• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Items Gone Sideways

Krakenspire

First Post
Recently I was Dming a 5th edition version of Zenopus's ruined tower dungeon for some new players. Always love the classics when I can use them, and the dungeon is really very simple and relatively easy to convert on the fly.

In rolling up treasure I decided that I would every once in a while roll on the PHB trinkets page to make things a bit interesting. Every once in a while changing up the trinkets a bit to make them roll into the story or be useful.

In room P within the closet they found a bunch of random supplies, one of which (rolls on table...98 - Griffon Grease) I announced it as Gryffindor Grease for a little laugh. The characters were suddenly very excited. Not quite understanding why and not getting my laugh I carried on.

The next door they tried was rusted stuck. So of course they applied the "Griffon Door Grease" to it and tried to open the door. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes and of course gave them advantage to the roll.

Any good stories about items gone sideways out there??

MarkB

Legend
I look forward to the Raven clawhammer and the Huffle puff pastry, though the Slither insanitary pad may be an idea best forgotten.

Remove ads