world of Athas.
To this date, it has never been successfully accomplished, although some Preservers (good mages) have gotten close.

Avangions are really an Athian concept - they can exist elsewhere, but the concept - of a butterfly that brings light and good to a world of evil, ruined by Defiling magic, full of hate and fear - is really best suited to Athas.
Elsewhere, it has far less meaning - you are just another powerful being.

You must be able to throw psionic enchantments to become an Avangion - that is, you must be a mage and psionicist both, and have achieved 20th level in both classes.

Of course, with 11th level magic, all of those rules go out the window ...

- - -

The Forsaken One

As far as I know a ultimate good creature of immense power.
Native to Athas.

ANSWER: Yes.

- - -

Tokiwong

Iuz the spoon king

Hope you read that post hehe, I thought it was quite amusing
"The Spoon King... hmm what a delicious idea..." Iuz quips...

ANSWER: I missed that one. Spoon King, eh? Hmmm ... well, you DID dig out the brains of someone you believed was a traitor with a rusty spoon (Iuz did do this), so I guess you can be annointed Spoon King.

OOC: Mr. Draco short answer is that an Avangion is a type of creature good wizards (preservers) ones who do not raavge the land only taking enough may become... it is a magical creature and beyond that i know little... but they are native to Athas

ANSWER: I wish to elaborate on this. On Athas, you can be a mage, or you can be a mage that advances at twice the normal rate.
This second kind of mage is known as a Defiler, for his magic uses up the lifeforce of the land, killing plants in the local vicinity, rendering the soil sterile.
The more powerful the spell, the wider the area of destruction, and the deaths spread to animals, and finally, at 10th level, Defiling Magic kills humans, demihumans, and humanoids.

Defilers are the reason Athas is a vast desert, devoid of any standing water (except the Last Sea), where the temperature rockets to 140 Fahrenheit in the shade by day, and drops to 0 Fahrenheit at night (except on the Forest Ridge, where it goes up to only 100 by day, and drops to freezing at night.)
And those are the friendly regions. On the tablelands, it's worse.
Go south to the Blackened Lands, and it gets far worse yet (and there are legions of sentient, intelligent undead there ... and, since Acererak's Ascendance, guess who they now serve?)

- - -

Sollir Furryfoot

Avangions and the Dragon Kings were once mortals, but through 10th level Magic and Psionics as well as time they ascended to what they are...Avangions are good as opposed to Dragon Kings being normally evil....Melkor you still haven't answered my question...did you even *think* about Athas before we all posted our plans and I posted that I wished to make peace with the Dragon Kings there?

Also, I will claim Mina and her Knights (as well as the Dead of Krynn), Hellmaster and Mina have several similarities, I think they would do well together

ANSWER: Very well. I will put down that Sollir is claiming Mina and the Knights of Neraka.

NOTE TO SOLLIR:

Mina and the Knights of Neraka and the Church of Mercy (claimed by Creamsteak) CANNOT AND WILL NOT get along!!
Cooperation between them is possible only in total extremis, and neutral relations are not possible - if you have not read Dragons of a Fallen Sun and Dragons of a Lost Star, buy the paperbacks and read them.
You won't be disappointed, either by the books, or by Mina.

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Yep, but Dragon Kings got much cooler ascension ritual. Sacrifices and ziggurats (how you write it) and stuff, oh, and they get to look cooler too.
Avangion brings to my mind some cross between butterfly and alien (you know, greys). I truly wonder how they are ultimate creatures of good, well, Athas is a weird world.

ANSWER:

Dragon Metamorphosis is sorta painful ... and it requires you sacrifice thousands of people ... it's not the nicest experience.

Avangion Metamorphosis is peaceful, pleasant, and requires no sacrifice of people.
It takes longer though - it takes years, and possibly decades.

Again, with 11th level magic, those rules go out the window ... (sighs)

- - -

Mr. Draco

Edena, a question: While looking over the 11th level combat rules, i noticed that an attacker can never take any damage (i.e.- loose any of their mages/clerics). Is this intentional?

