• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IRR) The Rokugan IR (Thread 4)

Knight Otu

First Post
An e-mail should shortly be coming your way. (I'd bet you'll disallow at least one thing in it.)

In this e-mail I made an assumption on the instantaneous penalty that may or may not be too high, but I think the numbers are appropriate for what the spells do.

Knight Otu

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
Mail sent, and this is the short version so I guess you'll be glad the first one didn't arrive =]
I think either your mail or mine will cause creamsteak to drop unconcious.;)

Edit: I'll soon be gone for the weekend. See you all on monday! :)

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
I have a couple silly questions in relation to the tables that are written. What exactly does the two following mean.

2nd Rank: +2 IR/turn.

Is that +2 wasted IR per turn?
Could be +2 IR to one provience?
Or +2 across the board to all proviences?

Same could be asked about:

2nd Rank: +5 IR points.

Assuming that a provience is written like:

Shinda Province PL 5 : IR 1

This would mean that it would Produce 1 PL and have no wasted IR.
Asahina (Shugenja/Honor 3) Daimyo: Kimita (Female Shu 12) PL 2 : IR 2

This would mean it would Produce 1 PL and have 1IR remaining. That one IR remaining doesn't have any use by what you have written. You cannot combine it with its neihbors wasted IR to help do something. So, giving a bonus of +3 IR, doesn't seem to do anything. I could be seeing this are wrong, but as written it doesn't seem to do anything.

Could you explain, what those spare IR points can be used for?

Offcourse it doesn't have any use... to make it more usefull you buy another point or invest your next turn into it to scale it up.. or just add it to some location that would let it reach a new level so you don't wast anything. Get my point?

Almost no IR rating are exactly a "precise level" of new +PL per turn. So why would what you got granted per turn should do that?

I think you get that much bonus PL per turn and can devide it however you want.

Macbrea

First Post
That by the way made no sense. As points lost are lost. If you have IR points that cannot be applied to building up your PL you cannot save them from turn to turn. You just don't have enough IR to produce more and your people shame at their work. So, +2/IR per turn is saying more people shame because they aren't being applied to anything.

Then how are you ever gonna increase your IR ratings?

Or just on ways that you would achieve new levels and have no "overspendage" that would be stupid since if you overinvest to a not usefull level and invest the same amount a round later you would be up for example 3 levels instead of 2.

And IR like I said, if you want to do it your way then just spend them (the IR points) in a way that you do make whole new levels. You can do that you know =]

And so you feel bad about all the IR values that don't match a exact new level of PL bonus per turn? I suggest counseling then =]

Since most ratings aren't precise levels already. Wonder how your people are mentally gona cope with this =] Personally I really don't care the higher a place it's IR value is over it's current level and wasting, the faster and cheaper I'm getting it to a new and higher level of PL per turn so you advance faster. Ever thought of that?

If you want to boost your IR values you'll have to spend the PL someday or invest the free bonusses you get. I see you are a very numerical person.. that's gonna hurt you this IR I'm afraid since you'll have big problems with alot of things that should go by numbers but get ruled on instead... So brace yourself.

And as in Civ advance, if you overspend PL on civ advance that does get saved since you advance 30.7 years for example and so you advance 30.7 years in the table and not 30.0 with .7 wasted.

IR ratings don't matter, you get their PL for free so what they overspend isn't really of an interest if you have distributed it as effeciently as you could already. So why bother about the rest? Doesn't sit in your way.

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
I will give an example:

Scorpion
Total Generated from Troops PL: 19
Total Generated from Other PL: 26
Wasted Extra IR: 22

Total PL produced: 45

Means, I can spend the following:
Possible turn 0

Turn 0

Increase Hotei Seido (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2 to PL 6 : IR 3 (cost: 5 PL)
Increase Tochi Province PL 5 : IR 1 to PL 5 : IR 3 (cost: 10 PL)
Increase my Year from 1500 to 1506 - (cost: 21 PL)
Spend cash on artifact creation: 288,000 gps (9 PL)

That is my 45 spent. Next turn I would now produce 47 PL. Because, I increased two of my proviences. You will notice I would have lost 22 IR because they really didn't produce any more PL. They were spread throughout my lands and couldn't be applied toward anything.

The question I had was in the year advancement table there are two examples that say +3 IR and +2 IR/turn. What exactly do those mean? I mean without some reference they cannot be applied toward anything.

Macbrea

First Post
I think we are talking slightly about two different things. I wasn't worried about the fact a provience listed as:

PL 6 : IR 2 Produces 1 PL and wastes 1 IR

What I was asking is in the technology advancement table there are two different statements of +1 IR and +1 IR/turn. When we get to these points do we apply them to a provience? Is one for that turn only and the other permanent?

Remove ads