• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is it just me...

Dribble.

First Post
Magi_Apolline said:
But I don't understand either.

Full no now!
Upper = Yankee.
But I got the feeling that some people might be offended when called "yankees"... so I just say uppers! Because anglosaxons is too long, and there's NO way I'm calling you americans.

Ruthia

First Post
Dribble. said:
Full no now!
Upper = Yankee.
But I got the feeling that some people might be offended when called "yankees"... so I just say uppers! Because anglosaxons is too long, and there's NO way I'm calling you americans.

*blinks and looks at the state she lives in, then grins evil*

I'm a damn Yankee and Damn proud of it! Born and raised in New York!

Krystal

First Post
Now in Michigan U-per (Perhaps you could call them an Uper / Upper), pronounced "yooper" is someone from the upper peninsula...

:p Chew on THAT. I'm not a Upper!

Magi_Trelian

First Post
*laughs and laughs* Okay, guys, does it help to remember that Dribble is from Argentina, I believe? So people in the USA aren't "Americans" because dammit there's other North, Central, and South Americans too. But he may not know that "Yankees" to those in the US can mean those north of the Mason-Dixon line, the division from the US's Civil War period. Though living in New England, I refuse to be a "Yankee" myself. Go "Red Sox"!

(Dribble: one of New York's baseball teams is called the "Yankees" ;-) )

Dribble.

First Post
Magi_Trelian said:
But he may not know that "Yankees" to those in the US can mean those north of the Mason-Dixon line, the division from the US's Civil War period. Though living in New England, I refuse to be a "Yankee" myself. Go "Red Sox"!

(Dribble: one of New York's baseball teams is called the "Yankees" ;-) )

AH! But I won't let myself be a victim of the upper (and possibly original) definition of the yankee term! Down south here, we call all US-people, yankees. As we call all spanish people gallegos, even if Galicia is a province or state or something. And don't get me started with irish and british!

Deirdre

First Post
Dribble. said:
AH! But I won't let myself be a victim of the upper (and possibly original) definition of the yankee term! Down south here, we call all US-people, yankees. As we call all spanish people gallegos, even if Galicia is a province or state or something. And don't get me started with irish and british!

Hush up, and eat a banana. And thank you, this thread got far too serious.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
I -should- read the entirety of this thread. I -should- try and keep up but I dont/cant. I dont object to what I've read, not by anyone, as I tend to look from different perspectives before I adjust my own. But seriously, the majority speak as if this is their -only- avenue for fun. I'm here on weekends, I choose to 'waste' my weekends here. If I dont like it, guess what, I dont show...grrrr find some adrenaline some place else. Do what makes you happy. Hell, I 'waste' some weekends 4x4ing, digging myself out of waist deep mud. Not exactly what most folks see as fun, but I get a good laugh out of it. And, ironically, it gives me time to think, often about my RPing or storylines that're being developed...quality time, that's great for my skin XD. Take a break, come back with something that's mind-blowing!...preferably without mud wrestling... :lol:

/rant.

Deirdre

First Post
Elf_Ariel said:
I -should- read the entirety of this thread. I -should- try and keep up but I dont/cant. I dont object to what I've read, not by anyone, as I tend to look from different perspectives before I adjust my own. But seriously, the majority speak as if this is their -only- avenue for fun. I'm here on weekends, I choose to 'waste' my weekends here. If I dont like it, guess what, I dont show...grrrr find some adrenaline some place else. Do what makes you happy. Hell, I 'waste' some weekends 4x4ing, digging myself out of waist deep mud. Not exactly what most folks see as fun, but I get a good laugh out of it. And, ironically, it gives me time to think, often about my RPing or storylines that're being developed...quality time, that's great for my skin XD. Take a break, come back with something that's mind-blowing!...preferably without mud wrestling... :lol:

/rant.

Can I play in the mud with you?

And I agree. Breaks are sometimes good for RP creative flow.

Remove ads