• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 2)

Tokiwong

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
The League of Warlords will claim Rajaat then, with Creamsteak's confirmation of the proposal (as well as the Unseelie, claiming Rajaat has a penalty/bonus -depending on how you look at it- with it Tokiwong)

OOC: And just what do you mean by that hmmm? :mad:

Anabstercorian

First Post
OOC Comment

OOC: Ooh! You've captured Elder Ones? Impressive feat, Serpenteye. I don't fully agree with your portrayal of them (What are pain and terror to such alien entities but empty words?) but I'm impressed at your chutzpah. Anabstercorian will be very intrigued should you ever tell him about this, or should he gain knowledge of this in some other way.
Anabstercorian is likely to be inactive for a bit, but this isn't because he is offline - He simply has nothing to say, and is brooding on his plans for the next month.

Well Tokiwong, it might be considered an advantage due to the strength you both bear, however, it may be a disadvantage as in my evil rating would probably go up, being effected by the dark touches more, and having more people against me.

Tokiwong

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Well Tokiwong, it might be considered an advantage due to the strength you both bear, however, it may be a disadvantage as in my evil rating would probably go up, being effected by the dark touches more, and having more people against me.

OOC: Well that is our lot in life... the right path is not always the most popular... but we shall perservere in the face of overwhelming odds... we shall enlighten them to the glory of the Pantheon of Glowing Darkness... it shall be in a word... cool

Last edited:

(OOC) Well I suppose Phibrizzo is a little mad at Melkor for him not inviting the Hellmaster to his pantheon while inviting Vecna, Maudlin, Iuz, and the rest so eagerly and forgetting his little ally for all those turns ;)

Kalanyr

Explorer
The messenger nods to the Storm Rider and heads in the indicated direction. He bows to Ergoth-Nog.

"Greetings, leader of these people. I am here to offer our aid to you in this time of great destruction. "

The messenger reaches into his pouch and pulls out several large flasks of Oerthblood and much food and drink (more than could possibly fit in the pouch or indeed even in a much larger backpack).

"We wish to see this planet healed for its death would pain us. We will do all we can to aid your people if you will accept our help"

The messenger steps back and awaits a respone, nodding to Arch-cleric Hazen and for a second the Arch-cleric could swear he saw the winged drow wink a fiery orange eye at him, but when he looks again the eye is the normal red-tinge of the drow.

Serpenteye

First Post
Re: OOC Comment

Anabstercorian said:
OOC: Ooh! You've captured Elder Ones? Impressive feat, Serpenteye. I don't fully agree with your portrayal of them (What are pain and terror to such alien entities but empty words?) but I'm impressed at your chutzpah. Anabstercorian will be very intrigued should you ever tell him about this, or should he gain knowledge of this in some other way.

OOC:
:) Isn't the greatest fear of those with power powerlessness? Isn't the greatest terror of those who consider themselves superior to be enslaved by those who are like worms compared to themselves? Isn't it painful to have your soul twisted into a tool for others, to see yourself turned into a willing servant of those you despise? They might never have felt pain and terror before, now they have a very good reason to.
(I've never actually played CoC, or read the books, so my knowledge is limited. But, whatever they once were, they are no longer Elder Ones.)

Kalanyr

Explorer
In Ishtarland a group of people watch Iuz's videotape.

An old yuan-ti half-blood speaks

"He must think we are fools. The Red Scourge is deadly to this planet and the mists it brings bestow a curse disguised as a gift on all they touch."

There is general consensus among the crowd, there are a few who say somewhat more vocal things but that are a long the same lines.

A drow picks up the tape and wanders of with it.

In a room in Ishtarland the current Council (A council sits for three weeks then is replaced by volunteers, thus all have an equal say in the running of the place) sit and watch the tape, behind them sit some of the great heroes of the war.

Alytres council member in charge of co-ordination shakes his great draconian head.

"What does he seek to accomplish? To convince us he means well? To distract us from our purpose? What?"

