(IRR) The Rokugan IR (Thread 4)

Serpenteye

First Post
Lichtenhart said:

In AEG's Rokugan Campaign book every village and every city got his code. If you really need it I can type it down, but there are something like 200+ entries so it would take me some time.

That would be a very helpful thing to do. I think a lot of us would appreciate it, I know I would. :)

Serpenteye

First Post
Creamsteak

Faction Info

I added the names of my PC and NPCs and the provincial armies from my previous post, this should be the final version of my list:

Serpenteye - PL 200/200
Player Character
Toshiro Kane (Male Courtier 19) PL 2

Clan Families and Shadowlands Groups
Akodo (Samurai/Akodo Champion/Honor 3) Daimyo: Akodo Ginawa (Male Sam 15/Ftr 3) PL 8 : IR 18
Ikoma (Courtier/Honor 3) Daimyo: Ikoma Sume (Male Court 7/Sam 9) PL 6 : IR 21
Kitsu (Shugenja/Honor 2) Daimyo: Kitsu Juri (Male Shu 16) PL 6 : IR 21
Matsu School (Berzerker/Matsu Rager or Lion's Pride/Honor 2) Daimyo: Matsu Ketsui (Female Sam 7/LionPride 8) PL 5 : IR 15
Honour Guard (the elite bodyguard of my PC) PL 8 : IR 16
The Grand Circle (a society of shugenya) PL 5 : IR 10

The Etsu Defenders PL5: IR 5
The Ibe Defenders PL5: IR 5
The Mukano Defenders PL4: IR 5
The Hozemon Defenders PL4: IR 5
The Sasaryu Defenders PL4: IR 5
The Kaitomo Defenders PL4: IR 5
The Kintani Defenders PL4: IR 5

Etsu Province PL 5 : IR 1
Ibe Province PL 5 : IR 1
Mukano Province PL 5 : IR 1
Hozemon Province PL 5 : IR 1
Sasaryu Province PL 5 : IR 1
Korjima Province PL 5 : IR 1
Kaitomo Province PL 5 : IR 1
Ami Province PL 5 : IR 1
Kintani Province PL 5 : IR 1

Non-Player Characters
NPC:Tensuo Janaji (M) (14th level Shugenya) PL 1
NPC:Injaro Nofuta (M) (14th level Shugenya) PL 1
NPC:Yasuo Samari (M) (14th level Ninja) PL 1
NPC:Reizo Jiaora (M) (14th level Samurai) PL 1
NPC:Juro Azati (M) (14th level Ninja) PL 1
NPC:Marise Kane (F) (14th level Samurai) PL 1
NPC:Ichiro Yasou (F) (14th level Samurai) PL 1
NPC:Mioko Sen (F) (14th level Shugenya) PL 1
Lion Clan Champion: Matsu Nimuro (Male Sam 15) PL 2

Territories in the West of Rokugan
Meiyo Gisei (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Shiranai (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Kyuden Ikoma (Palace) PL 6 : IR 4
Bishamon Seido (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
Kenson Gakka (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Kyakuchu (Village) PL 1: IR 1
Kitsu Tombs (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2

Territories in the East of Rokugan
Eiyu ni Suru (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Ken Hayai (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Rugashi (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Oiku (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Foshi (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Renga (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
Ninkatoshi (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Tonfajutsen (Town) PL 2 : IR 3
Shiro Akodo (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Shiro no Yojin (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5
Kaeru (City) PL 3 : IR 4
Shiro Matsu (Castle) PL 7 : IR 5

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yeah, I got your claims now. Looks fine. I'm a bit amazed at 200 PL... your one lucky guy.

I know it seems like we will never make it to the year 2000 in tech in this game, but I have the option there just in case :). There's no way to tell how things are going to go just yet, so it's kind of important that we get ready for just about anything.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Hey Serpenteyes...