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ:

Correct, Mr. Draco. You never lose any of your mages or clerics when you make an Attack.

However, you lose mages and clerics when you are Attacked. How many do you lose? That depends on the strength of the Attack, strength of the Defense, and my dice rolling (there is some luck involved.)

- - -

Alyx

OOC: My claim to power

Edena,

I would like to claim to 11th level magic of the Church of Toril. To be honest, I had at first considered to remain out of this claiming session, but 11th level magic is looking more and more like a neccessity in the coming ages of darkness.
If I get the time, I'll try and offer further justification, out of a personal need for such.

ANSWER: You don't need a justification. You are perfectly fit for the Church of Toril. If Reprisal runs the United Commonwealth, he will have a dependable ally at his side.

- - -

Sollir Furryfoot

(article accidentally deleted)

ANSWER: Noted, Sollir. I will change your claim to Valky's Unseelie.

- - -

dagger

Which ones are open?

The United Commonwealth of Toril is now an open power.
The Eternal Empire of Toril is now an open power.
The Church of Toril is now an open power.
The Church of Mercy is now an open power.
The Scro Star League of Toril is now an open power.
Mina and her Army are now an open power.

ANSWER: Well, as of the MOMENT I am writing this, here are the claims:

Alyx: Church of Toril (good)
Creamsteak: Church of Mercy (good)
Sollir: Mina and the Knights of Neraka (evil)
Tokiwong: Eternal Empire of Toril (neutral and evil) ('o Skoteinos may be contesting this claim)

Of course, you may contest any of these claims.

If Reprisal claims the United Commonwealth of Toril, however, it is automatically his.

- - -

Reprisal

I do believe that Creamsteak wanted to take over the Church of Mercy...

Oh yeah, hey everyone!

Post Edit:

After receiving an e-mail and sending one back, I'm thinking of returning to the fold, of course, I'm somewhat confounded by the entirety of these proceedings, but I should be able to handle it as long as I get some help in the beginning.
In any event, I'm going to ask Edena to put a hold on The United Commonwealth of Toril until I can make my decision of wether or not I want to dive into the deep end ...

ANSWER: I do not need to say how honored and delighted I am, to hear from you, Reprisal, once more.
I most certainly will put the United Commonwealth of Toril on hold, for you.
I hope you can play - the 100 billion people of the United Commonwealth are threatened ... enemy nations from abroad have obtained 11th level magic and threaten the UC with it. The Eternal Empire of Toril (Kara-Tur) threatens. The Scro Star League is arrogant now.
And worst of all, Reprisal, Realmspace is slowly sliding into Ravenloft. Of the sixth Touches needed to cause that to happen, two have occurred and number three is approaching.
The atrocities, mass murder, and flagrant use of the evil substance called Red Goo, has caused the Mists to rise, and to shroud Realmspace in a gloom, through which the sun shines blearily into Toril's green atmosphere.
Already, people are changing. They cannot die ... they regenerate or simply continue, mortally injured. But it is not a gift, this immortality. It is a trap.
People are taking delight in pain, and no clerics can heal them, or change their mentality back, and Loviatar's cult has flourished, and come out into the open - even the United Commonwealth can do nothing, for it's own soldiers would mutiny.
Sick, twisted ideas are coming into people's minds, and altruism and goodwill are fading.

And the Church of Shade, long an underground movement on Toril, has arisen in might on Oerth, which it has devastated, and now it is attacking Athas, seeking to destroy that world.
And now, with the Change, the Church of Shade may well launch an all out 11th level attack on the United Commonwealth, hoping to destroy your mages and clerics, thus depriving you of any magic above 10th level.

If that happens, the Church of Shade, with their 11th level magic versus your 10th level magic, would destroy or enslave your people, and the paradise - everything everyone worked so hard in the 2nd IR to achieve, all the countless millions of lives sacrificed and lost, all the wars, everything - would be undone.

Forrester long guarded the UC, and did a good job of protecting it.
Although ruthless, his tactics protected Realmspace.
But no more.

