• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It usually starts with a dinner party

Dracomeander

First Post
Masleh said:
I've been delaying my response to look through Sharn: City of Towers, but I'm not finding much at all Kalshatar activities (though I browsed through Races of Eberron earlier this week and am now familiar with the Shadow Watches) in Sharn. Is there anything you can tell me about who they are, usual occupations and relations with others in the city?

The group of Shadow Watchers I see Korantash being affiliated with would be one of the more proactive groups led by the Atavists. These groups take their war against the Dark outside of their community to fight evil wherever they find it. They still operate as circumspectly as they can since they don't want to draw retribution back on their community, but they believe just policing their own and staying hidden will only lead to defeat. Most of them take levels in adventuring psionic-oriented classes (including monk). They would also take levels in social-oriented adventuring classes to better blend in to the background of the cities to give them a better chance of identifying the sources of evil infecting those communities.

As far as the mechanics of the character are concerned, this is what I have for Korantash so far. Still need to pick out his mundane equipment.
[Sblock]
Korantash
Race: Kalashtar
Height: 6’2” Weight: 175#
Black Hair Blue Eyes Age: 52

Gestalt Class: Urban Ranger / Psion(Nomad) 8

Str: 14 +2
Dex: 16 +3 (18 +4 with Gloves)
Con: 14 +2
Int: 18 +4 (20 +5 with Headband)
Wis: 14 +2
Cha: 8 –1 (10 +0 with Cloak)

AC: 22 (+7 Inertial Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Deflection)
HD(Hit Points): 8d8 + 16 (64)

Power Points: 82 (58 Psion + 16 Int bonus + 8 Racial)
With Headband: 86 (58 + 20 + 8)

Initiative: 4 (+4 Dex)
Move: 30 (40 when psionically focused)

Fortitude 8 = 6 + 2
Reflex 10(9) = 6 + 4(3)
Willpower 8 = 6 + 2

Base Attack: +8 / +3

Kalashtar Abilities:
* Naturally Psionic: +1 Bonus Power Point per Level.
* +2 Racial Bonus on Saves vs. Mind-Affecting.
* +2 Racial Bonis on Bluff, Diplomacy, & Intimidate.
* +2 Racial Bonus to Disguise as Human.
* Does not Dream. Immune to Dreams & Nightmares.
* Psi-Like Ability: Mindlink 1/day.

Urban Ranger Abilities:
* Spells: 1 0.
* Favored Enemy: Evil Outsiders +4
Aberrations +2.
* Urban Tracking Feat.
* Wild Empathy = +Level/2.
* Combat Style: Two-Weapon Fighting.
* Endurance Feat.
* Animal Companion: None at this point.
* Imp. Combat Style: Imp. Two-Weapon Fighting.
* Swift Tracker (Gather Info every 1/2 hour no penalty).

Psion (Nomad) Abilities:
* Additional Class Skills: Climb, Jump, Ride, Survival, & Swim.
* Discipline: Psychoportation.
* Bonus Feat (x2).

Lvl Aq’d Feats:
1) Simple Weapon Proficiency
1) Martial Weapon Proficiency
1) Light Armor Proficiency
1) Shield Proficiency
1) Urban Tracking
1) Speed of Thought
1) Master Linguist
2) Combat Style - Two-Weapon Fighting
3) Endurance
3) Up the Walls
5) Psionic Weapon
6) Imp. Combat Style - Imp. Two-Weapon Fighting
6) Psionic Meditation

Languages: Common, Quori, Riedran, Draconic, Daelkyr, Elven, Goblin, Infernal, Undercommon

Skill(Att) Total = Ranks + Att Mod + Misc
Concentration (Con) 12 = 10 + 2
Diplomacy (Cha) 4(-3) = 0 + 0(-1) + 4
Gather Information (Cha) 10(9) = 10 + 0(-1)
Hide (Dex) 14 = 10 + 4
Know [Dungeoneering](Int) 10(9) = 5 + 5(4)
Know [Local – Sharn](Int) 10(9) = 5 + 5(4)
Know [Psionics](Int) 10(9) = 5 + 5(4)
Know [The Planes](Int) 10(9) = 5 + 5(4)
Listen (Wis) 12 = 10 + 2
Move Silently (Dex) 14 = 10 + 4
Psicraft (Int) 17(16) = 10 + 5(4) + 2
Sense Motive (Wis) 12 = 10 + 2
Spot (Wis) 12 = 10 + 2

