• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It usually starts with a dinner party

JimAde

First Post
Masleh said:
That's pretty similar, I'll see if I can find the exact language used in CD so you can know exactly what it does.
Thanks. It's in Complete Divine? I've been thinking about shelling out for that anyway for my own game. If I order it, though, I still won't have it in time for the game.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Warforged Fighter substitution: 2+Int skills, fewer skill choices (Craft and Intimidate only I think). D12 HD, and +3 Init and save s. fear instead of a fighter feat. At second, a Warforged Feat in place of a Fighter Bonus Feat at 2nd level.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
ah i though it was drop the armor proficency to gain one or the other. eather way it dosen't bother me much, though i still want the d12 hd if thats ok.
The warforge's figher subsitusion only has 3 levels, one at first, one at second and one at forth. for skills it grants craft and intimidate at 2+int modifier. I would like to take the 1'st and second levels of it.
In place of the 1'st level fighter feat i gain " Battle Hardenede(xe): A warforged fighter is crafted for battle, ready to act at a moment's notice and hardened against terror. He gains a +3 bonus on initiative checks and on saves versus fear effects. This substitusion feature replaces the standard fighter's bonus feat gained at first level"
In place of the 2'nd level fighter feat i gain " Bonus Warforged Feat: at second level a warforged fighter can take any warforged feat he meets the prerequisets for. this substitusion replaces the standard fighters 2'nd level bonus feat"

Masleh

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:
Warforged Fighter substitution: 2+Int skills, fewer skill choices (Craft and Intimidate only I think). D12 HD, and +3 Init and save s. fear instead of a fighter feat. At second, a Warforged Feat in place of a Fighter Bonus Feat at 2nd level.

thanks

Masleh

First Post
JonnyFive said:
ah i though it was drop the armor proficency to gain one or the other. eather way it dosen't bother me much, though i still want the d12 hd if thats ok.
The warforge's figher subsitusion only has 3 levels, one at first, one at second and one at forth. for skills it grants craft and intimidate at 2+int modifier. I would like to take the 1'st and second levels of it.
In place of the 1'st level fighter feat i gain " Battle Hardenede(xe): A warforged fighter is crafted for battle, ready to act at a moment's notice and hardened against terror. He gains a +3 bonus on initiative checks and on saves versus fear effects. This substitusion feature replaces the standard fighter's bonus feat gained at first level"
In place of the 2'nd level fighter feat i gain " Bonus Warforged Feat: at second level a warforged fighter can take any warforged feat he meets the prerequisets for. this substitusion replaces the standard fighters 2'nd level bonus feat"

THe sub levels are a little iffy given their reducded cost in a ghestalt rules set, but since you'll be taking a d12 hd anyway, those are fine.

How old do you envision Ax to be, and how much of his/its past do you want to know before the game starts?

JonnyFive

First Post
I personaly put Ax's birth at about 964-5, the year that the "current" warforgrd were really made. I also see him as one of the first ones to come out of the forge, hence his lack of armor plating(unarmored body feat).

For his past, i want to basicaly give him a flaw of amniesia, but what he does remember is that he was in the Last War, and somewhere near the end He lost a battle, in the process he was rendered inert. a time later he was reactivated by a monistary group, but sometime while he was inert, his memory was damaged.

In the war i placed him as a lower raking general for field forces, or even a major general himself. for what nation i will leave up to you.

Masleh

First Post
JimAde said:
Perfect. I take it Sense Elements allows me to sense the presence of magical elemental forces (like spells and actual elementals) in a manner similar to a Detect Magic spell? I love the charm elemental bit. If you'll let me tweak my spell list I think I'll try to sneak a Summon Monster III in there so I can reinforce the elemental theme.

As a full round action, you can become aware of all sources of one chosen element within 10 feet of you. You learn the size of the objects but not their precise location or actual nature.
By concentrating longer, you can either extend your magical senses or gather more info about the elemental sources you have detected. Each additional round spent in concentration allows you to add 5 feet to the radius of your sense ability, to the maximum of 5 additional feet per shugenja level (8 = 50 total feet) Alternatively, you can focus on one source of the sensed element per round, attempting a spell craft check to determine more about a specific elemental source. The amount of info you learn depends upon your spellcraft check result.

20-24: sources general location
25-29: Whether the source is natural or a spell effect
30-34: Whether the item is a creature or object
35+: The exact nature of the source

In subsequent rounds you may focus your attention on a differint item, extend your senses, or retry your spellcraft check. Like many divinitations, your sense elements ability is blocked by 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt.

Lastly, if you want to increase your Dragonmark abilities you may take the lesser and greater mark of forces. (you currently posses the least mark)

With lesser, you may sense elements 3/day and charm elements 1/day. The Greater mark of forces allows you to cast either protection from elements or dominate elemental 1/day.

JimAde

First Post
Cool. So if I want the Charm ability I have to take at least the Lesser, right? Hmm. As usual I'm hurting for feats. I'll see what I can do. :)

By the way, can I post Caspar in the RG? I didn't get the official OK from you.

Masleh

First Post
JimAde said:
Cool. So if I want the Charm ability I have to take at least the Lesser, right? Hmm. As usual I'm hurting for feats. I'll see what I can do. :)

By the way, can I post Caspar in the RG? I didn't get the official OK from you.

If you want the charm ability with no action point cost, it'll cost you a feat, but as things stand now you can still cast it once per day, you'll just need to be conservative with its use.

Hmm, musta slipped my mind. Go ahead & put him on the RG.

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
He's up, with the Lesser Dragonmark (lost empower spell). I also added a mention of the dragonmark to his history. If you instead want it to be a recent addition, let me know.

I'm going to need those action points, I think. :)

Remove ads