(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 1)

dagger

Adventurer
First thing I do is open up some environmental advisory positions in the Kingdom of Ulek and the Nations of AnaKeris to a few members of the Emerald Order.

Next I will try to create a highly defensible secret portal for ease of transport between AnaKeris and the Duchy of Ulek.

Third, I will send some scouts into the Lortmills to see if they are occupied by anyone, if not and I see no signs that they have been used in a while I will send 20 PL to protect it. If the Lortmils IS occupied by Gnomeworks, then nevermind on this order. <ooc>For some reason I am thinking no one is currently living there. I might just be spacing. But if he does not want it anymore Id like to claim it. Maybe he just has everyone in a retreat or something.<ooc>

Fourth, I am going to beef up security on my retreat. Patrols, magical defenses, psionic defenses and guardians.

Fifth, I prepare all my troops for war this turn. Basically waiting for the order of the Alliance president at this point.

Spoof

First Post
Samantha looks to the other leaders of Hope Isle and wonders what will become of this world.

“OK now people, settle down. This world is in peril, and there is a good chance that none of them will make it through alive. All I hope is that we can make a difference for the better. Lord Commander are the troops at the ready?”

“Yes madam, we are ready and prepared to launch our assault upon the enemies of Oreth as we speak.”

“Good then prepare our mages to begin operation - Glass House.”

“Yes, Regent, if you will excuse me.”

At this Samantha nods to the Lord commander of Hops Isle’s troops. And wonders if what she is planning will be enough. At this she mumbles to herself “I hope Hazen received the Tears Alzem gave me for him”

“What was that Regent?”

“Oh nothing Lord Dallen, I was just taking to myself. And what the hell is taking those mages so long, don’t they know we need the Life plague yesterday. Lord Dallen go to them and get a progress report on that situation, and hurry, I need to know. Dammit Alzem, why did you have to have your stupid crisis of faith now?”

Next Samantha walks over to a communication console and brings her communication officer on the line. “Petty Officer Ronald (crackle) have to finally contacted the oth(crackle) members of the alliance yet?”
“No sir, we are still having trouble loca(crankle)ting a few of them sir.”

“Well officer that is not acceptable (crackle) we need those coordinates, we can not afford to lose (crackle) ANY forces to friendly fire. So you get me those leaders or by god I’ll have you posterior for a foot rest do you understand me!”

“Yes Regent, I will get it done”

“Good, now get to it.”

Samantha turns to one of the women sitting at the table and speaks to her next. “Lady Elizabeth, how comes our search for the Mace of St. Cuthbert, with its powers we might have a weapon to stand up to the Souls under Mina’s control.”

“As of yet we have not been able to acquire it, but I believe it is only a matter of time. Time that I am afraid might be running out”

Edena: Operation Glass House was the plan that I gave to you for my attacks this turn. If you have any questions let me know, I will inform you of where the troops will move in. Also with the new strength my enemies have I will not fight any pitched battles but hit and run attacks.

And Melkor yes and no. We have an agreement, I rid this world of Mina and then free their world from her grasp. For those purposes we have no conflict, others may arrive in time but not untill Mina and her little rag-tag group of rebels is destroyed ;)

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Edena, I'm glad you decided to come back. Do you still have my template?

One minor problem: everyone shared his / her tactic...anyone know something of "metagaming"? At least, I'm gonna check if the FoE is real before I attack it ;).

Gurdjieff

First Post
I'm still in :)

Edena, I'm real glad you're back. Without you the IR wouldn't have been the same (if there even had been an IR left ^_^)

@ 'O
Uhm, try not to? ^_^

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Edena_of_Neith said:
A public apology to Darkness, Piratecat, and Morrus, both for my posts and for breaking the ENBoard rules.

You bet. Forgiven. Go have fun. We have a few issues that we should probably work out at some point, but that can be at your leisure.

Two mandatory requirements, though:

1. Please, everyone, trust the game master and communicate with him. If something worries you, tell him. Likewise, if something is worrying the game master, make sure you talk to the players about it. Everyone try to keep an open mind.

2. Make the game go at a pace that works for all of you. If the Game Master needs to slow down the pace a little, there's no shame in that. Don't hammer him with multiple emails if you don't need to; he has his hands full, too!