Lvl Psionic Powers(DC mod +5 Int):
1 Catfall
1 Crystal Shard
1 Detect Teleportation
1 Inertial Armor
1 Vigor
2 Concussion Blast
2 Energy Stun
2 Knock
2 Levitate
3 Danger Sense
3 Dispel Psionics
3 Energy Retort
3 Telekinetic Force
4 Dimensional Anchor
4 Dimension Door
4 Energy Adaptation
4 Intellect Fortress

Ranger Spells Normally Prepared(DC mod +2 Wis):
1 Alarm, Detect Evil
2 Locate Object

Equipment:
Cloak of Charisma+2
Gloves of Dexterity +2
Headband of Intellect +2
Ring of Sustenance
Ring of Protection +1
Heward's Handy Haversack
Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (50)
Longsword +1 Aberration Bane
Light Mace +1
[/Sblock]

Hope this looks good. Background ideas are still percolating in the backbrain. Hopefully will have more time to try to write them down over the rest of the weekend.

IcyCool

First Post
Erudite said:
I certainly see a connection here. Perhaps both men have been on expeditions with each other? Given their interests, and the fact that most clerics will not be too happy with their interests, they may be collaborators on research, hypotheses, and theories.

That sounds ideal. I'd be happy saying that the two of them have been out on expeditions together.

Erudite

First Post
Dear DM and Fellow Players,

My access to the Internet is going to be largely limited to my work time, rather than the time at home. This means that my ability to participate in PbP is drastically affected. I'm not sure how long this will last (most likely several months), and my work connection is s-l-o-w and infrequent. Unfortunately this means that I must withdraw from the games I tried so hard to be in. I apologize deeply for any inconvenience this creates for any of you. I hope to be back at the EN World PbP forums sometime late winter or next spring.

Regards,
Erudite

Masleh

First Post
Erudite said:
Dear DM and Fellow Players,

My access to the Internet is going to be largely limited to my work time, rather than the time at home. This means that my ability to participate in PbP is drastically affected. I'm not sure how long this will last (most likely several months), and my work connection is s-l-o-w and infrequent. Unfortunately this means that I must withdraw from the games I tried so hard to be in. I apologize deeply for any inconvenience this creates for any of you. I hope to be back at the EN World PbP forums sometime late winter or next spring.

Regards,
Erudite

Drat, sorry to see you go Erudite, I was looking forward to seeing your character in play. Should you get new access there's always a spot for you in game. Best of luck, Masleh

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Okay, here is my question:

This party currently has 1 pure fighting brute (Monk/Ftr), 2 psion/mobile-warriors, 2 ftr/arcanists, and a wiz/clr.

With the loss of Erudite, we are left without anyone who can really deal with traps/locks/other skill-based stuff. While Gavin is pretty different than Caaspar, Oskar and Gavin seem to have some overlap. They both are casters in heavy armor with significant travel-magic ability.

I would be willing to construct a new character with a similar back-ground (Dragonmarked scion who left the family for the war, came back and got some training-in this new case, he will have been officially "kicked out" of the family, but secretly given support for his less-than-seemly experiments. The thing is, I wouldn't be able to get the character all statted out and ready to go until Thursday or Friday at the latest.

Would we rather start sooner with the current line-up, or are you guys willing to wait for Gavin D'Cannith, Artificer/Renegade Mastermaker/Dragonmarked Heir/plus other stuff...?

I'm good with keeping D'Orien around, I just don't want to be stepping on toes or shooting ourselves in the foot. Keeping everything under the ankle safe!

IcyCool

First Post
ShaggySpellsword, I'm willing to give any party configuration a try. I think you should play what you'll enjoy playing.

*shrug* That's my $0.02.

Masleh

First Post
ShaggySpellsword said:
I'd enjoy both...BUT...I just bought a new video game, so I think I'll keep D'Orien

Glad to hear it, I'd prefer everyone to play what they want, instead of what they feel the party needs.

I assumed it was possible we'd be missing a rogue, given the prevelance of full BAB full casters is a ghestalt setting. This is fine, I've got a few npc gadgeteer's that can follow the party depending on how things go once we start the game. Speaking of which:

--------this is for everyone-------------
We've lost a person at work due to unrelated injuries, so my managers have been stacking on the hours since a couple days ago. I'm delaying the start of the game until Thursday of next week, I'll be lucky if I get in only a few more posts between now and that time. Sorry for the inconvienance.

Remove ads