• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 2)

Anabstercorian

First Post
To the UC:
I plead with you, good people of the United Confederacy, to forgive Forrester of his errors in judgement. Understand, however, the magnitude of the threat we faced, and face even now. We did not face enslavement, or impoverishment.

We faced utter and universal death. Forresters ruthlessness was your only capable defense. He was right to do what he did. I only wish I had his sense, some days...

Posted by Tokiwong:

Iuz appears in the presence of Melkor dressed in an emerald green kimono... an immaculate daisho at his side, "Melkor... I see you have been busy... may I applaud you on your recent actions..."

Iuz takes a seat, "So tell me... you are aware of the forces plotting against you old friend?"

Iuz smiled, "I assume you are planning the magnificent demise at this very moment... they seem to beleive they can defeat you... how deluded don't you think?"

Melkor smiles:

Indead, but I don`t even need to plan their demise, they are doing it themselves. Most of their actions against me only made me stronger, they thought my might was crushed when Shadow Throne fell, but they created The Blood Waste, which only gave me more strenght. And than Anabstecorian, this idiot really thought he can fight Red Scourge, ultimate evil, with another evil, but brought great hatred to life, desire for revenge, that I shall use against him!

Let them come, I am ready, and so is Rajaat, I assure you that Vecna`s magical capabilities are nothing compared to his, we are talking about the man who invented magic( at least on Athas), and I must admit that I am impressed by his hatred towards non-humans, its Black Flame almost equals mine. Anyway I am eagerly awaiting Ant and Squid( interesting pair, aren`t they, I wonder how would their children look like, pretty ugly I assume, but let`s not forget that Anabstecorian is asexual, and may only dream about true masculinity), and all friends they shall bring with them, more than better, more recruits for my Red Army.

Oh, and Hellmaster wil stay with us, I suggest we sponsor his divine ascendance, he shall be a worthy addition to our little Pantheon.

This Kimono of yours looks quite nice, conratulations on your subverting of Eternal Empire, Democracy is a weak, inefficient system that deserves only to be exploited! Look, my agents from Toril brought me some of these ''newspapers'', product of their decadent society, I will read you a fragment:

"The question we must all ask now is what we should do now that the actions of President Forrester and the former government have come to light? The opinion of the great majority of residents in the Commonwealth Proper are calling for the immediate resignation of President Forrester. The more hardcore CPT and Forrester detractors are calling for the immediate, forceable impeachment of the President and the subsequent criminal trial of all responsible parties... "

You see, they dare to criticize their Leader! I can assure you, no one of my servants would ever DREAM about questioning my actions. Now Forrester, propably greatest of them all, will be trialed by sheep, manipulated by this Erika, they are so weak, scared of violence, they LACK understanding of the fundamental Law Of Multiverse- that Strong, Worthy Ones should rule the weak, not otherwise! But I will let them have their peace- for NOW, let them have their orgies while entire worlds fall to the might of Red Army, until it is too late for them, and I have enough power to laugh at them, and I show them The Power Of Darkness, Of Night Eternal, that Melkor The Shadowking is NOT to be underestimated!

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Meanwhile, on the Hub, Anabstercorian is writing on a piece of parchment.

<< To do... Create new empire... Solve Luna problem... Bang Melkor up the butt to prove superiority of masculinity... Gallon of milk... >>

OOC: Great roleplaying, Melkor. I never cease to be impressed at your evil. :)

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz shakes his head with a smile, "I can see that your growing arrogance never exceeds your dedication to your cause. I applaud you Melkor, and Rajaat's philosophy is quite interesting... though I do hope you leave some races to be subjugated in your eternal crusade..."

Iuz leans back, "The Formians and the Illithid... beware their tricks... such beings have not grown to power on sheer force alone... You have my support as always Melkor, we of the Enlightened Gods of the Glowing Darkness must stand as one... if you beleive Hellmaster is ready for ascension... then we shall begin the process of petition... but I have one caveat... and only one... I want Oerth... to be whole... after the cancer has burned away... you shall leave it be... and allow me to mold it into my own image..."

Iuz smiled, "Outside of that... you have my support... your actions on Athas only show that you have a keen fighting acumen... I am pleased that you took control of the Dragon-Kings... I had to deal with subverting the Eternal Empire..."

Iuz smiled, "Oh and just as an aside... you are right... they all but serve us already... Forrester most of all..."

Last edited:

Dear Siobhan:

Nice to hear from you, Lady Fay! I assure you that Forrester`s former concubine doesn`t want to leave me, she has found new purpose of life in serving me, it seems that satisfying all my needs brings her fullfilment, how can I deny poor girl her happiness? :( Anyway I think I can release her, you can always brainwash her with mind-affecting magic, I will do it, if you come for her, personally, I once again want to see The Silver Fire in your eyes.

Melkor The Great, Lord Of Darkness, The Shadowking, Dark One, Devouver Of Souls, Bane Of The Light, Black Flame Of Hatred, Lord Of All, etc.

OOC: Is my language good?

Last edited:

OOC: Sorry for not checking my posts carefully before posting.

Melkor to Rajaat:

So we have our deal! Athas is yours, and it shall return to the glory of Blue Age! And later, you will have a chance to take part in my conquests on Other Worlds! But I don`t think you want me to leave NOW, not when mighty force of Oerthians is coming against you! And leading them are: Anabstecorian, greatest of Ililthidi, Chosen Of Ilsenine, scheming bastard who always knows how to turn a situation to his advantage, and Vaeragoth, Queen Of The Hive, mightiest Psion I know of, she is wise, she hasn`t participated in Wars on Oerth, instead greatly bulding her forces, and now she is ready to strike upon Athas! No, these are NOT to be underestimated, but together we shall crush them, and The Sands of Athas shall be their grave! But I need a stonghold to operate on this world, how about Free City of Tyr?

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
11th level headache

Edena: regarding the attack/defense for 11th level magic.

Do we just send you e-mail stating if we are attacking someone or defending someone. Or do we post any attacks/defence on the boards.

Also if we dod not state we were defending someone else then say if Zelda was attacked could I move my defense over to Zelda or must it say at me? Same questions with attacks. If Zelda as in your example decided to attack Melkor and I had a 3 attack rating but had not stated an attack this turn, could I throw my power into his? After the attack had been stated? If it is not stated on the boards then I guess the attacking player would have to e-mail me their intentions? What about the defender, do they know the attack is coming or does it happen as a suprise?

Example

Zelda e-mails you that he is going to attack Melkor, Does Melkor know this is coming? Or does he post this to the boards?

If Melkor had agreed to defend Iuz this turn can he pull his defense back to himself when the attack takes place?

How would Melkor know who to retaliate against that turn?

Remove ads