(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 1)

William Ronald

Explorer
Welcome back!!

OOC: William steps up to the table of the deeply wounded IR, rolls up his sleeves and begins to try to revive the patient. I second what Anabstercorian said, I am honored to play with you.

Edena, I am surprised and glad that you have restarted the IR. I will e-mail you on a few issues later. (I will likely be out for an hour at about 8 p.m. EST.)

Hazen gazes into a crystal pool. He sees the changes in the world of Oerth. He sees the red goo running through the veins of Oerth like a cancer. He sees and hears a conversation that he does not rightly understand, although it worries him greatly. He tries to find Mina, but does not. He sees the battle between Vaeregoth, Anabstercorian, and Lord Melkor.

"A valiant struggle, but they shall need help."

Hazen delivers a sending to the members of the Oerth Alliance.

"If we stand with Vaeregoth and Anabstercorian, Melkor may be doomed. I am going to join in this battle. Lady Samantha, I ask you to find Mina and her forces. I will aid Vaeregoth and Anabstercorian. Vaeregoth is a neighbor who has proven his courage time after time. While I have not always agreed with Anabstercorian or his actions, I have no love for Melkor."

Hazen will send 12 PLs of NPCs with him to aid Vaeregoth and Anabstercorian. He asks that a small force of Angels accompany him.

A message is sent to Alzem.

"My friend, I know you grieve for the hurts of this world. I have made mistakes and you fear that you have made mistakes as well. I ask that you join the battle against Lord Melkor. As we speak, Vaeregoth and Anabstercorian fight him. I am joining the battle join with me.

(OOC to 'o Skoteinos: I was trying to find ways to solve the Blood Waste issue but only 11th level magic will take care of all the problems. Healing spells and 10th level magic can clear portions of the blood waste. I have tried to heal what I could. But the Blood Waste is too big to fix without 11th level magic.)

(Edena, you know my plans for the turn. I will still seek Mina out.)

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- Glad to be back. But take it easy Edena. Don't run yourself into the ground again.

Kalanyr and his people have vanished.

All but a few preachers have disappeared from all sight. Over Ishtarland a storm is gathering, crackling with energy.

zouron

First Post
ups

ooc:

well with my plans and the one change I thought of applying to my template (sadly first after the chaos errupted, originally researching tech but really too expensive too pointless...) I doubt edena is in doubt what I do, I will follow what I said.

Other then that my faction remains strangely silent, ohh and anyone attack Anakeris nations will be meet at the full force of my first force heh.

William Ronald

Explorer
Indeed, Edena do not wear yourself out for the IR. Your health is important. (Pacing yourself with something you love is a challenge. Everyone here supports you. Also, I have contacted people to let them know that the IR is back. Thank you again.)

Hazen gathers an elite force and speaks to them.

"We must aid Vaeregoth and Anabstercorian in their efforts. You know the plan."

They vanish, and Hazen reappears with several personages of power alongside Vaeregoth. He aims the Crook of Rao at Melkor and blasts. At the same time, archmages try to take down Melkor's prismatic armor if he is wearing it or blast him.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kalanyr, William, Zouron, Anabstercorian, thank you.

Alzem, Dagger, Forsaken One, Melkor, 'o Skoteinos, Venus, Uvenelei, thank you also.

I am honored to have you back.

Here are some responses to developments:

The Angels will not go to the battle in the Border Ethereal between Melkor and his opponents.
The Angels give no reason as to why; indeed, they disappear, returning to their vigil protecting the borders of Realmspace.

It had been a roughly equal battle between Melkor, Anabstercorian, and Vaeregoth.
Melkor was PL 20, and the other two PL 10.

Anabstercorian has fairly incredible psionic powers, which he doubtless has been using.
Vaeregoth is shealthed in a kind of magical Powered Assault Armor, complete with magical cannons, machine guns, and Red Goo launchers.
The psionic attack on Melkor is overwhelmingly powerful.

But Melkor is an Avatar.
He can react faster than the other two can - he pretty much always wins initiative.
He can throw more spells in a round than any mortal could.
His attacks are incredibly much harder to shield against.
Blast after blast of Shadow Magic is hitting both attackers.

By the time Hazen arrives, all three contestants are in really bad shape.

Melkor is severely wounded, and limping, shadow blood spilling out into the Ethereal.
Vaeregoth's armor is shredded, great holes blown in it.
Anabstercorian has a headache the size of his reputation, from repeated Shade blasts to his head.