Iggwilv merely sighs

"He hopes for worshippers and defectors to strengthen him and bolster his flagging divinity. He thinks that a veneer of good will cover the festering rot beneath. He thinks we are gullible fools in short."

Kerpatis (current council member for recreation) nods

"Yes that makes sense. "

A yuan-ti hisses
"Let usss sssssssee how our people resssspond to thissss, what they do is ever their own choice."

"Yes that makes sense. "

Edena- we will not suppress the video (we have faith our people will not fall for it) but we will watch and see what the general response is.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Tactical summary of the situation

Kalanyr, Hazen, Melkor, and Vaeregoth are all throwing their lot in to Athas and a massive war is blooming. An ancient halfling mage has just arisen there, and he wields magic that none other can match in the Crystal Sphere of Athas.

The seal on Luna is rapidly degrading, and upon its breaking, 10,000 PL worth of Red Ghosts will be released upon a terrified world.

Oerth is scarred wasteland - Although the burning fire of the fusing hydrogen leaves no atomic fallout, its sheer radioactive fury did enough damage in its short moment of existence to compensate. Water is poison, the air is dust, the earth is glass, and life is burning.

The situation on Toril is unstable. Forrester is being degraded, for despite his best attempts, it was impossible to use solar bombardment in a controlled manner. Vast destruction resulted.

Anabstercorian is building the Penumbral Hub, a city around the sun. A few brave souls are already volunteering for ceremorphosis, becoming the alien in exchange for a safe haven from burning war. He still commands the Army of Darkness and the Solistarim, and they're itching to wreak havoc. The Solistarim, seeing hope in the newfound creation of 11th level magic, seeks to heal Oerth, while the Army of Darkness is looking forward to an opportunity to conquer damn near anything, and are currently running amok in neighboring Crystal Spheres, picking up recruits and kicking ass.

Tokiwong and Melkor are in subtle alliance, and the Dark Union of Oerth is in a rapidly decaying social state.

The civilians of Oerth are primarily unharmed, thanks to the Secret Retreats, but they look upon their future and despair. Only the hope of Oerth healed keeps them going.

How much of this is accurate? Anything I should add? What's public knowledge?

Tokiwong

First Post
Re: Tactical summary of the situation

Anabstercorian said:
Kalanyr, Hazen, Melkor, and Vaeregoth are all throwing their lot in to Athas and a massive war is blooming. An ancient halfling mage has just arisen there, and he wields magic that none other can match in the Crystal Sphere of Athas.

The seal on Luna is rapidly degrading, and upon its breaking, 10,000 PL worth of Red Ghosts will be released upon a terrified world.

Oerth is scarred wasteland - Although the burning fire of the fusing hydrogen leaves no atomic fallout, its sheer radioactive fury did enough damage in its short moment of existence to compensate. Water is poison, the air is dust, the earth is glass, and life is burning.

The situation on Toril is unstable. Forrester is being degraded, for despite his best attempts, it was impossible to use solar bombardment in a controlled manner. Vast destruction resulted.

Anabstercorian is building the Penumbral Hub, a city around the sun. A few brave souls are already volunteering for ceremorphosis, becoming the alien in exchange for a safe haven from burning war. He still commands the Army of Darkness and the Solistarim, and they're itching to wreak havoc. The Solistarim, seeing hope in the newfound creation of 11th level magic, seeks to heal Oerth, while the Army of Darkness is looking forward to an opportunity to conquer damn near anything, and are currently running amok in neighboring Crystal Spheres, picking up recruits and kicking ass.

Tokiwong and Melkor are in subtle alliance, and the Dark Union of Oerth is in a rapidly decaying social state.

The civilians of Oerth are primarily unharmed, thanks to the Secret Retreats, but they look upon their future and despair. Only the hope of Oerth healed keeps them going.

How much of this is accurate? Anything I should add? What's public knowledge?

OOC: That is about spot on Anab... the situation is pretty bad... Iuz just released his statement... and there is talks of a conference to be held to deal with Forrester or somesuch...

Remove ads