I think you understand this, but it's something that might not be so clear from my wording. I am not a writer at heart (I'm more of a rules lawyer and munchkin I guess...), and it could be possible that you think to advance to the year 1550 you need to set aside an ungodly amount of PL all at once... which is not at all what I intend. These two tables below should better explain what I mean...

To go from 1500-1510 in turn 1 you set aside 55 PL
To go from 1510-1520 in turn 2 you set aside 55 PL
To go from 1520-1530 in turn 3 you set aside 55 PL
To go from 1530-1540 in turn 4 you set aside 55 PL
To go from 1540-1550 in turn 5 you set aside 55 PL

To go from 1500-1520 in turn 1 you set aside 210 PL
To go from 1520-1540 in turn 2 you set aside 210 PL
To go from 1540-1560 in turn 3 you set aside 210 PL
To go from 1560-1580 in turn 4 you set aside 210 PL
To go from 1580-1600 in turn 5 you set aside 210 PL

Each turn costs seperately as you can tell. Every turn you set aside X PL to get Y years, and that gets added to your lot. Next turn counts seperately. So in order to reach 2000 you could spend 55 PL every turn for 500 turns, 210 PL every turn for about 250 turns I guess, or 1275 PL over 10 turns, or 125250 PL all at once. The most logical route, In My Opinion, is to get PL up to about 1275 ASAP and have some strong allies to defend you, then research for all of 10 turns...

BTW, I'm going to have some quick and simple trade rules for players that want to profit from trading with each other. Things like a +10% to advancing civilization, and GP gained through yoru IR... something like that, but it will just be a simple rule.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Back from Gencon!:) Where the %&^$%*& Corrupt Scorpion won the L5R Storyline tournament, $%^&%^ it!:)

The Empire's going to Jigoku in a handbasket, I tell you...

Do we still need a scan of a map of Rokugan?

Lichtenhart

First Post
Uh, I just noticed Cream updated clan bonuses and my brand new -10% to artifact cost. This is really sweet :)

Hi Black Omega, please tell us what happened, please!
And more than a scan, a legenda for the Rokugan Campaign map is needed.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Creamsteak says,

Where is my frickin OA book? I don't even have any rokugan books, and the only material that introduced me to Rokugan is missing! That's right, a friend of mine STILL has the book...

I'm not a writer... and godamn I'm not a writer. If I was, I'd write something, but I'm not a writer. Allright, I've got two days to decide what time era to start the story post at...

OK, I'm posting as much of the History of Rokugan as I have from the Oriental Adventures book. In the Turn 0 thread (still don't post please) I posted all of 3 pages of the history I typed up for a friend a while back. If anyone knows a website that I can go to get the rest that would help.

Oh, Black Omega, do tell :). If it's at all a good point in the story for us here to pick up on it, well just tell :).

Black Omega

First Post
It came down to Conrad Jackson - Shadowlands v. Conrad Earnshaw-Whyte - Corrupt Scorpion. Corrupt Scorpion won the day. The Scorpion's Wind was Tsudao. The slayers of the Onisu are as follows:

Kaelung defeated the Dragon onisu
Doji Okakura defeated the Phoenix onisu
Shiba Mirabu defeated the Crane onisu
-----Seems to be part of a push for the Phoenix-Crane Alliance
Yoet'trr defeated the Crab onisu
-----I'm pretty sure this was a Crab-Rat player.
Matsu Hyun defeated the Lion Onisu
Bayushi Kwanchai defeated the Scorpion Onisu
Bayushi Shixiang defeated Unicorn Onisu.
-----Yes, interesting that it wasn't a Unicorn. Shixiang is half Unicorn though and this could make an interesting storyline.

It's rumored but not confirmed from the Mantis list that Yoritomo Kumiko defeated the Mantis Onisu, with extra activities unconfirmed after the victory that included lighting up a Yoritomo Kitao xp card in blazing effegy.

Talk about die hard.

Last edited:

Remove ads