Now, Realmspace lies open to it's enemies, and the Mists of Ravenloft grow deeper and darker, fueled by hatred and fear, atrocities and mass murder, and by the power of the Red Goo (a substance comprised of the souls and spirits of those who fell in battle, their energy expended in that battle, negative emotions, and a great deal of evil magic. The Red Goo dissolves all living things it touches, automatically, unless they are shielded by magic or Oerthblood.)

- - -

Serpenteye

Hey, Mr Payne! Please join us. Your son Archcleric Hazen misses his daddy.

ANSWER: LOL. For your information, Reprisal, the Angels - who were protecting Realmspace - have abandoned their posts and moved to stand with Hazen.
Why they did this, is not clear.
WHY they altered reality so that your enemies could use 11th level magic in YOUR Crystal Sphere freely, NOBODY knows.

But all know they are most displeased with everyone, and they apparently wish everyone a chance to learn lessons.

Of the 90,000 PL that there were of Angels, only 20,000 PL remains.
The rest died fighting the Red Army, a terrible monstrous army that could have destroyed all of Greyspace and Realmspace, and which was brought to life out of the Red Goo by Iuz (Tokiwong) and especially by the Church of Shade (Melkor.)

- - -

Anabstercorian

IC Message to everybody

<< My friends, my enemies. We have fought together, and we have fought against each other. But we all - ALL of us - Have a common enemy. And that enemy is great. You all know of whom I speak. >>
<< I speak of Melkor, the Destroyer, the Consumer, the Raper, the Dominator, the Grinder of Souls, the Devourer of Hope, He Who Spawned The Red Army, The Bastard Son Of Oblivion and Despair. >>
<< You all know that he's going to destroy the world first chance he gets. I recommend we crush him in to a one-dimensional point before he can do the same to us. >>
<< I recommend we begin a focused attack on the magical assault capabilities of the Shade, and shatter his offensive power immediately. We have no chance of creating a lasting peace and denying the Dark Powers the pleasure of acquiring Oerth otherwise. His presence is too disruptive, his mind too antithetical to harmony, his form too blasphemous to the creed of peace and law for any sort of coexistence with him. >>
<< I saw we KICK HIS ASS! Who is with me? >>

ANSWER: Nice tactic. But it won't work on the people of Luna ... who you buried alive. All several million of them.

- - -

dagger

Im not sure what is claimed so ill claim # 7: The Nations of the Chosen of Mystra

I will put down your claim, Dagger.

Here are the claims so far, once more:

Alyx: Church of Toril (good)
Dagger: Nations of the Chosen of Mystra (neutral)
Creamsteak: Church of Mercy (good)
Sollir: Valky's Unseelie (evil)
Tokiwong: Eternal Empire of Oerth (evil) ('o Skoteinos may be contesting this claim.)

- - -

William Ronald

Late night replies

Hello, my friends:

I just e-mailed Gnomeworks about his computer problems. He seems to have some complex technical headaches. I think a delay of turn to let him fix it, and allow Maudlin and kaboom to return would be a good idea.
I have heard from Reprisal. He may return. If he does, here is an idea. Maybe he and Alyx can share the UC of Toril. As Mr. Draco and Anabstercorian (the former Riot Gear) know, Reprisal plays a bit differently from Forrester. I do hope Forrester returns.

ANSWER: I hope Forrester returns also. However, Reprisal gets full control of the UC if he returns - that is an absolute. Reprisal created the UC ... although he had help, the UC is truly Reprisal's child.
I will need a week or more before I am ready for Turn 7.
I have no problem with waiting for GnomeWorks, as long as everyone decides not to quit on me during the interlude!

Mr. Draco, you did have a question. The Oerth Alliance would have to consider any applications for membership. We do stand for religious tolerance and the rights of the individual. As President, I can call for a vote. We may even consider giving a potential member time to prove his true intentions.

(Your faction has had a few changes in direction, so some people may want to figure out your true intentions.)

Serpenteye -- The quote about Ian Payne was funny. Hazen is older than Ian Payne would be. He was already old during the Greyhawk Wars, 40 years before this IR.
Edena, I agree with you about the family feeling here in the IR. I may oppose some people here, but I do wish them well in life.

