(IR) The Imaginary IR

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
TO ENDUR

In the midst of all this ruckus, someone emerges from the southeast Flanaess, and travels to Greysmare Fortress, asking for admittance.
He says he wants to talk to Fionvar.

He is a human youth of around 15, or maybe 16. He's too young to have any beard or mustache. His face is soft, rather unhardened by wind, rain, or sun. His eyes are grey, and his face is framed in long, black hair that falls neatly combed to his shoulders.
He is wearing an oversized tunic that hangs loosely around his body, with a soft belt of supple leather.
He is wearing a ring of adamantite with a large blue sapphire.

He appears as any teenaged person would appear. He is quite tall, standing 6 feet 6 inches, but is slim, weighing only about 220 pounds. He appears in reasonably good physical shape, and his hands are notably uncalloused and long.

Perhaps the noteworthy thing about him is his body language, which is one of profound self assurance. And his gaze, which is intense. And the look on his face, which is solemn and knowing beyond the years of any youth.

This person calls himself Edena.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
OOC:
Edena, cool. I wonder how fast he would explain everythig to Iuz. If mad deity avoke from his merry nirvana of course. :]
Do You know that You are of my height ? Extacly the same ! :p
Chmm ... funny thing is that nobody call me thin ... and I weight about 170-180 pounds. But I'm devolping muscles, so It will change for better. :D

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Last Appeal of Aliador

Something like a last plea for help comes from Aliador, from Varna, where 3 million elves, star elves, and humans have taken cover behind the Aerial Shield.

Lady Shadow, through her scrying glass, regards the Apparition and smiles darkly. Then Lady Shadow nods her head, apparently giving the final go ahead for something.

The Apparition regards her without expression, nodding in return, and speaks in a cold voice:

'Our deal was for their souls instead of yours and your people. Now, I require my price of them.'

The Apparition turns to the multilated, bloody spirit of Leathnor, once Lord of Aliador, and speaks to it:

'Now you shall do what I require.'

The tortured spirit of Leathnor nods, turns and faces the multicolored defenses of Varna, and begins a very powerful, very terrible incantation.
An incarnation that only an elf could speak.
Leathnor, knowing full well what he is doing, and powerless to stop himself, begins the casting of Wrath of the Just.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Fall of Eilistraee

Eilistraee the Dark Maiden, demipower, moves to stop the Wrath of the Just spell, and her power is sufficient to drive back the Apparition.

Then a gout of dark vitrol strikes her, and her arm and part of that side of her body begins to dissolve, while Eilistraee shrieks in agony, her power misfiring.

The Apparition returns his attention to the bloody and tortured spirit of Leathnor, who resumes his forced spellcasting. The Apparition watches coldly, even impassively, as the spell that will destroy Aliador slowly takes shape.

From the forest appears a drow woman, clothed all in spiders, with very, very red eyes, very dark hair, a soft voice that is in no way pleasant, and a look of virulent triumph on her face. She speaks to the fallen Eilistraee:

'Did you think I was gone?'
'Did you think I would not intervene?'
'Did you think I would not have my vengeance upon those who betrayed me?!'

Lolth steps forward, her Wand of Vitrol hissing.
As a demipower, Lolth could well have been caught when the Crystal Sphere was sealed. Unfortunately, at least in the Imaginary IR, she was. Here she is now, putting an end to the last real hope of the elves and good drow, as she puts her foot on Eilistraees' neck, bringing ruin, despair, and death once more upon the Children of the Seldarine.

Lolth regards her fallen opponent.
She draws forth a second wand, and from this wand comes a Creeping Doom, which swarms over Eilistraee.
Eilistraees final screams of agony pierce the hills, the mountains, and even the sky as the Dark Maiden is devoured.

And Lady Shadow, who knew all along the truth, bows her head to her true ruler: Lolth, Demon-Queen, Lady of Chaos, Lady of Spiders, Lady of the Drow.
Lady Shadow, smiles in triumph and an inhuman glee.

