Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Scotley

Hero
The hydra is dead and the lock open. The portcullis is obviously heavy, but a combined effort should be able to lift it.

The passage beyond looks to rise slightly going forward.

OOC: Actions?

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp67/76,AC23

"Ok, some of you big, strong guys sling that portcullis skyward, and I'll casually stroll through." Gnurl will take up the most protected position that he can find right in the middle of the party.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon will give a dirty look to Gnurl, "I opened it, I think the least you can do is help lift."

OOC - I know you are kidding Leif, and Radoon would know this and he is not really upset, but would still say this.

Leif

Adventurer

A shocked expression comes over Gnurl's face and he lays a hand against his cheek, next to his wide-open mouth. "Oh, my stars! Such an attitude! Tell you what, you make me grow until I"m tall enough to hold the gate high enough for you to walk through, and I'll gladly do it.";)

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil, AC 25 HP 27/66

Zurrik will place one hand on Gnurl's shoulder and one on Radoon's shoulder. While the three appear to remain where they are, they also appear on the other side of the portcullis.

After a moment, the images on the hydra-side disappear, and Zurrik says, "Please watch our backs" to Gnurl. Turning back to the portcullis, Zurrik will grab hold and help lift. :p

[sblock=OOC]
Flee the Scene can take up to two medium creatures and what they carry.
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer

As he complies with Zurrik's request and turns his back to the gate to watch for any motion in the unexplored region, Gnurl will, with practiced accuracy, fish in his pouch for a roll of toilet paper with which to clean himself. "Hell, I thought that I was supposed to be the wizard around here!"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The passage seems to rise slightly going on beyond the portcullis. Perhaps it is only your imagination, but you think you can smell the jungle ahead.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh

"I suspect our new friend wished to pad the odds somewhat by softening us up before he comes calling. Hardly sporting . . ."

H'Roosh squats in front of the portcullis and takes a firm hold, then waits for his friends to aid before straining to lift the iron gate.

Once through, he reaches into his duffel and removes a vial of dark gray liquid. Putting it to his lips, he drains it dry.

[sblock=OOC/Scotley]Drinking Rhino Elixer - Plus 3 Natural AC and +1 Damage for 12 hours.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The portcullis is well maintained and while heavy it proves no challenge once a concentrated effort is offered. Soon the group is moving up toward the nighttime jungle.

OOC: Any healing or other prep you want to make before venturing to the surface?

Remove ads