• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It usually starts with a dinner party

Masleh

First Post
JonnyFive said:
I personaly put Ax's birth at about 964-5, the year that the "current" warforgrd were really made. I also see him as one of the first ones to come out of the forge, hence his lack of armor plating(unarmored body feat).

For his past, i want to basicaly give him a flaw of amniesia, but what he does remember is that he was in the Last War, and somewhere near the end He lost a battle, in the process he was rendered inert. a time later he was reactivated by a monistary group, but sometime while he was inert, his memory was damaged.

In the war i placed him as a lower raking general for field forces, or even a major general himself. for what nation i will leave up to you.

hmm, okay I think we can work that in. Do you want to discuss what's in the letter now or would you prefer to wait til lthe game starts?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey Masleh,

Just FYI, I've been quiet for a while but an still very interested in playing.
What are you targetting as a start date?
Also, 've been playing with the idea of switching some monk levels with psychic warrior (my character could then be a "fallen monk", possibly NG).

Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up.
I was also wondering, do powers like "claw of the beast" stack with the monk's unarmed attack bonus?

Thanks and cheers,

SG

IcyCool

First Post
Steve Gorak said:
I was also wondering, do powers like "claw of the beast" stack with the monk's unarmed attack bonus?

Read Claws of the Beast a little more carefully. You'll see that they can't be used with any other weaponry. I looked into this for an earlier game and found that it didn't work.

Masleh

First Post
Steve Gorak said:
Hey Masleh,

Just FYI, I've been quiet for a while but an still very interested in playing.
What are you targetting as a start date?
Also, 've been playing with the idea of switching some monk levels with psychic warrior (my character could then be a "fallen monk", possibly NG).

Thanks and cheers,

SG

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm with IcyCool on this one, the claws completely replace your damage and number of attacks. Some feats may still be able to stack, such as stunning fist, but not most of them. Definately replaces/does not stack with your already impressive unarmed damage

Masleh

First Post
Dracomeander said:
I'll stick with the Urban Ranger variant. The information gathering and urban tracking are more appropriate for the social type of enemies Korantash is choosing for his favored enemies. Besides, the Psion(Nomad) has Survival as a class skill so he can gain proficiency in the wilderness later if it becomes necessary.

My PnP DMs trust us not to use out of character knowledge, they just don't want us to have the books to reference in case they want to change things around. The DM with the greatest restrictions is the one this game will probably impact least as all the characters but mine just went into epic levels.

Any information appropriate for my character to know is fair game.
For Masleh only...
I will start posting the mechanics portion of the character soon while we continue to work out the background.

Ok on all points, and it looks like the angle you're exploring in the other game won't have much affect in this one.

I've been delaying my response to look through Sharn: City of Towers, but I'm not finding much at all Kalshatar activities (though I browsed through Races of Eberron earlier this week and am now familiar with the Shadow Watches) in Sharn. Is there anything you can tell me about who they are, usual occupations and relations with others in the city?

Masleh

First Post
Erudite said:
Just dropping a line to let everyone I'm still here, and ready to play when everyone else is!

Glad to hear it, the game will be up between the 2nd of November and the 6th.

If you're looking for something to do in between then, your character and IcyCool's Oracle are similar in outlook and intrest, perhaps your characters know each other before the story initially sets out.

Erudite

First Post
IcyCool,

As per Masleh's suggestion, I took a look at your character and found this:
IcyCool said:
During a foray into a ruined temple in the Mournlands, a vision led him to discover a dwarven tome detailing some of the practices of rune magic. The tome also contained many writings on topics that the Church would consider heretical. He has kept his discovery a secret, even from his superiors in the church, for fear that an inquisitor might use it as a reason to declare him a heretic. Secretly, he believes that knowledge of these dark topics could help his people in the times to come, and takes any opportunity he can to leave on archeological expeditions to various sites in the hopes he can find out more.

Oskar's skills have made him highly sought after by those who can afford the donations for his services. Several wealthy bankers, clergy, and clan leaders have sought him out to cast and interpret the runes for them on a variety of subjects ranging from where to invest, what political rivals to trust, and even how best to impress a love interest. While his readings are just as sufficiently cryptic as most others, his reputation grown all the same.

and then at Ral's sheet (my character)

Erudite said:
A seeker of knowledge, he is constantly trying to understand the dark dangers surrounding the people of Khorvaire, dangers he believes were far better understood by the ancient peoples of the past. The giants of Xen'drik, the dragons, even the hobgoblins, all posses secrets neccessary to preserving civilization as he knows it. Toward that understanding, he haunts mouldering libraries, risks his life hacking his way through steaming jungles to search time-haunted ruins, and takes apart cursed artifacts to learn awful secrets. All of this he is certain will be needed to avert some awful catastrophe, he is certain. If only he could convince others...

Ral Irothu holds the extremely important position of Curator of Antiquities at Morgrave University, and works closely with acquaintences who have frequently proven resourceful in his travels around the world. While influential at the University, he had to constantly fight the negative perceptions of the other great centers of learning in Khorvaire, who respected him personally, but could not accept his theories due to his affiliations. He continues his quests for knowledge anyway, certain that digging up sufficient truths will convince his brothers and sisters in academia.

I certainly see a connection here. Perhaps both men have been on expeditions with each other? Given their interests, and the fact that most clerics will not be too happy with their interests, they may be collaborators on research, hypotheses, and theories.

Remove ads