Glad things are being worked out. :D Edena, if there appears to be a problem that requires a moderator and you'd prefer that Darkness (as a player) shouldn't be involved, let me know. Otherwise, I think you're all in good hands - both GM-wise, and moderator-wise.

OOC: Edena would you please be so kind to end me your creative answer on my dangerous but creative Idea with my integration plan to deserved a creative answer :)

And would you please mail me about my Geestesstorm... Hehe would you btw have ever thought that anyone was going to have the nerve to try and create such a thing ?:D You told me something about what it could do with.. you know what... maybe we just found something to haunt the people with 11th with since magic is useless against that :)
you told me I would get it finished at the end of turn 6, or half way. That might means that you will have to think about it and what it might do then. Let me know it you will let me know now or then.

U need my template again with the plots and plans or you still have it?

OOC: Darkness would you please be so kind to delete the post with everyones Ideas in it, it's jsut there to tempt people. Or at least have the ideas deleted. Thank you.

Owyeah, hope my mails to you were a help and a support to you in difficult times. THANK GOD THIS IS BACK!
Owyeah you could NOT have picked a better time. The girl who I love very very much just let me know in a 2 hour conversation that we are jsut going to stay friends and very close friends becauswe we love eachother and maybe something more will grow someday but not today. So I just finished crying my eyes out, log on and get a MSN kessage from Skot "IR = BACK". My eyes open wide and my mouth drops. I refresh the IC page on ENboards and there it was in all it's glory. Turn 6 Thread 1.
Magic words for me. Thanks man! And this IR is gonna get CPR from me even if it's the last thing I do!

------------------------

-FOULS! On your knees, NOW! How dare you question your God for seeking allies, while you cretins want to conquer World Of Oerth alone, while its defenders are 20 TIMES STRONGER than you!

As Melkor speaks and his voice thunders across space and stirrs a fright in all surrouding him he get's a strange and unwelcome surprise.

With a crackle Vaeregoth shifts in behind him and assails him. She releases a massive flow of energy upon him and she reaches inside his mind to try and crush it.

(I presume Melkor tries to kick my ass)

While the battle continues for a few moments and Vaeregoth is (presumably) buckling beneath the power of 10th and the power of an avatar she shall speak (telepathically offcourse) to the shadow army.

<<Look shades! Look at your gods incarnation, look! A mere mortal dares to defy him! Never shall I wither never shall I fall. I shall NOT be impressed or intimidated by this abomination.>>

<<NEVER! I shall fight, FIGHT, FIIIGGGGGHHHHTTTTT! ALone I cannot win so rise people of shade, RISE aside me and battle your tyrant, BATTLE him and show your prowess and power.>>

<<Prove you can stand against him, prove you are more and better then this Wretched creature of darkness so defiled and polluted. Purify yourselves, rise, and stand against the flood, rise, stand and free yourselves and purify the sacred matter of shade which is a part of me to. Free youselves!!!!>>

(OOC: Vaeregoth shall battle Melkor there and before the shade army, she shall battle until she can hardly take anymore. If it becomes very lifethreatening she shall reatreat. It is offcourse ment to show the Shade army to have faith in themselves because I have. To show them even a mere mortal dares to stand against him.
A attempt to inspire them and to help fasten their selfbelief.)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Answers and Comments to all the Posts above

To save space on the boards, rather than answer each question individually (taking a post each), I'm going to answer them all at once, in this one post.

Uvenelei

I mentioned to you in a previous email that I claimed all of Zagyg's "secret resources". What I meant is that I claim any of Zagyg's resources that I don't know exist, but that you or others do know about. I got the idea from Forsaken One's post about the Crook or Rao and Zagyg's Isle of the Ape demiplane. I don't know mush about the Greyhawk world, but it seems like Zagyg has a number of resources and demiplanes that I am unaware of. I assume that he knows about all of them and would go about reclaiming any of them that he could.

ANSWER: I am not familar with this enough, but it seems reasonable to me.
To express it in IR terms, let us say that the Alliance of the Crescent has 10 Pocket Dimension of it's own, each sized LL.
Also, these Pocket Dimensions (unlike those created by 10th level magic) have starting PLs of their own.
That being, because they have people living in them, creatures, and magical items also.
So, to the Alliance of the Crescent:

Pocket One: PL 15
Pocket Two: PL 8 (equivalent to Veluna at the start of the IR)
Pocket Three: PL 23
Pocket Four: PL 3
Pocket Five: PL 13
Pocket Six: PL 7
Pocket Seven: PL 9
Pocket Eight: PL 20
Pocket Nine: PL 17
Pocket Ten: PL 15

These places are immune to scrying by 10th level magic, because a demigod either made them, or discovered them - and subsequently shielded them.
All manner of interesting creatures and things exist in these pockets - I don't know what they are, but they are there.

