(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
MASS ASSASSINATION

(I am under orders to do this, via an e-mail sent to me prior to the start of the Turn.
After making Rulings concerning the matter, I have decided on what is below.
It is not pleasant. I warned you that Turn 5 was going to be rough.)

While you are all trying to get your treasure back from Festy One, something REALLY BAD happens.

Everywhere, Red Goo erupts from the ground.
Right onto surprised and unprepared people.
Right onto NPCs.

The NPCs slump into Red Goo, then animate like the Red Goo that attacked them, and go on a blinding killing spree.

After said killing spree, the Red Goo falls back into holes in the ground, where secret veins of it had come to the surface, and flows back into those veins.

The NPCs killed this way must be Wished back to life.
Resurrection will not work.

The list of casualties is enormous.

In addition to the NPCs, there are thousands of casualties among the military and civilian population that was close at hand.

Here are the NPC casualties:

Anfaren Silverbrow, High Priest of the Lendore Isles (NPC, grey elf, cleric of all the Seldarine of extremely high level, neutral) PL 2

Bigby (NPC, human, mage of extremely high level, neutral) PL 2
Drawmij (NPC, human, mage of very high level, neutral) PL 1
Mordenkainen the Magnificent (NPC, human, mage of extremely high level, neutral) PL 2
Morrolan, Champion of the Sidhe (NPC, pixie, fighter / wizard, good) PL 1

Murlynd (NPC, demipower, was human, paladin/mage of extremely high level, lawful good, friend of Mordenkainen) PL 5

Enaroril Akn of Kas's Elite Guard (NPC of the Arcane Age, Air Genasi, cleric of extremely high level (Loyalty), lawful neutral) PL 3
Lithedenor Ytnivv of Kas's Elite Guard, Dragon Mount of Kas (NPC, Great Wyrm Amethyst Dragon, psion of extremely high level, neutral evil) PL 4

Contat Simelien, Lord General of the Crusaders of the Church of Aerdi, Third in the Clergy
(NPC, Lost Elf male, aristocrat 3 / cleric 20 / fighter 20 / wizard 17 / divine champion 10 / epic fighter 30, lawful evil) PL 3
Patricia Baat, Champion of the Union of Oerth (NPC, human female, fighter 50 / monk 20 / rogue 15 / duelist 10, lawful neutral) PL 3

Kcyldyei Baelren (NPC, high elf, figher 30 / rogue 20 / wizard 10 / initiate of the bow 10 / weaponmaster (longbow) 10 / arcane archer 10, chaotic good) PL 3
Bobo (NPC, Awakened dire bear, ECL 20 / monk 20 / fighter 40 / drunken master 10, neutral good) PL 3

Finea (NPC, human, cleric (Mystra), lawful good) PL 1
Heward (NPC, demipower, was human, bard/sorcerer of extremely high level, neutral good, friend of Mordenkainen) PL 5

Iggwilv (NPC, witch of extremely high level, chaotic good) PL 4
Keraptis (NPC, human, mage of extremely high level, chaotic good) PL 3

Kalden, Prince of Swords (NPC, demipower, was human, fighter of extremely high level, neutral) PL 5

High Guardian Taerix (NPC, skeleton (former human), fighter 20 / epic fighter 20, lawful neutral) PL 1
Glaes'yek, Beast of Xvim (NPC, Great Wyrm Black Dragon, evil) PL 3

Lord Robilar (NPC, human, fighter of extremely high level, evil) PL 1

Zagyg the Mad Archmage (NPC, demipower, was human, mage of extremely high level, chaotic neutral) PL 6

Empress Taizu Pa-Ser of Suhfang (NPC, human, cleric, neutral good) PL 1
Moghyr the Old, Leader of the Silent Ones of Keoland (NPC, human, wizard, neutral) PL 2

Those without NPCs listed also lost people, although some Powers were spared.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Scrying reveals, as you might have expected, nothing.

However, there is a defense against this attack.

You must stay away from where the veins of Red Goo come up to the surface.

Unfortunately, these veins seem to move around.

Either that, or new veins are constantly appearing in the soil, coming up to the surface.

This is especially true in those nations whose Power has a high Red Goo Ranking.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Uvenelei said:

Any foreign cults that spring up are allowed to exist, but discouraged and punished severly for any infraction of the law. If the cults are unlawful in and of themselves, they are shut down.
Loviatar is lawful evil... :p

IC: All the cults of this new deity (which we see as a mere aspect of Iuz - or possibly an impostor; opinions are divided) will be conveniently relocated to a great temple to Loviatar that will be built by my dao. It's in an easily watched, easily assaulted region in my Baklunish heartlands. Should they as much as try to fortify their position, they will be exterminated at once. Also, we subtly try do discourage the spread of this new cult by having our respectable faiths take better care of dissatisfied youths. And those rich thrill-seekers who would convert to Loviatar are will be subtly nudged towards joining some debauched sects of Olidammara instead.

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena;

I use wishes to bring my NPCs back. My forces hit the goo with magical fire.

Also, I send Kas copies of several chess games forwarded from Earth.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Mr. Draco said:
Kalanyr is requested to ressurect the members of the Union of Oerth that perished due to the Red Goo.
We want to request the same thing for our losses (if any).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads