• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
IceWatch

"Yes indeed,named in honor of a bad business deal that turned out better in the end, Michale says..then adds.."say 5pm then"..and takes his leave of the dwarf and exits the room by the door the old sailor took

Scotley

Hero
The dwarf raises his glass in final salute, "Until this evening then."

Michael finds the Sailor, now bundled against the cold in a rich plaid scarf and thick woolen pea coat with heavy gold buttons. The man stands in the lea of a column lighting his pipe with a tindertwig. "Afternoon Captain, lads," he says with a nod to each of you. Getting the pipe lit, he clamps it between his teeth and slips his hands into his pockets. "Thought we might chat a bit sailor to sailor if you've a mind to learn where the reefs are here abouts as it were."

Scotley

Hero
"That sot Sevestipol ain't a bad sort. Oh he'll try to get the toughest deal he can and maybe exaggerate a bit, but he's fairly honest. 'Ware the locals though. The lot that hangs about here with their moldy furs are alright, but them that stays in the shadows. The ones who really run things here are a dangerous lot."

J. Alexander

First Post
So rumor has it Michael comments..but alas i do have a special business commission that is paying very handsome that i need to fufill...i have a client who wishes some of the darker items to be found up here..not my usual cargo but they made a very enticing offer..

Scotley

Hero
"You play with fire Captain. That means dealing with the bad uns I warned you about. You won't make as much on furs and such, but you can't spend the money if you end up a slave to the magic of the shadowy ones." He glances about nervously before continuing. "They deal in control and necromancy. I've seen more than one come back from seeking them out with a hollow look in his eye and no will of his own left. A terrible fate to be sure. That's if they come back at all." The already chill air seems to have grown colder as the sailor speaks of these horrors.

Scotley

Hero
"I've an office up the street if you've a mind. It is warmer and more private. 'Aberdeen and sons Import and Export'. I'll not turn away a reasonably consulting fee if I can be of service to you."

Scotley

Hero
"Very good Captain. Do take care and I shall expect you in the morning." His tone becomes much more formal as a couple of northmen draped in heavy furs approach. "You can find several fur dealers in the main square sir. Good Day." With that he clamps his pipe back between his teeth and ambles down the street with the rolling gait of one long accustomed to shipboard life. The two northmen pass without apparent interest in you, but something about them raises your hackles none the less.

Remove ads