Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
With a signal to his escourt, such as it is, to form up Michael will head to the square and look at furs in order to keep up the pretext. However as his hackels rise, Michael will take a moment to mug and number the two as well as to do a quick search of the area.

Scotley

Hero
The furs on display here prove to be a disappointment. They are of fairly common animals and not the finest example nor the best preserved. The two men look much like other Northmen, but Michael suspects he's been subjected to a detect magic and perhaps more during their passing. They too linger in the marketplace, and while not overtly watching you, they don't wander out of eyesight for very long either.

One of the lads accompanying you leans in close and says, "Captain, I know you'll think I'm crazy, but I think that bird is following us." Indeed, there is an Icehawk, a small northern bird of prey circling the market, though you cannot say for certain it is following you.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will note the bird and continue about his business in a very mudane and boring fashion...while letting, in a clumsey attempt to be conspirateral, that he is looking for exotic cargo so as to bait the trap and have them approach him

Scotley

Hero
The Icehawk and the two suspicious Northmen continue to circle Michael as he makes the rounds of the small town of Icewatch. The sky starts to darken early and Michael feels he's making little progress.

OOC: Make a diplomacy or gather information check which ever is better.

Scotley

Hero
As Michael is about ready to give up for the day he passes a fur dealer that he spoke with earlier. The man gives a sly wink and then calls loudly. "You've bought no furs sailor man. Come give my wares another look. I might have something you missed at first glance. Finest furs in the north these are." Despite the jolly sales pitch and the bitter cold you see beads of sweat on the man's forehead. He casts a wary eye for the men who have been dogging you all day.

J. Alexander

First Post
"Simply good sir, I have found none that have caught my fancy".."I am looking for some ice cougar or even the larger polar bear furs of the finest quality for my clients"..Michael says as he walks over. "He will silently singal his escourt to stand ready"

Scotley

Hero
"Is it really furs you'll be wanting or did you have something more...interesting in mind?" asks the man in a low conspiratorial voice. He gestures grandly at the furs and raises his voice. "Ice Cougar, I've got the finest Ice Cougar in the market sir. Just feel the softness of this fur. Have you felt anything softer outside a ladies boudoir? I thought not." He leans in close to give you a chance to respond. While your men tense up there is no obvious threat. The Northmen who have been watching you are some distance away talking with another trader. Though the bird continues to circle lazily.

J. Alexander

First Post
"This does seem to be of passable quality" MIchael says and lowering his voice..he adds "I have several commissions to buy goods of a much more diverse and exotic manner"

Scotley

Hero
"I thought you were a discerning buyer. Of course such things are tightly controlled and subject to extensive government oversight." He pats the furs again. "I know you'll find these furs to your liking." Then he continues in a softer voice. "There might be items to be had in less formal channels..."

Remove ads