When Hazen arrives, and prepares to fire the Crook of Rao, Melkor - with the speed of an Avatar - wins initiative.

I am ruling that Melkor, now in real trouble, can elect to flee, vanishing back to his Secret Retreat, if he wishes.
It will be a hard blow, obviously, and the Shade assembled here will jeer.

If Melkor stays, he can fire at Hazen - certainly harming him - before Hazen can fire the Crook of Rao.
It is also likely the Shade Army, irritated that someone is interfering in what they see as a test of their former leader, will attack Hazen and his cohorts, and drive them off.
But not before Melkor, himself, is likely killed by Anabstercorian and Vaeregoth.

So, Melkor must choose.
He has the initiative at the moment.
He can stay and fight, blasting Hazen and hoping to win against the other two opponents, who are both hurt as badly as he is.
And hope that the Shade will drive Hazen and his cohorts off.

Or he can flee.
If he flees, his survival is guaranteed.
Of course, so is everyone else's, and the Shade will jeer at he who fled (which isn't reasonable, considering it's three against one, but heck ... they're Shade.)

I will wait for Melkor's answer on the matter.

I would like to comment that Mina and her entire army, the Knights of Neraka, have disappeared into one of the evil Secret Retreats.

To everyone - On Turn 7, the Secret Retreats will all be revealed.
Something is going to happen on Turn 7 that causes this to happen, and it is highly unlikely that that something can be prevented.

Without Mr. Draco or Serpenteye to represent the Union of Oerth, the situation for the IR is rather tenuous at the moment.
Only 11 of the 26 who were in the IR, are back.

Yours Truly regards the IR, which remains suspended between life and death.
Yours Truly continues to struggle to save it.

Offline Notice:

I've been here for over an hour now.
I am going offline again, and will be back in an hour or so.
And I will return tomorrow.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Edena,

As always, I am here to help. I just e-mailed a few people, including Serpenteye and Mr. Draco, about the IR being back. I did not think it was likely that I would find Mina quickly.

However, I am trying to be more active in my efforts. We will see what Melkor will do. If he flees, Hazen will try to get Vaeregoth and Anabstercorian to safety.

As Hazen appears, he shouts "For Oerth!"

(OOC: Your call Melkor.)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Cool

I've e-mailed Melkor about the situation, so if he doesn't post, I don't know why. Once again, it's good to have you back, now don't kill yourself. Take breaks now and then.

Quick thing - Vaeregoth is infinitely better at Psionics than I am. I'm a jack of all trades type - He focused on psionics. All I've got is my mindblast from hell, and that's only really effective against lesser mortals. I just figure that Vaeregoth would appreciate me mentioning this.

Also - I think FoE equals Fleet of Evil.

Spoof

First Post
Samantha hears Hazen's call and answers him.

Lord Hazen with Alzem gone we do not have anyone powerful enough to assist you in your fight against Melkor. Any forces we send would surly be destroyed. So in lieu of this I am sorry to say that we cannot send anyone to your aid. If we had located the Mace of St. Cuthbert in time I might have been of assistance, but alias that is not the case. We can only hope for the best for you and your forces in removing this great evil from the realms, at least for a time.

As for Mina, she has disappeared from all our mages, even our 10th level magic cannot locate her, we are sorry.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Could any of you write to Kaboom, and give him support?

I have written to him, and I have given my abject apologies.
I have begged him to return to the IR.

I was wondering if any of you could give him support by writing to him ? - I stress HIM, not me.

He deserved far better than this.
Far better from me.

Kicking him out of the IR was ... if I said how badly it spoke of me, I'd have to use words that would get me kicked off the ENBoards permanently.

I hurt for Kaboom.

Mr. Draco

First Post
*drumroll* Draco's back!

Now that the Union of Oerth is being properly (well at least halfly) represented, let's make things slightly more interesting here.

Kas is teleporting in to fight alongside Melkor.

WITH his sword.

I don't care how strong that armor of Vaergoth's is, or how much magical defense the Archcleric has, let's see them stop my sword! :)

Plus, Kas' elite guard is teleporting in there with him. :)

Let's see how the battle goes now!

(counts) that's 141PL extra on Melkor's side!

Of course they're being careful not to get suckered into any traps or anything...

Last edited:

Remove ads