(IRR) The Rokugan IR (Thread 4)

Xeriar

First Post
creamsteak said:
I'm not an expert on what is claimed and unclaimed, but Xeriar has claimed almost everything behind the Kaiu wall belonging to the Crab Clan. I don't think your faction has any free PL to claim unless you drop something (unless you want to try claiming from scratch, which could get confusing).

....hmmm.......... I don't know what else I can say to help...

Aside from getting armies and NPC's, there isn't anything. Yugure Yama is the only Crab Territory behind the wall held by someone else (Tarrasque), I left the Nodai province to Festy Dog.

The Kuni Wastes and Shiro Hiruma are both sortof 'inside' the Shadowlands, it's just that the horde is typically not organized enough to bother with Shiro Hiruma and the Kuni Wastes can no longer really be tainted.

Kyuden Hida is the mightiest fortress in the Empire, and could reasonably be escalated to a much higher PL:IR rating.

Beyond that, I just had NPCs from the books take armies according to the pattern.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I'll spend my 10 PL on

Taint Character Defense (+1 Bonus) to Staff of the Trickster, Automatic Subversion Character Defense (+3 bonus) to Staff of the Trickster and
Turning Character Defense (+2 Bonus) to Staff of the Trickster.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sollir droped 10 PL from the Lottery, but I have 4 lots purchased, so we have 3 new lottery results:

Festy, Tarrasque, and Tokiwong all recieve +10 PL to thier caps, which I will update later today.

Cream got my mail? (/me prays)

And tokiwong is going nice with the PL as well =]

I haven't got the PL to boost my friggin PC-NPC's with artifacts so running and hiding it is! =[

Last edited:

Cream what's the most efficient way to spread out 20 PL of army to get the best +PL per turn? 5 Armies of 4 PL .. ? Or what?

(And cream you missed a question and a issue in my mail =] so here it comes again :p )

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
I've (finally) read the rules and have a couple of questions. I assume that the per turn benefits of technology feats do not stack (?).

_________Creamsteak posted:
Traps can be purchased for 5 PL.
Heavy Units (+1/+1) can be purchased for 10 PL.
_________

What use are traps? On what scale are they used? (battlefield or dungeon?)

How many PL of heavy units do you get per purchase?

_____

I have an other question, or rather a request. On one of the maps of Rokugan there are a great amount of little dots (cities, villages etc.) that are marked with a letter and a couple of numbers (P19, N2, A28, etc.). Presumably these numbers are referenced somewhere along with the names of the location. If someone has access to that list and could post it on the board it would be a tremendous favour to us who have no idea what any of the locations are called. It would be rather silly referring to your territories as L14 or U26 IC, though it does allow us to type faster ;)

Spending the winnings:

Serpenteye - PL 170/190

I'm dropping:

Artifacts
Golden Doom, +3/+3 weapon (katana) (It doesn't fit my character concept)

to get a PL cap of 200,

With the 30 remaining points I have I buy

the following armies:

The Etsu Defenders PL5: IR 5
The Ibe Defenders PL5: IR 5
The Mukano Defenders PL4: IR 5
The Hozemon Defenders PL4: IR 5
The Sasaryu Defenders PL4: IR 5
The Kaitomo Defenders PL4: IR 5
The Kintani Defenders PL4: IR 5

Creamsteak

Explorer
Serpenteye said:

Traps can be purchased for 5 PL.
Heavy Units (+1/+1) can be purchased for 10 PL.
What use are traps? On what scale are they used? (battlefield or dungeon?)
How many PL of heavy units do you get per purchase?

Claims noted,
Lichtenhart seems to know a lot about what those letters mean (I'm confused the same as you):rolleyes:

Traps... I just set a flat 5PL cost for people to spend in order to develop any kind of special military manuevers, like setting a minefield that is effective against calvalry or something. Most of the time, if a player just triggers a trap, I'll inflict 10-20 attack rolls one time against a player. However, if a player literally walks into a trap blind (like Melkor into Forresters Epic Shell trap) then I will do something more drastic, sometimes resulting in things like a +2/+2 bonus for the entire battle.

It's really subject to moderator opinion, and other players actions. I set a flat cost of 36000 x 5 gold pieces to maintain a trap for a full turn, but everyone gets 3 free traps every turn. It's sort of another expression of things used in the last IR. Creativity with these results in victories.

Heavy units = The best equiped and best trained PL you have. If your power is really not very advanced, heavy units suck, honestly. They cost 10 PL for 1 PL. This would be the equivelent of medieval knights or mounted samurai only units. They are elite, and yes, they are better than conscript foot soldiers, but you pay quite a bit to get them.

However, pending that you research into the future enough, production gets cheaper, and thier bonus gets higher. From Heavily armored Calvelry, to Rifle armed calvelry, to Mobile canons, to tanks, to High Tech supernatural battle suits. That's what they represent in character at least. Out of Character, the more you advance, the higher the quality of your Heavy PL, eventually making able to rival true artifacts, and cheap too.

Remove ads