(IRR) The Other Industrial Revolutions

Daigotsu is near the end of the NPCs area in the Rokugan book that WotC put out...Maho-Tsukai 20 (this is that level 20 PrC, he has no base class except for it), no race, he can send his spirit out to possess any oni, and while such his body is near invincible. He has a female partner (can't spell it, don't have the book on me) who's a very powerful spellcaster as well.

Black Omega

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Daigotsu is near the end of the NPCs area in the Rokugan book that WotC put out...Maho-Tsukai 20 (this is that level 20 PrC, he has no base class except for it), no race, he can send his spirit out to possess any oni, and while such his body is near invincible. He has a female partner (can't spell it, don't have the book on me) who's a very powerful spellcaster as well.

Daigotsu is listed in the Rokugan d20 book on page 166. He's an evil outsider and a Maho-tsukai level 20. This takes into account that the Maho-tsukai PrC allows level conversion from Shugenja to Maho-tsukai. Technically, he can possess any oni in line of sight, I believe. But he can jump from Oni to oni without returning to his body first.

Calling Shahai a partner might be a little generous. She's cooperating with Daigotsu at the present , though how long that will last..:) Daigotsu is creating a highly lawful mirror of the Emerald Empire in the Shadowlands. Shahai is the leader of the Bloodspeakers, an evil, highly chaotic group of Maho-tsukai in the Emerald Empire.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Looks pretty cool going to take some time to familiarize myself with the rules... and everything I know of Rokugan comes from the D20 books so take anything I say with a grain of salt... but if people don't mind having fun.. then yeah I can stab at running a monstrously huge game....
Well, keeping in mind the Rokugan d20 books are written by the same people writing the L5R storyline you are in pretty decent shape.

If something is needed typed up I can probably manage. I have quite a bit typed up already for my game.

Tokiwong

First Post
Black Omega said:

Well, keeping in mind the Rokugan d20 books are written by the same people writing the L5R storyline you are in pretty decent shape.

If something is needed typed up I can probably manage. I have quite a bit typed up already for my game.

I know that and I still ofer to moderate as needed... I love DMing

Kalanyr

Explorer
Considering that I'm seriously thinking about running a campaign in the Aftermath of the 3rd IR, I'll take any advice you want to give. It may not be an IR but a general idea of how you run things would be good to at least keep a similar theme/feel.

I'll take a backrow seat to Black Omega or Tokiwong if you two want to DM. I have read the book cover to cover -but only a single time. Afterwards I just kind of glance back and forth over it. The only books I KNOW everything from would be my Final Fantasy Tactics stuff: because I wrote most of it. I need to finish the next chapter of it soon anyway (the weapons and armor chapter :) ). So here is what I will do:

Tokiwong is Moderator for the FIRST ROKUGAN IR
Creamsteak will create the Lists post, and Tokiwong will adjust PL as he sees fit.

We will deal with claims when we get done with the lists.

Tokiwong and I will work on the rules (I have a start done... but it isn't nearly hard copy).

and here are the territories I have done from the books. (PL and IR excluded for now, I'll wait before I post that stuff.)

Class and Clan Specific Territories
Title of Territory/School/Family
Kuni School (Shugenja/Witch Hunter)
Hiruma School (Shadow Scout)
Hida Family (Hida Defender)
Asahina School (Shugenja)
Kakita School (Iaijutsu Master)
Daidoji Family (Daidoji Bodyguard)
Tamori School (Shugenja)
Togashi School (Tattooed Monk)
Hitomi School (Tattooed Monk)
Mirumoto Family (Mirumoto Niten Master)
Kitsu School (Shugenja)
Matsu School (Singh Rager)
Akodo Family (Akodo Champion)
Agasha School (Shugenja)
Asako School (Henshin Mystic)
Isawa School (Void Disciple)
Shiba Family (Shiba Protector)
Soshi School (Shugenja)
Yogo School (Shugenja)
Shosoro School (Ninja Spy)
Bayushi Family (Bayushi Deciever)
Iuchi School (Shugenja)
Utaku School (Battle Maiden)
Shinjo School (Kishi Charger)
Moto Family (Moto Avenger)
Mantis School (Mantis Mercenary)
Bear School (Bear Warrior)
Shadowlands (Maho-Bujin)
Shadowlands (Maho-Tsukai)

Territories in the Far South East of Rokugan
Aiso ni Ryokosha (Village)
Bells of the Dead (Shrine)
Festering Pit of Fu Leng (Sinkhole)
Forgotten Tomb of Fu Leng (Maho Site)
Haikyo Sano Kappa (Ruins)
Heiwa na Kaze Heigen (Quiet Wind Plane)
Jukami (Village)
Kabe ue no ho ni sa Umi (Wall above the Ocean)
Kaiu Kabe (Carpenter Wall)
Kaiu Toge (Carpernter Pass)
Kawa Kurai Tsuki (River of the Dark Moon)
Kawa Sano Saigo No Kamae (River of the Last Stand)
Kenkai Hanto (Lookout Peninsula)
Kishi no Mizu-umi (Forbidden Lake)
Koten (Village)
Kuroi Yubi Kawa (Black Finger River)
Kuni Areno (Kuni Wastes)
Kyuden Hida (Palace)
Nishiyama (Village)
Saigo no Kamae Heigen (Last Stand Plain)
Shinden Asahina (Castle)
Shio Senyo no Riku (Tidal Landbridge)
Shiro Hiruma (Castle)
Shiro Kuni (Castle)
Sunda Mizu (City)
Watchtower of the East (Tower)
Yasuki Yashiki (Castle)
Yugure Yama (Twilight Mountains)

Territories in the South West of Rokugan
Aka Mizu-umi (Red Lake)
Beiden (Town)
Dangai (Shrine)
Ginasutra (Village)
Hotei Seido (Shrine)
Iyotishi (Town)
Kagoki (Village)
Kaia Osho (Village)
Kaiu Shiro (Castle)
Kakita Bogu (Village)
Kamisori sano Yoake Shiro (Castle)
Kitsune Mori (Village)
Koeru (Village)
Kuda (Village)
Kyuden Ashinagabachi (Palace)
Kyuden Bayushi (Palace)
Kyuden Miya (Palace)
Maemikake (Town)
Meidochi (Village)
Midaki (Village)
Mizu-umi no :):):)o (Lake of Sorrows)
Mizu-umi no Sakura Yuki (Lake of Cherry Blossom Snow)
Nirukti (Ruins)
Ronin Chiiki (Ronin Plains)
Shiden Osano-Wo (Shrine)
Shimomura (Village)
Shinomen Mori (Hidden Forest)
Shiro Heichi (Ruins)
Shiro Kaotsuki no Higashi (Castle)
Siksa (Town)
Taki sano Okami Jikan (Hour of the Wolf Falls)
Tomb of Iuchiban (Maho Site)
Vyakarana (Town)
Watchtower of the West (Tower)
Zakyo (City)

Oh, and the reason for me posting the character classes associated with certain territories is this:

In the IR we posted races (elven, human, dragon, etc.) after each territory to give each player an idea of what forces lived there. In Rokugan I have noticed that 90% of the population is Human except in the wild lands and shadowlands. I figure that clan and class would divide up the culture the same way as race did before.

If nobody wants to see what classes are associated to any families or schools, just tell me and I'll edit it. Tell me if anything like that should be changed, Tokiwong.

Remove ads