• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
IceWatch

"Michael Stormwarden" michael says as he extends his hand. 'Yes that would indeed be most welcome" Michale then will pick up his cigar case on the table and remove the top showing the dwark two more grand supemeos and one of the other upper brands he got off the noble at meramids rest.

Scotley

Hero
Sevestapol the dwarf takes a sip of his drink, "To your health sir!" perhaps in an attempt to cover his excitement. "You have fine taste in Cigar's for a human" he says in good humor. "Is that perhaps a part of your cargo? The locals would never appreciate such quality, but I might be able to help you move them." His eyes twinkle in merriment as the wheeling and dealing commences.

J. Alexander

First Post
Icewatch

taking a sip also mIchale will respond " Yes I do ?" then smiling he will add "Interesting..I was lead to belive my cargo of fine goods would turn a handsome profit so late in the season..perhaps it was wrong and I shall just buy.."

Scotley

Hero
"You mistake me Captain, while the locals do not have the refined tastes to appreciate your goods, those of us who live and work here in the cold dark dull winter are in desperate need of such amusements as we can get. Thus, there is a small but very eager market for quality items such as cigars, fine wine, tea, food, books and other such diversions. For the locals, tools, basic foodstuffs, cloth, ale, healing herbs, wool etc. always sell well. "

J. Alexander

First Post
IceWatch

Then it appears I may have some success after all....of these items you mentioned for both locals and business people I have and all of it is from superior to excellent quality. But my wish is to really turn it into some high end furs and unusal items...

Scotley

Hero
"Yes, the holy grail of our little snow drift. Being new here you could well stumble around until the harbor is frozen in for the season trying to make the contacts you'd need to buy the really fine furs. Sure, there are lots of locals out there with moldering piles of poorly tanned animal hides of various sorts. But to get the really valuable animals and the finest quality you need someone who knows the right people." He takes another gulp of his drink and fixes you with his best salesman's grin and 'you can trust me' locking of the eyes. "For a modest commission I could do the legwork and make sure you set sail in plenty of time to avoid the freeze which could start any day now. Trust me Captain you'd rather sail your ship through the very gates of hell than spend the winter here."

J. Alexander

First Post
IceWatch

"I think we can reach an agreement beneficial to us both, MIchael says then adds, I have always profited in many ways from my Dealings with Clan McKay and I would like to see a successulf filling of their order....Perhaps you would care to dine with me tonight aboard my ship to see the wares we have to offer.

In fact. Michael says and turns to one of the twins..and accepts a small box of cigars from him, and hands it to him..a small token of my appreciation in advance.

Scotley

Hero
Michael observes Sevastipol's eyes widen just a bit at the mention of clan McKay and the old sailor with the pipe and the newspaper nods meaning fully toward the door as he passes you on his way out. He intentionally walks behind the dwarf to give his signal.

"Very nice, thank you Captain. I'd be honored to dine with you this evening. The Retribution was it? Odd name for a merchant vessel."

Remove ads