Iron Kingdoms Campaign Guide .pdf preview - Gun Mage Core Class - spell list added

tetsujin28

First Post
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:
I'm gonna need more mini's with cool-ass guns!
How about these from Confrontation?

LISP02.jpg

grgm04.jpg
GRTR01_1_v2.jpg
GRTR02_2_v2.jpg
grtr02.jpg

Olive

Explorer
BigFreekinGoblinoid said:

Yeah - These work! Confrontation is da bomb. Hope I don't massacre them with my amatuer paint jobs.

Aren't confrontation minis a bigger scale than the normal 25/28/30mm ones?

Olive said:

Aren't confrontation minis a bigger scale than the normal 25/28/30mm ones?

No - I'd say they are about the same scale as the newer Reaper Mini's. I have noticed that the only size difference between the Reaper Legends line (newer ones anyway - they seem to be getting generally larger) and the new Reaper Warlord line is the size of the base. Gluing a washer to the bottom of the Legends minis make them stand about the same height.

All in all, mixing the Reaper mini's, War Marchine mini's and Confrontation mini's will work very well.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Skade said:

Though I guess we are now delving into rules (so did my first post :)), I'd say the spells are done as a sorceror, and the gun is done like a familiar. They do pay for it. Considering it familair benefits, as well as subbing for components, and being a kick butt firearm, I think that's fair.

The only problem is that a military pistol in the Iron Kingdoms starts at 600 gp, and a mage lock pistol is likely to go way, way above that. (No price given, though it mentions being able to have more than one.)

Guessing that the price for the dwarven forged mage lock pistol would be at least as much as for master working that eats up the entire starting funds for a 2nd level character, without even adding in the price of bonding with it.

In my own campaign I wanted guns to be a lot more common, so I dropped the price accordingly. Even so a starting character could never afford one, even if he maxed his starting funds.

You are correct about the starting spells.

I worry that this class may be one of the ones that folks swap out of after reaching 3rd level or so, especially since the rules don't state that only Gun Mage spells can be used to pump the rune cast bullets. The large number of levels without any class features, plus the slow spell progression worrie me in that regard.

I still think that it's an incredibly cool class, I am just worried.

The Auld Grump.

*EDIT* And yes, the Confrontation figures with guns are perfect for this setting. I also recommend the plastic figures for Mordheim (repackaged now as Empire Militia) and the Witch Hunter figures, also from Mordheim. One of the Wyrds from Necromunda can also be used.

Last edited:

I've just been contemplating a gun mage character and have a question -

does anyone else think that they've mixed up the spells known and the spells per day table, or have I just got the wrong end of the stick?:(

Ignore that question - I just realised that they've used the bard spell list.

New question - isn't 2 skill points/level a little low?

Last edited:

Remove ads