ANSWER: I like rping with you guys (and you, Zelda. You are our only female player.) I like you all. It has been great rping with you.

Hazen greets any representatives of the Veiled Society as honored guests, and answers their questions. He will not jeopardize the security of the Oerth Alliance in doing so, however.

ANSWER: The Veiled Alliance is looking for aid and help, and knowledge, to overcome the Defilers and to overcome the Shade who are invading their world.

Ho Skoteinos, Hazen and Kalanyr already restored your dead NPCs. You did commit your forces to help with the battle in Veluna, so I have restored your NPCs. Allies should be rewarded. Hazen would like to have them attend one of his lectures on ethics. (Ho, some of your NPCs are evil. Hazen is being very nice to them, and suggesting they reform themselves. )
Zelda, if you wish, the Kevellond League will restore your dead NPCs. However, I think you can legitimately ask Edena for new NPCs. Maybe these people recently rose to power. Or some may have been magically imprisoned or travelling forward in time. Slerotin., Last Mage of Power of the Suel Imperium, might be a good Greyhawk NPC to claim. He urged the Suel to goodness and not to fight amongst themselves. (See pg. 64 of the Living Greyhawk Gazetter for details.) He might even know Katha. It would give her someone to talk to who would have a common frame of reference.
I would like to say again that I appreciate Edena's efforts in running this IR. We all should express our gratitude every know and then to him.
Tokiwong: Your Iuz posts have been fine examples of role playing and humor.

ANSWER: Thank you all for playing. :)

I am making a ruling now, and hope you will pass it along: Kas achieves divine ascension, becoming a demigod. His PL increases to 20.

- - -

Sollir Furryfoot

(If it's alright Edena, Hellmaster will contact Athas-I was afraid if I did it recently I would be accused of metagaming, but this was my intent since the time where everyone started getting help from other worlds)
(If I am metagaming here, please tell me and I will edit this)

ANSWER: You are not metagaming. Everyone knows of Athas by now.

Images of Hellmaster Phibrizzo appear towards the Dragon Kings, him kneeling in their presence and respectfully greeting them, asking for a few words and waiting their reply before speaking.
"You are the mighty, the powerful, Dragon Overlords of Athas, gods in your own right, I greet you. My name is Phibrizzo, not one of your people-as I have imagined several stranger people have come before...I use no powers to amplify my presence, your wisdom is too great for it if I tried, I do not mock you, I wish to help you. You are being mislead by these people...your people are being attacked by a thing unfamiliar to you...yet the ones you are allying with are even closer allies to the ones who are attacking you! The world where these fiends come from is Oerth, a world very different from yours, hosting many plagues and pests like them...in Oerth there is much that you people here are deprived from, resources such as water-which is abundant! As well as powerful metals and powers to test your great mental prowess and magicks...As well as what you need to help you against this problem you have been situated in. Oerthblood, seeping from the wounds of our planet I share its secrets to you freely as a sign of friendship. Even more, I invite you to become the allies of my nation, one who has never lifted a hand upon you or is an ally with those who wish to destroy you...Come with me, come into Oerth, raise your armies...we shall set aside a glorious nation for Athas, one which resources hold aplenty...help us defeat our enemies, this red goo which scourges you...this fake ally of yours, these liars, cheaters, charlatans! You are both mighty in strength and intellect and we hold much in common...I leave you with your decision."

ANSWER: The Dragon-Kings answer: Hail, Hellmaster Phibrizzo. Words speak much, but actions speak more.
Will you come and aid us against these Shade?
One good turn deserves another, and if you will do this we will aid you in your efforts on Oerth.

- - -

Serpenteye

Hello, to you too.

It was just a silly joke. But you have to admit that you have a lot in common with Ian Payne. He created the United Commonwealth, you founded the Alliance of Oerth. He was touched by an Angel, you became an Angel. He's generally a good guy, just like you.
Your style of writing and play also reminds me a lot of his.
Above all you're both very talented role players, but there's a lot of those in the IR.