Also, using 9th level magic, could I cast a spell that would increase gravity's pull over a small area?
How much greater would the gravity be over an object the size of a dinner plate? If I could convince someone wih 10th level magic to make a few of these enhanced gravity plates, how powerful would they be?
note: I'm looking for an answer like 10 times normal Oerth gravity, or 100 times, etc.

ANSWER: Well, Reverse Gravity is only 7th level, and it negates all gravity briefly. And I think it is one of those spells that can be made permanent.
So .. I'd say with 9th level magic you could make a large area (such as an entire castle) have gravity 10 times greater than normal permanently.
Or, a room of say, 20 x 20, have gravity 100 times normal.
Or, a 1 foot by 1 foot area have gravity 1,000 times normal.

With 10th level magic, you could make the entire castle have 1,000 times normal gravity.
You could make several square miles have 100 times gravity permanently.
You could make 20 or 30 square miles have 10 times normal gravity permanently.
You could make gravity 3 x normal over an area the size of Bissel.
You could make gravity 2 x normal over an area the size of Furyondy.

Thanks for staying Edena; I'll do all I can to prove to you that you made the right choice by not leaving.

Answer: I'll do the best I can, as DM. Always neutral and unbiased (no matter how horrific Mina comes off as.)

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Lord Melkor appears before the rebel army, radiating aura of great power and anger, covered in Darkness and Flames( OOC: I am trying to Intimidate them, not so long ago they prayed to me, and I am The God that prefers to be feared rather than loved)
-FOULS! On your knees, NOW! How dare you question your God for seeking allies, while you cretins want to conquer World Of Oerth alone, while its defenders are 20 TIMES STRONGER than you!
But I will spare you my Wrath, if you return to me! Than we shall attack a much easier target-Krynn, and cover it in Night Eternal! Shade shall stand together, and I will lead them to victory!( Edena, if rebel leader tries to argue with me, I will kill him in single blow).

The rebel leader stands, and says:

Lord Melkor, you walked right into a Torilian trap set by mortals, and were caught!
It took a mortal to set you free!
And we know that Mina and the Knights of Takhisis are prevalent upon Krynn, and we dare not face her.

How will you lead us to victory?
How can we prevail?

We saw what happened to the Shadow Throne - you could not protect them.
How will you protect us?

Just what is this plan of yours?

- - -

dagger

First thing I do is open up some environmental advisory positions in the Kingdom of Ulek and the Nations of AnaKeris to a few members of the Emerald Order.

ANSWER: The five nations of AnaKeris are positive to this. They are trying to strengthen their position with the Alliance of Oerth.

Next I will try to create a highly defensible secret portal for ease of transport between AnaKeris and the Duchy of Ulek.

ANSWER: You can do that. I would assume Kalanyr would use his 10th level magic to create a permanent portal (I'm guessing he would.)

Third, I will send some scouts into the Lortmills to see if they are occupied by anyone, if not and I see no signs that they have been used in a while I will send 20 PL to protect it. If the Lortmils IS occupied by Gnomeworks, then nevermind on this order. <ooc>For some reason I am thinking no one is currently living there. I might just be spacing. But if he does not want it anymore Id like to claim it. Maybe he just has everyone in a retreat or something.<ooc>

ANSWER: There has been no sign of anyone from the Lortmil Technomancy for some time. The LT itself is deserted. (Obviously, they are in their Secret Retreat.)
So, your force of 20 PL is deployed.

Fourth, I am going to beef up security on my retreat. Patrols, magical defenses, psionic defenses and guardians.

ANSWER: Noted.

Fifth, I prepare all my troops for war this turn. Basically waiting for the order of the Alliance president at this point.

ANSWER: Ok.

- - -

LordMelkor{Talos}

Edena, isn`t there a conflict of interest between Alzem and Dragon Overlords?

