• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire OOC, (Closed)

Erland

First Post
Scott,
I'm curious about the options while grappling:
Draw a Light Weapon
You can draw a light weapon as a move action with a successful grapple check.

Escape from Grapple
You can escape a grapple by winning an opposed grapple check in place of making an attack. You can make an Escape Artist check in place of your grapple check if you so desire, but this requires a standard action. If more than one opponent is grappling you, your grapple check result has to beat all their individual check results to escape. (Opponents don’t have to try to hold you if they don’t want to.) If you escape, you finish the action by moving into any space adjacent to your opponent(s).

Specifically, if drawing a light weapon and escaping from grapple require essentially identiacal checks, why would anyone ever try to draw a light weapon instead of grappling?

Oh, well... I guess I'll make a doomed-to-failure attempt to break free of the beast :(

Scotley

Hero
I think the key is 'move action'. I believe without the check you can draw a light weapon as a full round action. If you do it as a move action then you still get an attack. I'll have to double check.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Scott,

I'm taking a liberty, I know, presuming that H'Roosh and Annora are acquainted. It seemed he needed a reason to be coming to Salty Bill's, and appeared to be flowing well, so I went with it.

With the assumption of acquaintance comes the assumption that she knows his Lawful nature - true, he's more about the law of the sea than anything else, but it will still have to carry over.

He does have two years of history outside the Monastery to account for - possibly some time at Mermaid's Rest wouldn't be out of order?

Scotley

Hero
Sure, some knowledge of Annora in the past is fine. H'Roosh's nature will certainly show through, but given the kind of people she meets in the 'Rest, she doesn't have a trusting nature.

H'Roosh, in reality, shouldn't get a full share of exp., but it seems fair given the loss of Rook. Did I give experience points for the battle with all the undead onboard the Rumpled Bedsheet? I remember doing it, but can't find a record of it. I'll have to check at home too.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I don't remember getting it, but then H'Roosh wouldn't be getting a share anyway. I'll have to look and see if Rook would've gotten a level, though - he might have survived had he been one level higher ;)

Scotley

Hero
You're all bunch of greedy experience point ho's! Unfortunately, I can't find my notes of the experience points awarded for the great undead battle. I think it was around 4k, so I'm going to reset everyone's experience point totals to 37,001. That makes everyone without a level adjusting race 9th level.

I'm going to be at an off-site meeting the rest of the day, but I'll check in this evening.

Remove ads