Island Empire Characters

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

Here it is, for anyone interested in a visual of one of your mates! Just click on the thumbnail to get the full size pic.

Attachments

• Rook IEC Solarize.jpg
    Rook IEC Solarize.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 102

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

Mowgli said:
Here it is, for anyone interested in a visual of one of your mates! Just click on the thumbnail to get the full size pic.

Cool pic Mike, wish we all still had chests and waistlines like that, that looks like the old Peppy who used to haul basketball goals on his back.

J. Alexander

First Post
Well we could all get off our bums and work out and gain it back...but I for one am way to lazy and to addicted to good beer :)

Actually wish me luck, just started working out again and have stuck with it for two weeks now...but man i feel so much like a wuss with the weight i am lifting...but hey gotta crawl before we walk again much less run.

Scotley

Hero
I'm doing the Flynn curl now. The trick is building strength faster than he is growing. He's up to about 20 pounds. That's all the exercise I get in these days. The pic is great. He looks like he should have been able to kick a lot more pig farmer ass. :)

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Ok guys, for those of you who have been wondering just what Finn is and can do, here's the approved version. I'll tack on the appearance and history in a bit. Got to finish running a bridge game so I can really type it out.

Phineas "Finn" Hunter
Human Rogue 4th/Wilder 6th
Sea Dog

S: 10 (+0) (pc 2)
D: 16 (+3) (pc 6, +2 level bonus)
C: 10 (+0) (pc 2)
I: 16 (+3) (pc 10)
W: 14 (+2) (pc 6)
Ch: 14 (+2) (pc 6)

HP: 43 Power Points: 41
BAB: +7

Fort: +3 Ref: +8 Will: +8
Init: +7 (Dex plus Imp. Init.)
AC: 16 Touch: 16

Height: 5'8" Weight: 160 Left Handed
Hair: Brown Eyes: Blue Skin: Tanned

Skills:
Climb: 4 (4+0)
Swim: 4 (2+2+0)

Balance: 8 (5+3)
Hide: 12 (9+3)
Move Silently: 13 (10+3)
Open Lock: 12 (9+3)
Sleight of Hand: 12 (9+3)
Use Rope: 5 (2+3)

Decipher Script: 9 (6+3)
Disable Device: 8 (5+3)
KS: Sea: 5 (2+3)
Search: 16 (11+3+2)

Listen: 12 (10+2)
PS: Sailor: 6 (4+2)
PS: Cannoneer: 6 (4+2)
Sense Motive: 15 (13+2)
Spot: 15 (13+2)

Bluff: 12 (10+2)
Gather Info: 17 (13+2+2)

Feats:
Improved Initiative
Weapon Finesse: Rapier
Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Firearms
Open Minded
Investigator

Special Abilities:
Sneak Attack +2d6
Evasion
Trap Finding
Trap Sense +1
Uncanny Dodge
Wild Surge +2
Psychic Enervation
Elude Touch
Surging Euphoria +1
Volatile Mind +1

Psychic Powers:

Level 1:
Far Hand
Telempathic Projection

Level 2:
Cloud Mind

Level 3:
Touchsight

Gear:
Rapier +1 (d6, 18-20/x2)
MW Silvered Dagger (d4, 19-20/x2)
+2 Pistol
Two Medium Pistols (d6+1, 19-20/x2) (3 reloads each)
Special shot - 4 Adamantine, 4 Cold Iron, 4 Alchemical Silver
Belaying Pin (d4, 20/x2)
Marin's dagger

Bracers of Armor +1 (leather wristbands)
Ring of Protection +1 (worn on left hand)
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 (Starfish amulet)
Psionic Tattoos:
10 Inertial Armor (5th Level Caster)
8 Force Screen (5th Level Caster)

Dust of Tracelessness (2 bags)
Cognizance Crystal (7 power points) - Empathy (2/day, 3rd Level)
Least Crystal of Revelation
Marin's pouch
Marin's Flask
Silk Nightshirt
MW Thieves Tools (+2 Disable Device, Open Locks)
MW Climber's Kit (+4 climbing)
50' Silk Rope (Dyed Black)
Steel Mirror
Hooded Lantern
Belt Pouches (Spell Component Pouch for gunpowder, Belt pouch for money)
Crowbar
Grappling Hook
Sea Bag (Large heavy reinforced canvas haversack)
Tendertwigs (20)
Explorer and Traveler Clothing
Blanket
Flint and Steel

Money:
3 pp
17 gp
28 sp
20 cp
11 - 50gp gems (semi-precious stones hidden in climber's kit)
3 - 100gp pearls
3000gp letter of credit - Marin
History:

If someone had asked Finn five years ago if he would ever spend time on board ships, he would have answered , "Only if there's a treasure worthy of my effort." An accomplished young thief and con man, he was a member in good standing of the Cambre thieves guild, with a bright future ahead of him. Then came an eye opening and mind expanding experience.

The Imperial Espionage Corps was looking to infiltrate the guild, not to wipe it out, but to make sure alternative lines of communication were kept open. Their chosen agent, a Psion named Angela, decided seducing Finn would be her means of entry. As he was not an unattractive lad, her seduction included a bedroom encounter. Finn, a virgin at the time, found the occassion more than he had expected, as did Angela. In losing his virginity to a psionic, Finn's own latent abilitiies manifested. Yes, the world moved for Finn that night, in more ways that one.

With this development, Finn was whisked off to be absorbed and trained by the IEC. He knew too much to be allowed to remain in Cambre, where the IEC believes he would rejoin the Guild and inform them of the infiltration. So, to the Fleet he was sent, for naval training and a cover that would allow him to find out what was occurring in the nations around the Island Empire. For the last four years, he has plied a trade as a cannoneer and seaman, one that he has actually found he enjoys. But he also has been involved in monitoring events and stealing secrets when needed.

The IEC is charged with monitoring psionic individuals by the Imperial Family, which includes a few such individuals itself. Most Psionics ended up members of the Corps, some not so willing ones. Finn is one who is betwixt and between. While not unwilling to bend a knee to the Crown, he has always been a loner. The rules chafe, and so the IEC does keep a rein on him. Inscribed on his back is a very special psionic tattoo that allows then to monitor where he is and communicate with him when they see fit. He cannot himself invoke the link, but it is through this that he receives his orders. He was on his way to Mermaid's Rest himself to investigate the disappearance of the Marin ships for the IEC when he joined the crew of the "Rumpled Bedsheet".

Oh, and in case you were wondering, that S. A. M. in my signature does mean something. Try Secret Agent Man. :D ;) :cool:

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Just a suggestion, as the number of books grows, it is probably wise to list sources for spells and magic items or other gear.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Scott -

Updated Rook's character sheet and the link to it. Rather than taking another feat right now, I chose to add back the 2000 exp I used to purchase Two Weapon Fighting for Rook.

Mike

PS - Any idea when we'll get some more Exp to play with? We've done quite a lot since the last batch (it's been over a year!).

Remove ads