• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IRON DM revival!

Rune

Once A Fool
Congratulations, Wicht! A well-deserved victory. I am amazed that you were able to write such a concise and well-crafted scenario with such crappy ingredients.

Kudos, sir. It is an honor to even lose to you, where once I barely squeaked by. You are, as we all know, a truely gifted contestant.

Now that that's out of the way, allow me ammend my last post (in response to Vaxalon). I believe, despite the length of the post, that my entry was just an outline, albeit a detailed one. Furthermore, I have a difficult time seeing how my scenario could be stretched into multiple sessions. It just happens too fast.

Last edited:

seasong

First Post
Re: Round 3!!

incognito said:
Seasong and Wicht:

I propose the following: I will email a former IRON DM contestant with the ingredients, who is able to post them tomorrow night.

You will then have 24 hours (ending Saturday) to complete your entry.
Works for me.

Wicht, I have to admit, I'm quaking. I've been competing in the Talented Unknowns corner (heck, I am a Talented Unknown), while you've been going up against the Seasoned Veterans. And I still think I should have lost the last one.

But, in the name of smack-talking shrimps everywhere, "You goin' down, uh huh!" ;) ;) ;)

incognito

First Post
need Tuerny to reply fast, and 'Runic' comments

Tuerny: please check your yahoo account and reply to me so I can get you those ingredients.

Wicht/Seasong, I was thinking of having him post at 6PM EST. Is this kosher?

Rune: Hey, don't blame the random generator for crappy ingredients. I actaully thought other roudns had FAR tougher stuff to work with - it's a prefernce thing I guess..

and didn't you EXCEL with Shadow Dagon? - one man's trash, is another man's treasure! Also Rune, give us exposition...your fans demand exposition!

:confused:

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Re: need Tuerny to reply fast, and 'Runic' comments

incognito said:
Rune: Hey, don't blame the random generator for crappy ingredients. I actaully thought other roudns had FAR tougher stuff to work with - it's a prefernce thing I guess..

and didn't you EXCEL with Shadow Dagon? - one man's trash, is another man's treasure! Also RUn, give us exposition...your fans demand exposition!

Well, because the judge insists, if I actually see some evidence that I actually have fans (what a funny concept :)), I will gladly provide exposition on my entry sometime tomorrow (okay, I'll probably do it, anyway...). Tonight, though, I'm just going to read [pimping mode on]Wulf's Heroes of High Favor: Half-Orcs[/pimping mode], which came in the mail yesterday, and go to sleep, 'cause I am really tired.

About the ingredients, some of them were nice, but somehow "water table" doesn't exactly suggest "fantasy" in my mind. Woo, precipitation! Yeah!

Last edited:

Vaxalon

First Post
Yes, of course, a compelling plot, interesting characters, and an evocative setting are important.

In my humble opinion, they are not more important than the ingredients.

It's not supposed to be easy. You've got competing interests to consider. When the reader comes across an ingredient, he shouldn't have to think, "Wait, was that an ingredient?"

Instead, he should think, "Wow, that's so strange, and so prominent, that must be an ingredient!" Ideally, an ingredient should be such a prominent part of plot, character, and/or setting that the reader can pick out what the ingredients were without having known ahead of time.

incognito

First Post
the former contestants have 'the stuff'

Tuerny did not email me - and I have to run...

Sooo...

I emailed the ingredients to ALL of the eliminated IRON DM competitors (spell checked 'em first).

Wulf, Tuerny, Griswold, Lady of Dragons, alish2o, Rune

all of you have them. PLease do NOT post them until 6PM Friday EST.

Until then, folks

Happy Halloween

Remove ads