(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
To which they reply to your embassy, William:

The Lortmil Technomancy just threatened us with nuclear obliteration if we did not immediately leave ... in the harshest possible terms.

There is no dealing with such as these ... they are not rational or reasonable.
Nor does the Eternal Empire take orders from savages.
The Eternal Empire does not take ultimatums from savages.

We came here to take Anabstercorian, and we might have left peacefully.
But we await the decision of the High Command.
We hope they will show these savages that we are not to be pushed around.

William Ronald

Explorer
Archcleric Hazen offers his services to diffuse tensions between the Lortmils Technomancy and the Eternal Empire of Toril.

"In the past, reasonable people have misinterprepted each other. Kessel Gnomeworks, perhaps your words were said in haste. I know that you have no desire to see our world made the colony of another, and that this concern may have motivated your words. The choice of words, however, might have been better."

"The Eternal Empire has provided a valuable service in capturing Anabstercorian. They and the Lortmils Technomancy have my respect. I offer my services to diffuse any tensions between the Eternal Empire and the Lortmils Technomancy."

"It is my hope that our better natures will prevail in this matter. Let us try to treat each other with the dignity of civilized peoples."

"Let angry words be forgiven. Let there be peace."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kalanyr, your spies with their 10th level magic report the Lortmil Technomancy is being evacuated.

To where, the spies do not know.
It is to some place that cannot be scried with 10th level magic.

Tokiwong

First Post
Malachai extends a hand

Malachai brings a small retinue of his Honor Guard to the forces of the Eternal Empire... he carries a white flag his blade peace bonded, "We come in peace and in peace I hope to leave..."

He bows, "We are greatful for your aid in capturing the diabolical creature Anabstercorian. Oerth and all of its citizens owe you a debt of thanks for your skillful and surgical strike. Had you not struck we would have done so to remove such a blight from this land. For in truth, my empire welcomes peace with the Torilians... we bid you good tidings and wish to open our borders to you. Perhaps we may speak... and speak of better tommorow... we offer friendship..."

Anabstercorian

First Post
Grrr!

What the heck, I'm not out of this yet.

==========================

Anabstercorian roars in his restraints, struggling against them. << Miserable THRALL! I'll destroy each and every one of you when I escape, each and every one of you! >>
His guards sneer, jabbing him with a powerful electrical baton. He spasms and writhes, shaking.
"Hardly, throwback. You're going straight back to Toril. And I think we both know what'll happen there."
Anabstercorian struggles to throw his mindblast, but can't do more than give the guard a mild itch. He snarls, impotently, and thinks... He'll get out of here....

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A statement comes from the Eternal Empire High Command in the Godspires:

Any nuclear attack against us will be met with a Gated nuclear attack of such power that the Lortmil Technomancy will be sterilized and it's great caverns turned into glass.
Where the heat doesn't cause them to dissolve in to lava and collapse, that is.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
In the capital city of the Lortmils...

"We do not have the facilities to handle this!" Mordan Kikane shouted at the two others present in the room. Before him laid a huge map of the Lortmils, and the surrounding countryside. "We simply have not had the time to research everything. No time. We have hardly begun to scratch the surface of the resources before us!"

"We have the nuclear facilities." A gruff dwarven woman, Diane Rethark, muttered. "We may have limited firepower, but we can handle them. We have shielding - at least, that's what Project Trojan has told me."

"This is not the way." Thoreau MacDougal, a young halfling druid, replied in an even voice. "We must not fight the Torillians. Not here, not now. We will be destroyed. Even if we manage to save our people, think of the land... nuclear weaponry is devastating."

"Very well." Mordan said. "We will tell Kessel that usage of nuclear weaponry, or any of our new sciences, is not advised at this time. That war with the Torillians would be foolish, even if we had the capabilites. The Kevellond League is completely open to attack. We cannot endanger our allies, or the planet."

"Agreed." The dwarf and halfling replied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads