(IRR) The Rokugan IR (Thread 4)

It's rumored but not confirmed from the Mantis list that Yoritomo Kumiko defeated the Mantis Onisu, with extra activities unconfirmed after the victory that included lighting up a Yoritomo Kitao xp card in blazing effegy.

Aaahhh a player and style to my own liking :D

Mantis Mantis!!!!!!!!!!! :D haha really cool :p Especially the rumored part.

Btw very good L5R joke I found in some thread on general rpg:

---
Me: Your katana slices through the disgusting floating creature, slicing it cleanly in half as he tries to flee. What do you do?
PC: I take my wasibi and....
---

LOOOLLL!!!!!!!!

For those who don't get it one of us surely can explain ot to you =] Hint: It has got something to do with honor and something you just don't do in that setting as honorable samuri =]

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
:rolleyes: Tarrasque decided to drop out NOW :rolleyes:

Egad... what to do, what to do... (To say I wasn't expecting this is an undertatement, however the simple timing of it is absolutely incredible :rolleyes: )

Lichtenhart

First Post
So what do we do? Start tomorrow anyway? Wait a little more?
Maybe Lucias would like to pick up the blood speakers.

I know I should be busier writing my background, but I have two simple little questions.

1) An army bonus applies to ALL your troops? I believed, since an artifact is carried by a PC or NPC, that it applied only to the army lead by that PC or NPC. If it's the other way now I understand why army bonusses are that expensive.

2)Rules for crafting artifacts are in force after the beginning, right? Can you post (or re-post if i missed it) any simple guideline to make artifacts before the game starts?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lichtenhart said:
So what do we do? Start tomorrow anyway? Wait a little more?
Maybe Lucias would like to pick up the blood speakers.

I know I should be busier writing my background, but I have two simple little questions.

1) An army bonus applies to ALL your troops? I believed, since an artifact is carried by a PC or NPC, that it applied only to the army lead by that PC or NPC. If it's the other way now I understand why army bonusses are that expensive.

2)Rules for crafting artifacts are in force after the beginning, right? Can you post (or re-post if i missed it) any simple guideline to make artifacts before the game starts?

1) An army bonus apples to all of your troops, NPCs, PCs, mixed units, and chipmunks in your territory :).

2) The rules for artifacts and epic spells are that you include notes that you are making them in your template. Turn 0 does not have templates (and no combat!) so don't worry about it yet. There will be a line in your template called "Gold that I am spending on Artifacts" and after that line you insert X gp and then the stats name/background whatever else for your artifact.

Knight Otu

First Post
A few more questions:

Do the benefits from a technology feat start counting the turn that you gain it, or the next turn?

If crafting an artifact or researching an epic spell leaves you with a surplus, can you carry it over to the next spell/artifact created/researched?

Creamsteak

Explorer
I say wait a few days. No need to rush anything. I'm sure all of you can procrastinate some more. I know I will :).

And um... you guys better PRAY that someone takes my slot, cause I have such a plan... It's not a good guy plan. It's not a bad guy plan. But it's very, very, very munchkin.

Or maybe I'm just trying to bait you all into a trap?

Or maybe I'm saying it's a trap so you guys stay away from me while I build an epic spell?

Or maybe I'm saying I'm researching a spell so you guys try and research a counter spell while I build an artifact?

Or maybe I'm not building an artifact because I have the dominant plan?

Hehehe, I'm already feeling "back in action."

Lichtenhart

First Post
I just understood that I should not be allowed to type.:rolleyes:
What I wanted to know is:
The table in the other thread says how much an artifact costs. But if I claim an artifact with my initial PL, it's not going to cost as much as once the game start. Is there a mini-table that says what kind of artifact I can claim with my initial PL.?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Lichtenhart said:
I just understood that I should not be allowed to type.:rolleyes:
What I wanted to know is:
The table in the other thread says how much an artifact costs. But if I claim an artifact with my initial PL, it's not going to cost as much as once the game start. Is there a mini-table that says what kind of artifact I can claim with my initial PL.?

Nope... no mini table. I just pop up and answer thsi same question when it pops up every time. Artifacts that can be claimed before a turn begins:

Any Character Bonus Artifacts with a total modifier up to +6.

Remove ads