(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (End)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Anabstercorian will attend the wedding covertly, keeping his presence secret. He won't be blowing anything up, no worries - Though he may set off some fireworks when they kiss, maybe a big heart of nuclear fire over their heads.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Of 2nd IR members, you've forgetten a few.

Doc Mortuary (I remember him, since I had sort of argument with him in IR side-thread before he joined up).

He had lawyer character and Slaad acting 'out of alignment' :)

Also, there was somebody else, who I don't recall so well, who joined at simulous time, from same side-thread.

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz and Talindra will both be present for the wedding... along with their newly born son, Iuz II. Iuz brings gifts for the Newlyweds an exorbitant amount of gifts ranging from whole flying castles to shiny things, to toys for the... Honeymoon...

Black Omega

First Post
The more the merrier. Hey, we can even not invite Kender if they'd be happier sneaking in.;) Someone's going to have a full time job just getting all the invitations out though.:)

William Ronald

Explorer
Zelda, that was Doc Moriarty, not Doc Mortuary. (I think he would get a chuckle of the last one.)

creamsteak, if you want a full blown funeral speech from Hazen, let me know. It shouldn't take long.

Do check out Bugbear's archives http://bugbearslair.homestead.com/GIRA1.html. We spent a little less than four months on the IR.

I promise a few more good role playing plots, including a visit by Hazen and his wife Sarai, briefly mentioned in an earlier post, to perhaps the most famous inn in the official D&D worlds. I have to write that one up tonight or tomorrow.

Reprisal, it was good to here from you. I think the IR was a success because of its players. We have superb strategists and role players here, and a moderator whose dedication is phenomenal.

While I work on the post, here is a view of Hazen working on the funeral speech of Sanctus Punitor. (Creamsteak, your call if you want the full blown funeral speech.)
Hazen is sitting at a desk, working on a computer keyboard. His wife of 80 years, Sarai, is smiling at the incongrous image of an Angel working on a computer. (In LGG, Hazen is an old man. By the time of the IR, he probably would be at least 110 years old.) Lord William Ronald, the Druidess Fand Dyvyr, and Gwilym Raonul are standing near her.

"Sarai, beloved, finding the right words are so difficult. Sanctus Punitor had not known peace in so long. His soul is at rest. Now I have to find words to honor a valiant life."

"You will find the right words, Hazen. You always have, ever since we first meet," says Sarai with a chuckle. She is a short dark haired woman appearing in the prime of life.

"We do have some more good news, Mister President" Lord Ronald, Hazen's chief of staff says "Our negotiations with the Baklunish and are most closely allied powers are nearly complete. Unification will be achieved."

"An age old dream. So many dreams have come true of late,"
Fand Dyvyr says.

Gwilym Raonul regards Fand warmly. "My friend, faith and courage were given form. It is said that we shape reality through our words, thoughts, and deads. The Domain of Hope lends great credence to that."

"The speech is coming together. All of you just gave me a few good ideas. " Hazen says as he types furiously.

"There is even more good news," Lord Ronald said. "The special wedding gift for Lord Kalanyr and Lady Siobhan is ready. As well as the party favors. Hmm, I never thought 12th level magic would be used for such an endeavour."

"Magic and power should be used to spread joy and serve others," Hazen says. "Indeed, Sanctus Punitor used his power to serve others, not himself. He achieved much in doing so, and will always be loved and remembered."

OOC: Creamsteak has said there is no need for a funeral speech. I will honor his wishes, and tomorrow add a visit to a certain famous inn. I ask the moderator's permission to have some of the famous characters of a published setting interact peacefully with Hazen and some of the others.

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
William Ronald said:
Zelda, that was Doc Moriarty, not Doc Mortuary. (I think he would get a chuckle of the last one.)

Oops, through, what a silly misspelling of his name, well, I was very tired when writing that.

Sorry Doc, if you are reading.

Knight Otu

First Post
As a silent spectator of the 3rd IR, I have only one thing to say: WOW.
You all were great!

I had a good time reading through the various threads, even though I sometimes skipped posts, as otherwise it would have taken far too long - I think I can understand how Edena feels, having to read all the posts, all the e-mails, making rulings, determining the outcomes of "standard" battles and over-the-top actions etc...

Congratulations and thank you, Edena, for giving your players this opportunity, and for everyone else to read this. :)

I have returned! Very nice Edena, fine ending, maybe a bit too sweat for my taste, with everyone being resurrected to live in eternal paradise, but it seems that it was what almost all players wanted, I have roughly predicted the outcome since Kalanyr and his underground allies turned to good in turn 3, this is why I started my oblivion plans.

Edena, I assume Melkor can`t somehow sneak to this wedding?

Last edited:

By the way, what is the fate of The Anti-Melkor Shade that Zelda, Kalanyr and William crushed( they claim that those were Shade loyal to Melkor that launched the assault against Commonwealth, and spells will reveal this to be true).

Last edited:

Remove ads