• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Iron Heroes] A Saga of Might - OOC (Re-recruiting)

Walking Dad

First Post
Actually, he is a cross between the to concepts. He is only going to take the basic and the Expanded Mastery: 3 (wrestling) feat. I love the concept of wrestling bears and giants ant to have a backup after hurling my axe (fury talent, next buy).

If you do a weaponmaster (unarmed) or a man-at-arms (many bonus feats), we should get very different characters.

You could also buy the feat chain as finesse feats, for even more difference.

Edit: Seems there is a second edition of IH coming:
http://okayyourturn.yuku.com/topic/18105

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@ Shayuri: Sounds like you could steal this concept - essentially, you're a "Mowgli" type character. Raised in the wilds, you learned how to fight like the animals (bare-handed or with a stick etc) and talk with the animals (or at least you believed you could - how it's done in actual play is beyond me). You get your feral, you get your wilderness skills, and you get your unusual martial arts. What do you think?

Shayuri

First Post
That was the idea, but I am concerned about crossover...

Still, I've been making adjustments to the concept. I think it can be repaired.

Dr Simon

Explorer
and talk with the animals (or at least you believed you could - how it's done in actual play is beyond me)

The Player's Companion has the Animal Affinity trait and the Beastmaster mastery feat, which grants an animal companion.

I don't think it's too much of a problem. WD's character is more of a brawler, I think (and I suspect everyone is pitching towards the "no starting equipment" aspect). Several of the other clases would give you a more focussed martial artist with a different fighting style (weaponmaster or your original choice of harrier would work well). Maybe a hunter would fit those character concepts the best, even.

Shayuri

First Post
Hunter struck me as a bit cranial.

I'll stick with harrier for now.

An animal companion might be cool, but I think that would come later.

I'm also eying Razor Fiend, for possible fun with daggers...

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Hey, if you still need players I am willing to join, I'm kind of new to the Iron Heroes rules but I have a pdf and have heard some great things about it.

I have read through much of the posts so correct me if I am wrong: You have a Berserker, an Arcanist, a Harrier and an Archer

I am willing to play an executioner, if all the slots aren't fully filled that is.

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Alright then, I will try to get in a character sheet A.S.A.P

As for an idea for my character, he would focus his deadly art towards monsters rather than people. I am kind of seeing a van helsing type of character but focuses on the denizens of the deep.

would having profession (sailor) be enough to fish or would I need survival because I don't want to step on anyones heels?

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
I reckon Profession (sailor) would do, perhaps Knowledge (nature). IH characters have more points to spend on skills, so a few like that won't hurt.

I like the idea of a sort of sea monster-hunter, and having somebody who can sail may be an advantage....

Frozen Messiah

First Post
well here he is:

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Lazarus "The Shark" Stern
Code:
[FONT=Arial][B]Class:[/B] Executioner[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Race:[/B] Human[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Size:[/B] Medium[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Gender:[/B] Male[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Deity:[/B] Ramardas, God of Sailors and the Ocean[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (10p.)     [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Dex:[/B] 18 +4 (4p.)     [B]BAB:[/B] +1         [B]HP:[/B] 8 (1d4+5)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (6p.)     [B]Grapple:[/B] +1     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] -/-[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Int:[/B] 14  +2 (5p.)     [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] XX[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Wis:[/B] 16 +3 (1p.)     [B]Init:[/B] +4        [B]Spell Save:[/B] +X[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Cha:[/B] 8  -1 (10p.)     [B]ACP:[/B] -1         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] %[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial].              [B]Base  Armor  Shld   Dex  Size     Nat  Misc  Total[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Armor:[/B]      10       +1      +0       +4     +0        +0    +0      15[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Touch:[/B] 14              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 10[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial].                       [B]Base   Mod  Misc  Total[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Fort:[/B]                   +0      +1      X       +1[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Ref:[/B]                    +2      +4      X       +6[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Will:[/B]                    +0      +3       X      +3[/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Weapon                  Attack   Damage     Critical[/FONT][/B]

[FONT=Arial][B]Traits:[/B] Sea Child (Fisherman), Perceptive[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][B]Languages:[/B] Common, Sea Speech, Draconic[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][B]Abilities:[/B] Execution Pool (1 token), Excecutioners Eye, Hindering Cut, Sneak Attack +1d6[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][B]Feats:[/B] Exotic Weapon Prof. (Net), Trident Mastery, Hafted Weapon Mastery[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][B]Skill Points:[/B]        [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4[/FONT]
[B][FONT=Arial]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial]Balance                      4       +4   +2      +10[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Climb                         4       +0             +4[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Jump                         4       +0              +4[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Hide                          4       +4              +8[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Know.(Nature)            4       +2              +6[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Listen                        4       +3             +7[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Move Silently              4       +4             +8[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Profession (sailor)        4       +3            +7[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Search                       4       +2             +6[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Sense Motive              4       +3             +7[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Spot                          4       +3              +7[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Use Rope                   4       +3             +7[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Swim                         4       +0             +4[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Tumble                       4       +4            +8[/FONT]

[B][FONT=Arial]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/FONT][/B]

[FONT=Arial][B]Total Weight:[/B]      [B]Money:[/B] gp sp cp[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial].                      [B]Lgt      Med      Hvy       Lift       Push[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][B]Max Weight:[/B]   33lbs    66lbs   100lbs   200lbs   500lbs[/FONT]

Last edited:

Remove ads