-

Edena stops what he is doing.
He turns his young face to the north, beholding far distant Aliador with his Sight.
Edena whispers to himself in his tenor, not yet grown up voice:

'Do they care enough to stop this?'

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- Say what the hell ? Lolth is an intermediate power, I could buy Ellistrae reducing her power to stay behind, but Lolth ?

(And on top of that in no edition has Creeping Doom effected dieties , their immunity to non-magical weapons protected them in earlier additions just as DR does today. )

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(looks relieved)

You talked me out of it.

Lolth does not appear, since she is an Intermediate Power.
Thus, Eilistraee is not harmed or hindered by Lolth.
Eilistraee drives the Apparition back, away from Varna. She disrupts the Wrath of the Just spell, preventing it from being cast.

The Elves of Varna, led by Lady Gwyndilyn, ready a Counterspell, in case someone else attempts a Wrath of the Just. That particular tactic of extermination won't work now, against the Elves of Aliador.

Lady Shadow would hate you, Kalanyr. :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Kalanyr said:
OOC- Say what the hell ? Lolth is an intermediate power, I could buy Ellistrae reducing her power to stay behind, but Lolth ?

(And on top of that in no edition has Creeping Doom effected dieties , their immunity to non-magical weapons protected them in earlier additions just as DR does today. )

(OOC: I have to agree with Kalanyr on this one. Lolth is not one to leave her plane -- she has too many Abyssal wars to worry about. Also, a Creeping Doom is fairly easy to stop. A simple protection from evil spell will do it, or some smoke. Endur: Welcome to the Imaginary IR! Let's hope that Serpenteye shows up. Sorry that I was away, but I had a lot to do for grad school.)

Al'Akbar withdraws his forces from Gibenei as soon as the attack on Ekbir begins. A huge Greater Dispel Magic strikes the attacking forces. The celestial and genies who came to Ekbir fight brutally against the attackers, exploiting the weaknesses of their chosen forms. Dragons have their wings struck with superpowerful webs and tanglefoot bags. Some of the attackers are left alive for multiple mind probes.

The worshippers of the Shining Lady are treated with the utmost respect by the Baklunish. Al'Akbar humbly asks them to stand with him and with Aliador in its hour of greatest need.

The Baklunish Empire sends forces to help Aliador and calls on its allies in the Treaty of Ekbir Organization, the Treaty of the Ataphad Isles Organization, and the Miranda Pact. Word is sent to Hachiman, asking for assistance. Fionvar, the new High King of the Dwarves, is asked politely for assistance, as it is high time that the world again sees what the Axe of the Dwarven Lords can do in battle. A call is sent asking any potential allies of the Baklunish Empire to come to the battle. A protective barrier goes up around Ellistrae. If Lady Shadow is around, she has the joy of being attacked by Al'Akbar, Daoud, Azor'alq and 20 elite PLs. If the Queen of Spiders is around, she finds herself being drenched by multiple Decanters of Endless Holy Water by many of those self same forces. If Lady Shadow is slain, she is beheaded.

Someone with a warped sense of humor among the attackers has a delayed ventriloquism spell go off above Lolth's head. "I'm melting, no! I'm melting!"

Al'Akbar calmly addresses Leathnor but his voice reverberates through Greyspace to any with the heart or the will to hear it. "Do not destroy your land and your people, Leathnor. You do not stand alone. I humbly and respectfully call upon those who would help Aliador, Oerth and Greyspace in their hour of need to stand against the likes of Lady Shadow, she whom she worships, and the Whispered One. Whosoever has the courage, I pray that you will come forth now!"

(OOC: One of Lolth's big weaknesses in 1st edition was a very strong vulnerability to holy water. I can't recall if she took 3d6 or 6d6 per round. I imagine that the constant flow of holy water, besides being very painful, really disrupts her spellcasting. Plus gets all that spidersilk soaking wet.)