ANSWER: William's character, Hazen, is very much like Ian Payne - that is why the Angels bequeathed much of their power on him ... they did not make him an Angel, however! (He would have become an NPC if they had done so.)
And yes, both Reprisal and William are fantastic roleplayers.
So are you, Serpenteye. :)

- - -

Tokiwong

The Eternal Empire of Iuz... errr Toril

ANSWER: ROTFLOL!!

Iuz looked at the strange clothes the gentle maidens from the Eternal Empire of Toril were fitting to his small frame. The sea-blue robe was called a kimono, Iuz merely waited as they fitted him with a belt they called an obi and then placed two swords at his side, a daisho it was called…
Iuz finally looked up to the diplomat from the Eternal Empire, “This is all very interesting…” he looked slightly amused, “and I appreciate the gifts… Xianghyu… they are in a word… lovely…”
Talindra watched the Torillian with a cautious eye… “It looks becoming Lord Iuz…”
Xianghyu cleared his throat and spoke up, “Now as to the offer made… Iuz… we have a few stipulations…”
Iuz looked up his form growing to match the height of the Torillian, “What stipulations…”
The diplomat nodded, “We demand that you work towards a better world… this Oerth is lifeless… dull… war torn… and…” the diplomat never finished… his innards lying on the floor… as the maidens gasped…
“I will be the one making the demands here…” he turned to the rest of the Diplomatic retinue…
“First you ‘demand’ a green world… well I am very much searching for that kind of world…”
The diplomats cringed in fear, “Wha… what… do you want?”
“Everything…” he smiles… as Talindra only shook her head slowly, “I want everything… the world… its soul… its flesh… its very fiber of being… I want it all… but for the present I will settle for a little less then the world… a world of my own making… think of it a whole world to exploit… and to make a jewel…”
One of the diplomats gulped… “A jewel… a world… a…” he closed his mouth as Iuz glared at him…
“Did I give you permission to speak… mortal… not while I am still in my train of thought… we shall move my Temple City of Chorazin to this world… and thanks to your mastery of magic… which I was easily able to grasp… the transition will hopefully be smooth… it will be the greatest project known to your world… to any world…”
He opens his palm and in it a spinning globe of a green and blue world forms… “I will create a world… some say it is impossible… the task too monumental… I say it is not great enough… I am the Destroyer, but is not destruction only a facet of life… and is not life a facet of creation,”
Iuz paused and gazed upon the image in his palm, “Beautiful… and perfect… that is what it is… beautiful and perfect. A world that will be green, free of conflict, a perfect world for the birth of a new order…”
The diplomats looked on in awe… “Beautiful… can this be done…”
“We shall attempt the impossible… and we shall succeed,” Iuz replied.
Talindra smiled to herself… perhaps Iuz had finally found his path…
OOC: Thanks for the kinds words you guys... anyways for my next trick... once the next turn lurches forward... not sure if this has been addressed but I am reating a Pocket Dimension... then a world to put inside said dimension... using 11th level magic... ooooh I like that...

ANSWER: The Torilian Border Guard IMMEDIATELY alerts the daughter of Ian Payne that the Guard of the Eternal Empire allowed Iuz into Realmspace.
From that point on, Iuz is tracked - he cannot avoid this tracking, this scrying - every second he is in Realmspace.
And what he has just done is seen by all the officials of the United Commonwealth of Toril, who pass the information along to the Church of Toril, the Church of Mercy, Hope Isle, and the Scro Star League.
As for the Eternal Empire, they invited Iuz to Toril ... he's their problem now ...

It is up to Reprisal, if he plays the UC, how to react to this post, and the threat Iuz represents, having taken over the Eternal Empire of Toril (which occupies all of Kara-Tur and parts of Realmspace.)

- - -

Alyx

Very well Edena. If it is your wish that I take the UC, I will do so willingly. I will rescind the same if you so request.

ANSWER: If Reprisal does not claim it, I request you do so - and READ THE ARTICLE IMMEDIATELY ABOVE THIS ONE.

However, Reprisal has asked me to put the United Commonwealth on hold for him, and if he claims it, he GETS it - he created it!
Your claim to the Church of Toril still stands, Alyx.