ANSWER: There was, until GnomeWorks showed the evil Dragon Overlords what a nuclear explosion looked like. That cowed them.

- - -

Spoof

Samantha looks to the other leaders of Hope Isle and wonders what will become of this world.

“OK now people, settle down. This world is in peril, and there is a good chance that none of them will make it through alive. All I hope is that we can make a difference for the better. Lord Commander are the troops at the ready?”
“Yes madam, we are ready and prepared to launch our assault upon the enemies of Oreth as we speak.”
“Good then prepare our mages to begin operation - Glass House.”
“Yes, Regent, if you will excuse me.”
At this Samantha nods to the Lord commander of Hops Isle’s troops. And wonders if what she is planning will be enough. At this she mumbles to herself “I hope Hazen received the Tears Alzem gave me for him”
“What was that Regent?”
“Oh nothing Lord Dallen, I was just taking to myself. And what the hell is taking those mages so long, don’t they know we need the Life plague yesterday. Lord Dallen go to them and get a progress report on that situation, and hurry, I need to know. Dammit Alzem, why did you have to have your stupid crisis of faith now?”
Next Samantha walks over to a communication console and brings her communication officer on the line. “Petty Officer Ronald (crackle) have to finally contacted the oth(crackle) members of the alliance yet?”
“No sir, we are still having trouble loca(crankle)ting a few of them sir.”
“Well officer that is not acceptable (crackle) we need those coordinates, we can not afford to lose (crackle) ANY forces to friendly fire. So you get me those leaders or by god I’ll have you posterior for a foot rest do you understand me!”
“Yes Regent, I will get it done”
“Good, now get to it.”
Samantha turns to one of the women sitting at the table and speaks to her next. “Lady Elizabeth, how comes our search for the Mace of St. Cuthbert, with its powers we might have a weapon to stand up to the Souls under Mina’s control.”
“As of yet we have not been able to acquire it, but I believe it is only a matter of time. Time that I am afraid might be running out”

ANSWER: You have successfully created the Life Plague. It affects only undead. It's effect is ... to resurrect them!! It is highly contagious, and 99% (well, I can't say fatal).
It can be countered by Cause Disease, though.

Edena: Operation Glass House was the plan that I gave to you for my attacks this turn. If you have any questions let me know, I will inform you of where the troops will move in. Also with the new strength my enemies have I will not fight any pitched battles but hit and run attacks.

ANSWER: Send me the e-mail again with Operation Glass House. I've forgotten your plans.

And Melkor yes and no. We have an agreement, I rid this world of Mina and then free their world from her grasp. For those purposes we have no conflict, others may arrive in time but not untill Mina and her little rag-tag group of rebels is destroyed

- - -

'o Skoteinos

Edena, I'm glad you decided to come back. Do you still have my template?

ANSWER: Yes, I do. Thank you for returning! :)

One minor problem: everyone shared his / her tactic...anyone know something of "metagaming"? At least, I'm gonna check if the FoE is real before I attack it.

ANSWER: What is the FoE? Nobody knows where everyone else's Secret Retreats are, even if they know OOC they exist (and they know, now, IC, that something funny is going on.)
Mina has her own secret plans.
I would assume others will change plans, or go ahead with ones already made.

- - -

Venus

(thank you for the compliment, Venus. :) :) I'll do my best.)

- - -

Piratecat

You bet. Forgiven. Go have fun. We have a few issues that we should probably work out at some point, but that can be at your leisure.

Two mandatory requirements, though:

1. Please, everyone, trust the game master and communicate with him. If something worries you, tell him. Likewise, if something is worrying the game master, make sure you talk to the players about it. Everyone try to keep an open mind.

2. Make the game go at a pace that works for all of you. If the Game Master needs to slow down the pace a little, there's no shame in that. Don't hammer him with multiple emails if you don't need to; he has his hands full, too!

Glad things are being worked out. Edena, if there appears to be a problem that requires a moderator and you'd prefer that Darkness (as a player) shouldn't be involved, let me know.
Otherwise, I think you're all in good hands - both GM-wise, and moderator-wise.

ANSWER: I'd love to have Darkness back. One of the earliest IR players, and one of the staunchest supporters we had.
I'll do my best here, Piratecat. Try to make this fun for people, if I can. I can't guarantee they will have fun, but I can try.

Last edited:

Remove ads