William Ronald

Explorer
(OOC: Since Edena posted as I was writing, I urge our GM to have the efforts against the Queen of Spiders to go against Lady Shadow -- who may well be hurt by holy water. The ventriloquism effect goes up over Lady Shadow who may look very much like Lady Soggy. ;) Unless she more clearly resembles Marie Antoinette after the guillotine at the moment.)

The Dark Drow soon find themselves being hunted by Celestials and others from the Baklunish. They find that a few well placed transmute rock to mud and earthquake spells make for a very effective weight loss program for the Dark Drow.

Al'Akbar bows his head politely towards Ellistrae. "It is good to see you again. Let us stop the ones summoned by Lady Shadow. I call for an armistice in the war between Aliador and its neighbors, as the Whispered One is still somewhere. Do we need to war amongst ourselves on Oerth while there are those who would slay the rulers of all nations on this world -- and Greyspace as well? Let there be a truce, at least."

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Eilistraee the Dark Maiden, demipower, moves to stop the Wrath of the Just spell, and her power is sufficient to drive back the Apparition.

Then a gout of dark vitrol strikes her, and her arm and part of that side of her body begins to dissolve, while Eilistraee shrieks in agony, her power misfiring.

The Apparition returns his attention to the bloody and tortured spirit of Leathnor, who resumes his forced spellcasting. The Apparition watches coldly, even impassively, as the spell that will destroy Aliador slowly takes shape.

From the forest appears a drow woman, clothed all in spiders, with very, very red eyes, very dark hair, a soft voice that is in no way pleasant, and a look of virulent triumph on her face. She speaks to the fallen Eilistraee:

'Did you think I was gone?'
'Did you think I would not intervene?'
'Did you think I would not have my vengeance upon those who betrayed me?!'

Lolth steps forward, her Wand of Vitrol hissing.
As a demipower, Lolth could well have been caught when the Crystal Sphere was sealed. Unfortunately, at least in the Imaginary IR, she was. Here she is now, putting an end to the last real hope of the elves and good drow, as she puts her foot on Eilistraees' neck, bringing ruin, despair, and death once more upon the Children of the Seldarine.

Lolth regards her fallen opponent.
She draws forth a second wand, and from this wand comes a Creeping Doom, which swarms over Eilistraee.
Eilistraees final screams of agony pierce the hills, the mountains, and even the sky as the Dark Maiden is devoured.

And Lady Shadow, who knew all along the truth, bows her head to her true ruler: Lolth, Demon-Queen, Lady of Chaos, Lady of Spiders, Lady of the Drow.
Lady Shadow, smiles in triumph and an inhuman glee.

-

Edena stops what he is doing.
He turns his young face to the north, beholding far distant Aliador with his Sight.
Edena whispers to himself in his tenor, not yet grown up voice:

'Do they care enough to stop this?'

IC:
While Llolth is toying with her daughter Iuz appears and looks on stupid goddes with emotionaless stare.

"Black Elves have issue with You ... And I urge You to leave, before they made up their minds ... recently theyir prayers were filled with enough understanding of divinity, to them to realize their true power over those like You."

OOC:
Now it's time for copying trick that was used by Paul Kidd to get rid of Llolth in one of his books. :]

IC:
A man, wearing unfitting ninja clothes throws portable hole under the feet of Drow Goddes. And while she fell, suddenly lacking ground to stand on, he whispered with weary and regret filled voice.

"Nobody belives in You anymore ... Enlightened One told truth about all Your weaknesses to Black Elves all over the world. Your reign is over, First Drider."

Iuz smiled beningly upon seeing splash of holy water that come up from portable hole before masked person closed it and hid under his belt. Strangely saddened man gazed upon motionless form of Iuz and sighed.

"Well ... people of Vashar will have opportunity to celebrate. Farewell Enlightened One."

Iuz turned around and walked off wordlessly, all of his disciples repeating phrase he spoke to Llolth, and starting debate about it's holy meaning.

Remove ads