- - -

- - -

'o Skoteinos

Edena, I claim the Unseelie.

ANSWER: Ok, we have a contested claim. Both 'o Skoteinos and Sollir are claiming Valky's Unseelie. I request the two get together and discuss the matter.

- - -

Tokiwong

OOC: I got the Eternal Empire... weehah... time for two fisted Samurai Kara-Tur styled justice...

ANSWER: Yes. It is yours. 'o Skoteinos is not contesting it, but instead contesting Sollir for the Unseelie formerly played by Valkys.

- - -

The Forsaken One

May I remind everyone that noone is aware of my PC trick and noone is aware of the fact that i can create the dreams with my geestesstorm Artifact

ANSWER: That is correct.

- - -

Festy_Dog

Just posting again that i want the scro star league, they sound kewl, and useful cuz i reckon i could bulk them up a little with my own scro.

ANSWER: Unless this is contested, the Scro Star League goes to Festy Dog.

Here are the claims so far:

Alyx: Church of Toril (or United Commonwealth of Toril if Reprisal does not claim it)
Dagger: Nations of the Chosen of Mystra
Creamsteak: Church of Mercy
Festy Dog: Scro Star League
'o Skoteinos: Valky's Unseelie (contested with Sollir)
Reprisal: United Commonwealth of Toril (this claim CANNOT be contested.)
Sollir: Valky's Unseelie (contested with 'o Skoteinos.)
Tokiwong: Eternal Empire of Toril

- - -

zouron

Hey edena a minor Q or two :)

How goes my secret project? I mean is it accelerated with the use of 11th level magic or remain the same etc?

ANSWER: It's going well. But you only just gained 11th level magic - haven't benefitted from it yet.
Remember, if you use 11th level magic for any purpose other than making an Attack or Defense, and this use lasts longer than one hour per day, you cannot make an Attack or a Defense of greater than Category 3!!

11th level magical research is useless if your opponents blow your mages and clerics to smithereens, thus reducing you back to a Power with only 10th level magic.
And more useless yet, when they subsequently use their 11th level magic to blow your now defenseless Power to smithereens!

- - -

Zelda Themelin

Reprisal, please join us. It would be good to see Toril group in the hands of original player.

ANSWER: That is an understatement. And if Forrester were back, we'd have almost the full crew. And THAT would be good.

That, and I'd love to see how you respond to Forrester's action. I am not exception any specific politics here, however.

ANSWER: Forrester did his best to protect Realmspace. He may have been ruthless, he may have massacred millions of innocent people, and I am sure he could be brought up on war crimes charges - but I am ruling NOW that the United Commonwealth will do no such thing.
Forrester's actions protected the lives of 100 billion innocent people in Realmspace from some very terrible powers that would have killed or enslaved them all.
The Torilians are altruists, and they denounce some of Forrester's actions - but they appreciate his defense of their Crystal Sphere.
That may be hypocritical, but it is the way it is, and unless Forrester is treated as a hero, the United Commonwealth could find itself in a nice little civil war.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
IC Message to everybody

<< My friends, my enemies. We have fought together, and we have fought against each other. But we all - ALL of us - Have a common enemy. And that enemy is great. You all know of whom I speak. >>
<< I speak of Melkor, the Destroyer, the Consumer, the Raper, the Dominator, the Grinder of Souls, the Devourer of Hope, He Who Spawned The Red Army, The Bastard Son Of Oblivion and Despair. >>
<< You all know that he's going to destroy the world first chance he gets. I recommend we crush him in to a one-dimensional point before he can do the same to us. >>
<< I recommend we begin a focused attack on the magical assault capabilities of the Shade, and shatter his offensive power immediately. We have no chance of creating a lasting peace and denying the Dark Powers the pleasure of acquiring Oerth otherwise. His presence is too disruptive, his mind too antithetical to harmony, his form too blasphemous to the creed of peace and law for any sort of coexistence with him. >>
<< I saw we KICK HIS ASS! Who is with me? >>

Remove ads