Iron Heroes: A Saga of Might

mfloyd3

Explorer
Xoria nods approvingly as they walk away from the Brig, then pauses. "We need to move quickly," observes Xoria, "As we must resolve matters at the estate by nightfall. But...I need a few things before we go."

OOC: Xoria wants to call on Tizun Thane dressed as a member of the nobility: Fine clothes and some jewelry. She'll also want to pick up a dagger, if this is not unduly out of place on a noblewoman. Presumably Othar and Vela have more...practical ideas in mind.

Also, I leave on a trip tomorrow. I expect to be able to check in on the game fairly regularly, but if that doesn't work responses may be slow until 1/2 or 3.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Purchases might not come amiss...how much money do we have again? My sheet somehow seems to have cleverly evaded notetaking. It is a wily beast.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: The three pearls that the sea hag gave you can be sold for 500gp each, I don't think there was any other treasure on the way although you could also try to sell the sickle and circlet from Montor Roth.

mfloyd3

Explorer
OOC: Sorry for the delay.

I think we already sold the pearls (that was how we got cash for the inn). We are not selling any of Montor Roth's swag. :)

Xoria wants to move quickly, as she wants to finish whatever business they have to take care of at the estate well before dark. With your permission,I would like to make the following purchases:

Dagger (2 gp)
Healer's Kit (50 gp)
Courtier's Outfit (30 gp) + 50 gp jewelry
Belt pouch 1 gp + 1 day of rations in it (.5 gp)
Waterskin 1 gp

Her plan (which she will broach with her comrades) is to introduce herself as Xoria Laerxes; the last is her mother's family name, which she has the right to use, so it is not a lie. She will not claim the title of countess.

Since they are in a hurry and she does not want to stop for a fitting, she will opt for a loose-fitting, brightly colored robe and a string of pearls -- Going for "simple elegance". She'll wear the dagger openly (this shouldn't violate any conventions), and the belt pouch and healer's kit openly. She'll actually hide the waterskin in her robe, as it would seem out of place for a noblewoman or courtier to be carrying their own water.

Time is a factor, so if this will take more than a couple of hours to pull together, she'll cut back.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Back and back at it! Gimme one more day to go over the Iron Heroes book and see what's what... I need to see if I'm better off with a weapon or not...and I need to determine what Harriers are best with. Hooba. Also, I need to see what's still available, and at what prices. )

mfloyd3

Explorer
As her companions watch, Xoria strides through the marketplace. Here and there, she approaches a stall. She bargains sharply, almost haughtily, and if she is not satisfied she quickly moves on. Watching her closely, her companions realize that her flight from table to table seems to add value to her custom. Some merchants seem to concede almost too readily, as if somehow feeling that selling to her gives them bragging rights over their competitors, even if they must lower their prices more than they really should.

She quickly completes her purchases, and abruptly seems a different person. She is standing in a loose fitting but richly trimmed blue robe, and wears a string of pearls and a blue lacquer headpiece. At her belt is a dagger and a few pouches, but these seem somehow subsumed in a larger persona. With her hair tied back and her body adorned in a proper robe, the aristocratic bearing that had been subdued in her rags now comes to the form. There is no mistaking that she is a noblewoman.

OOC: Her character sheet is updated.

Walking Dad

First Post
Olmar
Defense 14 (FF14), HP 48/48, F +6,R+5,W+5; Ini +2 ; Fury Pool 0/13; DR 1d4

Olmar has more practical things in his mind as he strolls the market and merchants (always keeping watch on his purse) in search for a fine quality weapon.

[sblock=OOC]

Looking for a MW Greataxe or Pickaxe.

----

Reserve Points: 48 / 48

Pick (gripped with both hand and Power attack 1):
1d20+5 - 1d6+6 - 20/x4

In berserker rage:
1d20+6 - 1d6+8 - 20/x4
[/sblock]

Remove ads