(IRR) The Rokugan IR (Thread 4)

redwing

First Post
Hello, I was told to post here from the general discussion board. Creamstreak said it was ok for me to take the Dragon Clan.

I am new to IR, Rogukan, and Playing in Character on Boards. Please don't automatically throw me out. I just need a couple of questions answered.

What are the rules? What do I control (land wise, ppl/army wise)?
What has been happening so far?

Thank you for the opportunity to play.

Creamsteak

Explorer
redwing said:
Hello, I was told to post here from the general discussion board. Creamstreak said it was ok for me to take the Dragon Clan.

I am new to IR, Rogukan, and Playing in Character on Boards. Please don't automatically throw me out. I just need a couple of questions answered.

What are the rules? What do I control (land wise, ppl/army wise)?
What has been happening so far?

Thank you for the opportunity to play.

You just gave me a fealing of nastalgia... You called me Creamstreak... which is what Edena (the moderator of the 3rd IR) called me when he first read my name.

The name is C R E A M S T E A K though. Just so that you don't call me that in the fugure.

The rules are located here... but ignore that for now.

I'll just briefly explain what you need to know right before you play:

Every power has PL (power levels) that represents the "manpower" of your country or army or whatever. Manpower is used to research, build up industry, and form armies.

The other score you have is called IR (industry rating) which is different for every city and country you control. Your industry rating represents military acadamies, factories, mines, and other thigns that you use to produce. Your IR rating determines how much money (in PL increments) you make each turn (a turn is one year of IC time).

Now that we have those two, let me move on...

Every turn at the beginning of the turn, I call for templates. What a template is, is a little email you send me that tells me what you are researching, what you are building, how much of your PL is in armies, and how much PL is researching. Templates just tell me some numbers so I can handle all the behind the scenes stuff (like fighting).

Battles and everything like that are run IC (in character) and they are all subject to planning and strategy that you handle yourself. You never need to announce any numbers in combat, because none of that stuff is actually "seen." Things that are "seen" are all In Character.

Anyway...

During a turn you handle everything In Character for the most part (including fighting, building, speaking, and just general creativity).

Now, the rules posted here are about things involving your template. However, the couple things that are not obvious are probably the +x/+y.

+x (the first number) represents attack power. Attacks are rolled on a D6. +x is added to your D6 in order to increase the chances you will roll a 6 or higher (a successful attack). Defensively, +y is the same, but each roll of 6 or higher is a successful defense (blocking an attack). Attacks that are 7 cannot be blocked by a defense of 6, if that question popped up in your mind...

Me and the rest of the players I think know the rules quite well, and don't need too much walking through. I'll help you out as the game progresses, and I'll help you develop your templates until you think you are ready to go on your own.

So... do any other questions come to your mind right now?

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
The second post in the thread that pops up if you click on one of the links above is about what you control. That huge list is about what power you have. Right now, the current dragon clan claims are under my name (Creamsteak). Just scroll down to about the middle of that list, and look for the bold text that reads Creamsteak PL 180/180.

That's your new power... I believe...

Oh... btw, Nothing has technically happened yet. We still have not began the game, we are waiting briefly to find out when we want to start (a few days away).

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
The Forsaken One said:
Euhhh creamy.... Edena is a HE ...:rolleyes:

Yeah... I know that, but somehow the whole Femine sound of nouns ending in the letter A keeps causing me to end with femine pronounds and stuff... anyway, fixed.

Last edited:

Creamsteak, wouldn't it be better if Redwing took up Tarrasque's position, that way we have all the clans/powers accounted for? Jigoku knows that the Shadowlands could use a little help and that I wouldn't mind helping Redwing to devise a few...plans... :)

Btw Redwing if you can, join Chat (button on the top) and then when you're in the DnD3e channel, type /join #IR, I'm usually around and I can help you understand the IR a little better (hopefully) ;) Darkwolf is also usually there as well as Kalanyr during the later times of the day (depending where you are).

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
creamsteak said:
Lichtenhart, if you emailed me, I didn't get it (no clue why...).

Well, don't base your opinion on shinjo messenger on my last post. :eek:
Actually I WANTED to send something IC to a lot of players, but haven't really found the time.
And now I'll probably wait a bit more, to give Venus, Lucias and Redwing some time to get in.

P.S. Oh and speaking of your title, what about a simple sensei?

Last edited:

Remove ads