• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Is 5th Edition Directly Descended from Star Wars Saga Edition?

Staffan

Legend
One thing I still love about SWSE is the way the feats-and-talents system allowed really easy, flexible multiclassing. It was about 1 or 2 steps away from being a truly classless system, and 5e's bounded accuracy would bridge most of the remaining gap.

It was basically the same system as d20 Modern, except "Soldier", "Scoundrel", and "Noble" are way more flavorful names than "Strong Hero", "Fast Hero", and "Charismatic Hero".

famouswolfe

Explorer
I know I'm new here, and sorry to necro this thread lol. I am thrilled to see that I'm not alone in wanting a new, updated Star Wars RPG. Well, it is my pleasure to announce to everyone that I am working on a full blown Star Wars RPG port to 5th Edition!! I've spent days poring over SW:SE core rulebook AND the 5th Edition D&D PHB, I feel that I've got a solid grasp of the rules and have figured out a way to make this happen. I'm writing a PDF, I will post download links once it's ready. Glad to see that there's an entire community out there that's interested in this!!!

I know I'm new here, and sorry to necro this thread lol. I am thrilled to see that I'm not alone in wanting a new, updated Star Wars RPG. Well, it is my pleasure to announce to everyone that I am working on a full blown Star Wars RPG port to 5th Edition!! I've spent days poring over SW:SE core rulebook AND the 5th Edition D&D PHB, I feel that I've got a solid grasp of the rules and have figured out a way to make this happen. I'm writing a PDF, I will post download links once it's ready. Glad to see that there's an entire community out there that's interested in this!!!

Eagerly awaiting this! :lol:

famouswolfe

Explorer
Thanks, I'll be sure to post in those forums later. So just an update on my progress, so far I've completed Chapter 1 which discusses how to make a character, what the ability scores are for, proficiency bonus, etc. If you've played D&D 5th edition it will all be very familiar. Right now I'm working on Chapter 2 which has all the different species. I've completed entries so far for Humans, Bothans, Cereans, Duros, Ewoks, Gamorreans, Gungans, and Ithorians. Still need to finish entries for the Kel Dor, Mon Calamari, Quarren, Rodians, Sullustans, Trandoshans, Twi'leks, Wookiees, and Zabrak. Not bad for a single days' work lol. Turning in for the night, it's already 3:30 Am, I will resume tomorrow. Thanks again for everyone's support, this is the first time I've ever done anything like this and I'm way excited!

Sure, with star wars races instead of D&D races, the Force instead of magic, blasters, lightsabers, death stars, x-wings, droids, etc.

In other words, nothing like Spelljamner except both being in space and using d20s

Space rock opera D&D.

We already have laser guns in the DMG and I feel like the Warlock could be refluffed as Jedi quite easily. Give the right spells and such and there you go.

Remathilis

Legend
Space rock opera D&D.

We already have laser guns in the DMG and I feel like the Warlock could be refluffed as Jedi quite easily. Give the right spells and such and there you go.

Hey, if that floats your boat. We're talking a literal conversion of Saga to 5e-like mechanics and math, which is very different than "Space D&D".

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads