Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
Nac'Losin provides the requested healing and waits to hear the tale. She treats arrow wounds, some nasty scratches and what looks like frost bite, likely of magical origin.

"Cold indeed. Got lured into a bit of a trap. These guys really don't like outsiders. I'm not sure how, but they made me as an interloper almost immediately. They must have some sort of secret signals that I didn't give. I thought I was in and next thing I knew I was in a pit full of some sort of wicked frost cats with sharp claws and icy breath."

He shudders and takes another sip of brandy. "I managed to get out of that and then spent the next several hours evading the hunters they sent after me. Hard men all."

J. Alexander

First Post
"interesting" Michael says and will pour himself a nice drink and offer both nicholas and the priestess a beverage. Taking a few more minutes in silence Michael will muse. "they know were here and they know we know they know we are here, so what do to......they are expecting something stealthy and something sneakey, thus Nicholas reception. I feel we need to do something unexpected, something so over the top that it will catch them offguard and maybe generate an knee jerk reaction. With a wicked gleam in his eye Michale will say "Before i summon the others and put it on the table..you may want to ask yourself just how adventeruous and bold you are feeling"

With that Michale will summon his council to meet in 30 minutes, he will ask Grond, Chandar, the Sorceress, William, the priestess, and the two lieutiants. He will ask ask grumbar to prepare a small tray of nibbles.

Scotley

Hero
The council is assembled as ordered and all arrive in less than 30 min. Grumbar has some bite sized meat pies steaming from the oven with a piquant sauce that makes them even hotter, sliced pears that are a little soft but marvelously sweet from their mildly over ripe state, molasses oat cookies fortified with dried fruits and chunky with nuts, a yellow and a blue cheese as well as steaming pots of tea with milk, honey and even the last of his store of fresh lemons.

The council members look surprisingly fresh for the early morning hour with the exception of the Sorceress who's hair is still pinned up for sleeping and who is wrapped in a thick fur robe over sleeping gown. Her little pig familiar is still dozing on her lap, but does rouse himself to eat a pear slice or two. The reptilian/amphibian members of the council are also thickly wrapped against the cold. Chandar makes a brave showing, but his normally glistening dark lizard-man hide is pale where visible and he moves very slowly.

All seem eager for some action. Laying about in this frosty climate has left them all restive. Grumbar stokes the braziers and tipples a bit of Dwarven Ruby from a crystal flask, a fiery liquor said to be strong enough to prepare a dwarf warrior to face dragon flames, into the tea of any who are interested. Nac'Losin holds out her mug for a double shot and even the Sorceress has a nip in her tea, but struggles to get it down. Chandar seems a bit revived as the warmth spreads through his massive body. They exchange few pleasantries and soon all eyes are on the Captain in expectation.

J. Alexander

First Post
Dangerous Gambit

As they have assembled Michale will wait for a few moments and then say" They know we are here, and as I have realated earlier, they know we know that that know that we know etc.... and are expecting something stealthy, and sneakey as been our custom. Perhaps we need a more bold gambit, something that will unsettle them and get the to move in haste. We have in our possession certain items that they want back. I propose we basically announce the fact that we are here to ransom these items and set a time limit of 48 hours. After which we will leave icewatch. This will unsettle them and perhaps force their hand. It will also keep them guessing as to our intention, which while I do wish to carry the fight to them, I feel that we need no longer belabor the issue, to date we have exacted a lot from them in regards to their actions and failing their response, we close the books and move on"

Scotley

Hero
The group becomes more animated at the prospect of action.

"That might make them engage in a frontal assault. We know they have little in the way of proper warships, but they could send a sizable boarding party out in little boats. Perhaps if we lay off a bit from shore to give us plenty of warning," suggests a lieutenant.

J. Alexander

First Post
Dangerous Gambit

"Yes in this instance it may truly well be a test of brute strength,,but i fear they will bring magic to bear as well..we may be safer docked, yes a sitting target but it makes it a bit harder to swarm us on all sides...

J. Alexander

First Post
End Games

"That is what i am counting on, them not being able to quite grasp the idea that we are so bold as to sail in and offer one or two of the items up for ransome. It will either flush them out by pissing them off and them attacking or it will be a small delegation to test our intentions, needless to say they will have to surface for that also?

So unless there is an objection, just how shall we phrase our missive,, perhaps thru a song delivered by our wandering minstral?

Scotley

Hero
Said minstrel pales at the suggestion. "Do they kill the messenger in these parts."

But Willum is soon considering his approach. "Who do we go to? I thought this was all shadowy hush hush stuff. Will some of the local contacts you've made be able to help guide us?"

J. Alexander

First Post
How about a song you can develope around the them.."Treasurser lost at Mermaids Rest can be reddemed with Treasuer Chest's...that is something they should pick up on...and perhaps...Icey Power put to rest by those who wielded fire's best....

Pretty much to the point..........
The we will post hand bills annoucning our departure in 48 hours all over the town..simpley stating those who wish to trade should do so....

Remove ads